Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-14-2006, 04:43 AM   #1
joekidd

joekidd is on a distinguished road
Default First Robinhood

Well, I did it last night. While shooting groups at the range, I heard *bang* and a couple of guys joking about my arrows being too long. I wasn't sure what they meant until we went to pull our arrows. It was kind of cool at first with the pats on the back and all, then I realized that it just cost me about $20 or so!
After that, I went right back to shooting 5 spots! Robinhoods are cool, but costly.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:59 PM   #2
mnhunter50

mnhunter50 is on a distinguished road

I did that a couple of weeks ago. There was a bang and then i went to check it out and sure enough the arrow went in about 5 inches striaght down the middle spliting the nock so one side was sticking out on one side and the other on the other side. I showed it to my mom and she wanted me to pull it out because it cost lots of money. But i saved it and its now in my room.
mnhunter50
mnhunter50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:34 PM   #3
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Would love to go to five spot but in the leagues that i shoot, once you start w/single spot you have to stay w/single spot. So i will continue to shoot single spot and break stuff, i am averageing about two rh's a week , gets expensive, glad the owner of the pro shop I use likes me and gives me a deal on most of my equipment.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #4
Next Ridge Over

Next Ridge Over is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
I showed it to my mom and she wanted me to pull it out because it cost lots of money
That is some funny stuff!!!!

Way to go JoeKidd

Last edited by Next Ridge Over; 02-16-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Next Ridge Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:16 AM   #5
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default Good Job JoeKidd

I just got my first robinhood couple of weeks ago too. I am only shooting 5 spots also until I lose control and want to make some noise. Bowman I feel sorry for you but WOW 2 rhs a week. That could get real expensive.

Frank

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:06 PM   #6
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

REAL EXPENSIVE. Monday night I shot 298-48x and no robin hoods things are starting to look up. I did however have the something pretty cool though. I started putting a magnet behind my target and....no just kidding...It was about the 7 or 8 end and I thought I had a robin hood. made lotsof noise but when we got down to the target, the nock was just broke off. But it was broke off flush w/the end of the arrow, thought that was kinda cool.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:48 PM   #7
dsb

Default Robin hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekidd
Well, I did it last night. While shooting groups at the range, I heard *bang* and a couple of guys joking about my arrows being too long. I wasn't sure what they meant until we went to pull our arrows. It was kind of cool at first with the pats on the back and all, then I realized that it just cost me about $20 or so!
After that, I went right back to shooting 5 spots! Robinhoods are cool, but costly.
Congrat's anyway. ! My coach keeps telling me to practice at different spots but for league to shoot the one cirlce to build points if I miss on the 5 spot. Well just this week after a year of shooting and training I too shot my first robinhood! the last arrow of the round. It felt good, but like you I will now go back to the 5 spot target and work on raising my average score. So far I am hangin in the 260 to 270 range with 6-10 X's per league night. We have three more weeks and I would like to see a 285.