Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 03-16-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
new3-dshooter

new3-dshooter is on a distinguished road
Default classes

i shoot asa and i shoot a 30 inch stabilizer with fixed pins and my club tells me that i have to shoot open class. asa rules say that i can shoot unlimited,but my club only has release and open class no unlimited class what class do i shoot in.
new3-dshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:47 PM   #2
Eagle1

Eagle1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by new3-dshooter
i shoot asa and i shoot a 30 inch stabilizer with fixed pins and my club tells me that i have to shoot open class. asa rules say that i can shoot unlimited,but my club only has release and open class no unlimited class what class do i shoot in.

maybe your club should look into more classes if your club says open then shoot open and show them how it's done.
Eagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
MoBowman

MoBowman is on a distinguished road

I think you'll find that most clubs these days are not going by all the different classes that traditionally have been set by IBO and others. Main reason is the numbers of shooters that are not showing up for the shoots. I gets pretty difficult to have a dozen different classes and only about 60 shooters. Just dosen't make sence to have all these different classes IMO.

MoBowman ```---------->
MoBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:27 PM   #4
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

We get an average of 35 guys at the shoots for the year. Not alot of guys on a consistant basis either so if we had more than two main classes than we would never get enough guys in one class to give awards. We go by open and top gun.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:41 AM   #5
slade3237

slade3237 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to slade3237

Hello, I am VERY new to this and am not even sure if I have posted a message properly........... can someone please help. I am new to the archery scene and would like to either join a club or find people in my area that are interested in getting together somewhere to shoot. Thank you-Slade
slade3237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:16 AM   #6
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default Welcome

WELCOME to 3DSHOOTS slade Where are you from? What kind of bow are you shooting(recurve,compound). What kind of shooting are you interested in (indoors,3D,field,hunting). Do you have any Archery Proshops around you? They can help you get setup with proper draw length,proper draw weight,style of bow. They will also probably have a list of shoots around your area. Some have indoor ranges or outdoor ranges or both. The best bet is to find a Proshop and go from there. If you have any questions at all just post them here and we will try to help you out. Lots of good guys on here that love to help fellow archers out. Good luck and have fun

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:26 PM   #7
slade3237

slade3237 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to slade3237
Default Thank you for your help

Frank, I just realized you had responded to my need for help. Thank you very much, it just all seems a bit overwhelming, but I really want to do this.

Just a small bio of me. For one, I am a girl, second I am a transplant from Australia, and recently relocated to NC.

I have always had an interest in Archery, but simply never followed through and now I think it's time to do just that.

Again thank you for the feed back and I look forward to realizing this small goal of mine.

Slade
slade3237 is offline   Reply With Quote