Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-07-2006, 11:07 AM   #1
Ex-Okie

Ex-Okie is on a distinguished road
Default Beware, Free Martin Recurve Offer

I am fairly new to this site but was browsing last week and saw the add from LEISURE OFFER .COM for a free Martin recurve for filling out a questionaire. I know there is no free lunch but had a little time top kill so I started the questionaire, answered no to all the great offers, after a little over an hour finally got to the end and had to pick ( buy) two out of three items to be elligible for the bow. I backtracked and deleted everything all the way back to the start. Later that day I started getting spam, all kinds of junk mail. I have received hundreds of messages in the weeks time. I have been trying to unsubscribe but does not appear to help. I don't know what to do next but wanted to warn everyone here to beware. VB
Ex-Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default SPAM-Should be outlawed

Thanks for the warning my friend and to 3DSHOOTS. Sorry to hear of all the SPAM you are receiving. I hope it stops soon for you.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:38 PM   #3
Ex-Okie

Default Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier
Thanks for the warning my friend and to 3DSHOOTS. Sorry to hear of all the SPAM you are receiving. I hope it stops soon for you.
I hope so, got another 20 today. If it dosn't stop soon, I may have to change e-mail address. I knew better than to respond but did not have any idea it would get this bad. I knew there would not be any bow but just wanted to see what kind of line they had. Now I know. I see the add is still being ran. It should be stopped, but don't look like it will be.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:19 PM   #4
bengapple

bengapple is on a distinguished road
Default Stop the Spyware

Download te free version of the Spyware Doctor from PC Tools (www.pctools.com) and let it do its magic. DONOT use Spystopper or any other anti-spyware software most are simple spyware installers.
Apex Scope
bengapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #5
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

To check for spyware download spybot S&D. It's free, it's pretty good and no additional spyware.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:38 PM   #6
Ex-Okie

Default spyware

Thanks, guys, I have adaware se. It seems to remove spyware pretty well but I will try the other. I need to be able to block this junk but so far I cannot. Also the "FREE RECURVE AD " is still running on 3DShoots.com. I hope they don't get too many people like me. I don't have any idea how many I have received but am now getting anywhere from 15 to 30 a day. It is getting old. VB
Old 07-10-2006, 08:00 AM   #7
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

By the end of the day, that ad should be gone.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 03:49 PM   #8
Ex-Okie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
By the end of the day, that ad should be gone.
Thanks, Chris. I'm still getting the junk but just delete it and move on, maybe someday it will slow down.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:38 PM   #9
Shaman

Shaman is on a distinguished road

I dont think he has a trojan or adware.
He started a survey that at some point collected his e-mail.
And even though he did not finish the survey, they captured and sold it off to spammers.

I once went to one of the loan sites like lendingtree and even though I canceled out, I still got a ton of mortgage offers and crap. You think you are just navigating their survey, but on every page 'next' you are actually submitting your data. Shady practices to be sure.
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:32 PM   #10
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Yep, I agree same thing happened to me a few years back thats why I use an alternate E-Mail Address when I sign up for things. Just go to like yahoo or MSN and you can get an account set up for free and then every once in a while just go in and delete junk. This way your main E-Mail account does not get spammed 50 times a day. Sorry this info is too late for you Ex-Okie.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote