Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic

Old 11-20-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough
Default Crazy bout this

Ok Some of you fellars are taking your libertys ta post stuff on here that ain't fit fer here
ya got ladys and 15 year olds and gentlemen as well
so knock it off and lets keep this place a fer tha whole family
what ya do in person is your business enjoy it there so we can enjoy this site.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:23 AM   #2
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
Ok Some of you fellars are taking your libertys ta post stuff on here that ain't fit fer here
ya got ladys and 15 year olds and gentlemen as well
so knock it off and lets keep this place a fer tha whole family
what ya do in person is your business enjoy it there so we can enjoy this site.
Gentlemen? on here? Okay where's he hiding! Lets Get him!
Old 11-21-2007, 07:41 AM   #3
scottg
Huntin Junkie

scottg is on a distinguished road

I can agree with Smokes on keep it for the family. This place is about archery, not Martin girls.

I will not mention any names, but some on here have made comments about some racey stuff, only to make negative comments later on in a different thread about the same thing.

I like most on here come to get advice, get the gossip on new equipment and see pictures of kills and share new information on equipment.

That's all folks

If you can read this, thank a teacher
If you can read this in english, thank a soldier.

08 82nd Airborne, 29" - 60 lbs - 300 fps
Octane Hostage Pro
Octane quiver
G5 XR .019 sights, Meta peep
Sims S-coil
Carbon Force Radial X-weav, Rage 3-blade - 390 grn

06 Tribute, 27.5" - 284 fps
scottg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:24 AM   #4
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
Gentlemen? on here? Okay where's he hiding! Lets Get him!
open season on gents huh BigD

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Old 11-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #5
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Quote:
open season on gents huh BigD
Bout time a season for something opens again! i hate these 2 weeks between archery season and rifle season, they are just stupid and there is no reason I can't be out there hunting right now. stupid game commision!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:57 AM   #6
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottg View Post
I can agree with Smokes on keep it for the family. This place is about archery, not Martin girls.

I will not mention any names, but some on here have made comments about some racey stuff, only to make negative comments later on in a different thread about the same thing.

I like most on here come to get advice, get the gossip on new equipment and see pictures of kills and share new information on equipment.

That's all folks

Martin girls? I haven't seen any pictures of Martin girls on here...

I've seen lots of other "girls" and read some jokes I wouldn't want my 7 year old repeating to his teacher though......

Good thread Smokes.....the South will never rise again, but you guys make sense every once in a while.....
Old 11-21-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
Martin girls? I haven't seen any pictures of Martin girls on here...

I've seen lots of other "girls" and read some jokes I wouldn't want my 7 year old repeating to his teacher though......

Good thread Smokes.....the South will never rise again, but you guys make sense every once in a while.....

Old 11-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #8
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
What? I put a smiley on the end......that makes everything OK right???
Old 11-21-2007, 10:51 AM   #9
Holy Smokes

Quote:
What? I put a smiley on the end......that makes everything OK right???
Thanks JC maybe tha rest of tha folks will intrested if we git a socalist pres ie Hillary
Bman this was a compliment and a very good one
why ya no noing.
Oh yore worried bout tha south bit huh

Old 11-21-2007, 10:56 AM   #10
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Thanks JC maybe tha rest of tha folks will intrested if we git a socalist pres ie Hillary
Bman this was a compliment and a very good one
why ya no noing.
Oh yore worried bout tha south bit huh
All I can do is nod my head smokes cause I have no idea what any of that means.....

too many vowels and not enough consonants or somethin......
Old 11-21-2007, 11:03 AM   #11
Holy Smokes

Quote:
All I can do is nod my head smokes cause I have no idea what any of that means.....:

too many vowels and not enough consonants or somethin......
translation from billy ta you fellars

Old 11-21-2007, 11:06 AM   #12
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
translation from billy ta you fellars

You're one of a kind Smokes..... I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving......
Old 11-21-2007, 11:08 AM   #13
Holy Smokes

Quote:
You're one of a kind Smokes..... I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving......
bacatya Jc nad I hope ya git a big un.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #14
Jay Are

Jay Are will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottg View Post

That's all folks
I agree with Scott agreeing with Smokes!

You have to remember this Forum has no hidden agendas and Chris has stated that this forum is whatever we the "general population" make of it.

With very limited moderation of this site allows us to post pictures of bunnies or material that is not keen. It is our choice to click on those threads or visit the site.

Changing the freedom to post whatever we want on the site comes at a costů and I believe finding a happy medium is needed, to make it enjoyable for all participants on this site.
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #15
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post

You have to remember this Forum has no hidden agendas and Chris has stated that this forum is whatever we the "general population" make of it.

With very limited moderation of this site allows us to post pictures of bunnies or material that is not keen. It is our choice to click on those threads or visit the site.

Changing the freedom to post whatever we want on the site comes at a costů and I believe finding a happy medium is needed, to make it enjoyable for all participants on this site.
very good thought JR I only wish I could enjoy tha good jokes here '
but i dare not open any fer tha bad ones.
I refuse ta put that junk in my mind

Old 11-21-2007, 05:14 PM   #16
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:

Freedom to post whatever you want will make this site a crap hole. It has already started in the jokes forum. It will spread and this place won't be worth coming to. Having freedom and having the right to do whatever you want are two different things. This site has rules, and most of the posts in question are violating them. Unenforced rules are useless...........

Having no moderation is like having no police force. Won't take long for the riff raff to move in and the good folks to leave and go elsewhere.....
Old 11-21-2007, 05:17 PM   #17
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Freedom to post whatever you want will make this site a crap hole. It has already started in the jokes forum. It will spread and this place won't be worth coming to. Having freedom and having the right to do whatever you want are two different things. This site has rules, and most of the posts in question are violating them. Unenforced rules are useless...........

Having no moderation is like having no police force. Won't take long for the riff raff to move in and the good folks to leave and go elsewhere.....
Yup I like your thinkin JC
My rights end where yores begin
Thats a hard un ta live by but tha truth none tha less.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #18
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Yup I like your thinkin JC
My rights end where yores begin
Thats a hard un ta live by but tha truth none tha less.
And that boils down to respect and something called the golden rule.

Neither are taught much anymore and our society is reaping the benefits of that no isn't it......
Old 11-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #19
Jay Are

Quote:

I was trying to make a point...Enforcing the rules here would make a happy medium for all of us and I think it has been needed for sometime.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:37 PM   #20
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
I was trying to make a point...Enforcing the rules here would make a happy medium for all of us and I think it has been needed for sometime.
I misunderstood you.......my apologies!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 05:39 PM   #21
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
You did say that changing the freedom to post whatever we want would come at a price. If that price is losing a few members with loose fingers and a lack of common sense, then I'd say that is a pretty good deal.....
Old 11-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #22
Jay Are

Quote:
You did say that changing the freedom to post whatever we want would come at a price. If that price is losing a few members with loose fingers and a lack of common sense, then I'd say that is a pretty good deal.....
IMO --- Won't happen. (or at least anytime soon)

This subject can be a double edged sword... All I ask is for someone to enforce the rules of the site without being subjective and/or opinionated to others thoughts/believes. (Other words we will turn into like that other site, with an enforced agenda)
Old 11-21-2007, 05:57 PM   #23
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
IMO --- Won't happen. (or at least anytime soon)

This subject can be a double edged sword... All I ask is for someone to enforce the rules of the site without being subjective and/or opinionated to others thoughts/believes. (Other words we will turn into like that other site, with an enforced agenda)
It won't happen until Chris hires a few ranch hands. There is only so much one man can do.

I think the discussions we have here are great and disagreements are usually worked out in the end (see Smokes and my Memorial Day discussion). That stuff shouldn't be moderated out. However some of the jokes and pictures being thrown around should.

If nothing else, make a forum that is age verified where that crap can be spoken and posted freely.

And I have yet to figure out what ATs agenda is I guess it is to ban all the morons and send them over here......

For the record: I'm not keeping a list of banned ATers and have no idea who no here is one. I just know there are a few.....
Old 11-21-2007, 06:06 PM   #24
Jay Are

Quote:
I think the discussions we have here are great and disagreements are usually worked out in the end (see Smokes and my Memorial Day discussion). That stuff shouldn't be moderated out. However some of the jokes and pictures being thrown around should......
Agreed --- 110%

Quote:
If nothing else, make a forum that is age verified where that crap can be spoken and posted freely......
I also agree on this!

Quote:
And I have yet to figure out what ATs agenda is I guess it is to ban all the morons and send them over here...... .....
It is not the full AT site that has an agenda, the site is way too large and the Mods have a hard enough time to monitor all the crap that goes on there. I think some of the Mods that they have had there (in the past) were way too subjective on banning people. Not sure about it now as I was one of those morons in the past that have been banned (once or twice), because a mod didn't agree with my thoughts.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:15 PM   #25
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Agreed --- 110%

I also agree on this!

It is not the full AT site that has an agenda, the site is way too large and the Mods have a hard enough time to monitor all the crap that goes on there. I think some of the Mods that they have had there (in the past) were way too subjective on banning people. Not sure about it now as I was one of those morons in the past that have been banned (once or twice), because a mod didn't agree with my thoughts.
I thought you were...... More than likely you broke the rules though..... They are actually enforced over there........
Old 11-21-2007, 06:21 PM   #26
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

o.k. so WE (the few that have posted in th thread) are in a greement that Chris needs some help......

so we can sit here and do nothing or we can take the forum back......

I also feel we need a age sensitive forum section that we can use for some of the stuff thats not appropriat for the younger veiwers.........

hate to say it but now that we are getting bigger we need a M ville....never thought I would say it......
Old 11-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #27
Jay Are

Quote:
I thought you were...... More than likely you broke the rules though..... They are actually enforced over there........
Spoken like a loyal ATer!

Don't balme you... but for reference I never broke a rule the first time I got banned. Long story, the mod is no longer there that did it. Don't pass judgment or assume on what you don't know??????
Old 11-21-2007, 06:27 PM   #28
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:

Don't balme you... but for reference I never broke a rule the first time I got banned. Long story, the mod is no longer there that did it. Don't pass judgment or assume on what you don't know??????
and he aint telling stories on that one Justin
Old 11-21-2007, 06:28 PM   #29
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

bullfiddle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
o.k. so WE (the few that have posted in th thread) are in a greement that Chris needs some help......

I also feel we need a age sensitive forum section that we can use for some of the stuff thats not appropriat for the younger veiwers.........

hate to say it but now that we are getting bigger we need a M ville....never thought I would say it......
Can we call it freak town? If it is I am there.........
FBSA President and Founder
bullfiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:34 PM   #30
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:

I got banned once over there too. Called Dan Boone a Horses @$$ in a private message. No warning or nothin. He must have had an agenda.......

I'm not claiming to know what happened. Just seems like every banned AT'er you talk to sounds like a con in the clink...."I'm innocent, I never did nuttin..."
Old 11-21-2007, 06:35 PM   #31
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
Can we call it freak town? If it is I am there.........
How about Funky Town. When you enter that song can start playing....
Old 11-21-2007, 06:37 PM   #32
Jay Are

Quote:
I'm not claiming to know what happened. Just seems like every banned AT'er you talk to sounds like a con in the clink...."I'm innocent, I never did nuttin..."
By the sounds of it -- you would make a great Mod
Old 11-21-2007, 06:37 PM   #33
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

Quote:
How about Funky Town. When you enter that song can start playing....
Funky town is cool with me....
Old 11-21-2007, 06:39 PM   #34
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:

I'm not gonna run around here like Rosco P Coltrain with no bullets in my gun....
Old 11-21-2007, 06:40 PM   #35
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
By the sounds of it -- you would make a great Mod
You better hope Chris never makes me one.........
Old 11-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #36
Jay Are

Quote:
You better hope Chris never makes me one.........
Maybe than all us Banned morons can get banned here???
Old 11-21-2007, 06:44 PM   #37
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

Quote:
I'm not gonna run around here like Rosco P Coltrain with no bullets in my gun....
Dude Roscoe had bullets in his gun.....Barney Fife carried one in his shirt pocket.....
Old 11-21-2007, 06:45 PM   #38
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Maybe than all us Banned morons can get banned here???
Only if you can't follow rules here too. How did you get banned the 2nd time?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:45 PM   #39
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
Dude Roscoe had bullets in his gun.....Barney Fife carried one in his shirt pocket.....
Details details........you get the point.....
Old 11-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #40
Jay Are

Quote:
Only if you can't follow rules here too. How did you get banned the 2nd time?
That my friend is a story in all it's own - Why would you want to know?

Does it matter?
Anything I say, will not change your judgment on me... but I have treated everyone on this site with respect as I have on the other sites I go to.