Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 07-08-2006, 02:38 AM   #1
Randlyn

Randlyn is on a distinguished road
Red face Help! Extreme newbie!

Archery in gym class is about as far as my archery experience goes, which is something I definitely would like to change. Now the hard part, I have no idea how to go about starting!? I'm a 19 year old female with no idea where to start. If anyone has the time to give me some tips on how to find my draw length and what would be the best kind of bow to start out target practicing with, I would appreciate it greatly.
Randlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:34 AM   #2
chuck7413

chuck7413 is on a distinguished road

If there are any archery pro shops in your area, go there. They can measure you for draw length and you can shoot some different bows to see what fits and what you like.
chuck7413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:53 AM   #3
deadstroke

deadstroke is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Another good thing to determine is whether you want to shoot a compound bow (more hunting bow style) or Recurve style which is probably closer to what they shoot in gym class. But either way the nearest archery pro shop is most likely your best bet as they should be able to determine your draw length, and if you are lucky they may have both recurve and compound bows for you to test. Either way have fun and meet some cool people. All the archers I have met so far have been great people and made the sport much more enjoyable.
deadstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
jerseyguy

jerseyguy is on a distinguished road
Default New to Archery

Archery

An avid archer and former two-time Texas State Champion, our expert speaks in depth about the equipment necessary to practice the sport of archery.

From the different kinds of bows to the bare necessities of the sport, our expert covers it all.

If you need to know what a bowstring, arrow rest, bow sight, finger protection, fletching or stabilizer is, our expert gives solid information on each topic.

In addition, he also tells anyone interested in the sport to determine if they want to be in the sport for casual or competitive reasons.

The expert fully explains exactly what a recurve bow, compound bow, draw check device and several other archery terms are in detail.

The expert also talks about safety tips that every archer should be aware of and some general information that anyone interested in getting started in the sport should know.
jerseyguy is offline   Reply With Quote