Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
herdsman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
herdsman is on a distinguished road
Default Water Buffalo hunts

Do you wish to experience a hunt of a lifetime?
Herdsman Adventure Safaris have secured an elite concession within Arnhemland, Northern Australia. We have got Water Buffalo coming out of our ears & they are big, fast & mean.There is over 7000 Buffalo within our concession & there is not a fence in sight. Our main hunting method is to drive the Swamps in our Panther Airboat to get up close & personal with the rogue males. many of these animals have never seen humans or machinery before.We also boast some of the largest crocodiles in the world within the Swamps of our concession. Recently a 20ft beast with a 5 ft slide was seen but not captured...
herdsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #2
goldflinger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norwalk Wi
Posts: 707
goldflinger is on a distinguished road
Default

how many thousands of $$$$$$$$$$$$ are we talking?
__________________
Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?
goldflinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #3
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!
 
bullfiddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 11,308
bullfiddle is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
We also boast some of the largest crocodiles in the world within the Swamps of our concession. Recently a 20ft beast with a 5 ft slide was seen but not captured...
Dude and your asking me if I wanna hunt there? No thanks.........
__________________
Bass and Bucks Staff Shooter
Ranger Custom Bowstrings Staff Shooter
Pathfinder Arrow Wraps Staff Shooter
FBSA President and Founder
bullfiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
j3dGuam
Senior Member
 
j3dGuam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Guam, Western Tropical Pacific
Posts: 308
j3dGuam is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdsman View Post
Do you wish to experience a hunt of a lifetime?
Herdsman Adventure Safaris have secured an elite concession within Arnhemland, Northern Australia. We have got Water Buffalo coming out of our ears & they are big, fast & mean.There is over 7000 Buffalo within our concession & there is not a fence in sight. Our main hunting method is to drive the Swamps in our Panther Airboat to get up close & personal with the rogue males. many of these animals have never seen humans or machinery before.We also boast some of the largest crocodiles in the world within the Swamps of our concession. Recently a 20ft beast with a 5 ft slide was seen but not captured...
Cool got pictures?
j3dGuam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:04 PM   #5
herdsman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
herdsman is on a distinguished road
Default

The croc's wont get ya, we give them a very wide berth. The most economical hunt is for 2 or more people. Costs around $7300US each including 1 Buffalo Bull Trophy, guides, meals , air conditioned accom, etc etc.
herdsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
goldflinger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norwalk Wi
Posts: 707
goldflinger is on a distinguished road
Default

I could probably swing the 300. The 7000 no way.
__________________
Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?
goldflinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #7
herdsman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
herdsman is on a distinguished road
Default

Where can you hunt for $300 in pure wilderness??
herdsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #8
goldflinger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norwalk Wi
Posts: 707
goldflinger is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdsman View Post
Where can you hunt for $300 in pure wilderness??
Point taken. But I still can't come with the dough.
__________________
Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?
goldflinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #9
tenzero1
Member
 
tenzero1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 75
tenzero1 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdsman View Post
Where can you hunt for $300 in pure wilderness??

Canada/Alaska
tenzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #10
goldflinger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norwalk Wi
Posts: 707
goldflinger is on a distinguished road
Default

Oh and welcome to out world herdsman.
__________________
Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?
goldflinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #11
goldflinger
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Norwalk Wi
Posts: 707
goldflinger is on a distinguished road
Default

How much of a difference is there between your water buf and a cape buffalo you would see in Africa?
__________________
Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?
goldflinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #12
j3dGuam
Senior Member
 
j3dGuam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Guam, Western Tropical Pacific
Posts: 308
j3dGuam is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdsman View Post
The croc's wont get ya, we give them a very wide berth. The most economical hunt is for 2 or more people. Costs around $7300US each including 1 Buffalo Bull Trophy, guides, meals , air conditioned accom, etc etc.
Wow we paid $1000 for our domesticated Water Buffolo Bull from a breeder here. And I can ride him. Just got to keep throwing him hay.

Last edited by j3dGuam; 11-05-2007 at 08:39 PM.
j3dGuam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:21 PM   #13
herdsman
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
herdsman is on a distinguished road
Smile

There is some for sale over here too. No size about there horns though!!
Its not the cost of the Buffalo thats expensive its
1. getting there
2. Accomodating people in Arnhemland
3. Feeding people in Arnhemland
4. Insurance
5. Vehicles
6. Fuel

Blah Blah blah
herdsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:02 AM   #14
j3dGuam
Senior Member
 
j3dGuam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Guam, Western Tropical Pacific
Posts: 308
j3dGuam is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdsman View Post
There is some for sale over here too. No size about there horns though!!
Its not the cost of the Buffalo thats expensive its
1. getting there
2. Accomodating people in Arnhemland
3. Feeding people in Arnhemland
4. Insurance
5. Vehicles
6. Fuel

Blah Blah blah
I hear you man. One day I will hunt Australia because I'm not to far away from there. I've been there twice already but first I got to hunt New Zealand for some Red Stag and Tar.
j3dGuam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com