Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-10-2006, 01:59 PM   #1
west texas heat

west texas heat is on a distinguished road
Default trying to decide on Hoyt, Mthews, bowtech

i went and shot 3 bows... the switchback XT, the Hoyt Strykon, and the Tribute by Bowtech. hard decisions thought i would look for opinions in the field vs the salesmen...... bowtech is the quickest and more kinetic energy for sure quieter than any other bow tech i have seen and not much recoil just does not feel comfortable pulling back... the hoyt tryon is the best looking to me and is the best Hoyt i have ever shot as is the Mathews xt... the decision now is the tough one as they both feel great ... if you have shot the XT and not the Trykon you should go try it.... i like speed but consistency , accuracy, (the shooter controls a big part of that), quietness is a plus...... now we have single cam vs cam and a half.... split limb vs solid limb because they both are neck an neck to me in quietness, accuracy, do not know cosistancy and do not know much about the cams or the limbs......... always wanted a mathews but now after shooting the trykon my mind is hazy again.... same price .... i appreciate any feed back on the limbs and the cams you guys may have ..... almost a coin flip on every thing else
west texas heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #2
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

I love my XT, but a friend of mine loves his Trykon just as much. I have shot the Tribute and it is an awesome shooter. It is a personal feeling you should have for the bow you buy. All are fantastic bows and only you can decide which is best for you. Good luck and keep us informed.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #3
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

All three are good choices and you will not be dissatisfied in any of them but after shooting the three of them the Trykon is the one that stood out in my mind.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:44 PM   #4
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

You may want to check this out.

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/featu...006headtohead/

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:14 AM   #5
west texas heat

west texas heat is on a distinguished road

thanks for the opinions. i chose the XT for no other reason than i have always wanted a Mathews and did not get it for some reason or another....mainly $$$ no matter what other bow i would have bought i would have been in the same mind set..... so know i cant say that anymore i have one as of this morning, or at least have one on order ...so again i appreciate your time and responses
west texas heat is offline   Reply With Quote