Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Tournament Forum > Tournament Discussions

Old 02-15-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
coyotebluff

coyotebluff is on a distinguished road
Default Coyote Bluff Family Archery

Just wanted every one to know about us in Oklahoma and if you are looking for a good shoot on a weekend come and see us. To see more about our Range Please Visit are web site www.coyotebluffarchery.com

Darrel Trout
Coyote Bluff Family Archery
coyotebluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:48 PM   #2
ldale

ldale is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestion for Coyote Bluff

After reading your post and clicking the link to your web site, I chose the "photos" link on your home page. It took a long time to download the page, and when I looked at the file size of each photo they were about ten times larger than they had to be. By comparison, the beautiful coyote photo on your home page is only 16 K in size, compared to 2,052 K of each range photo! To aid in fast page loads, you can also use the technique of publishing smaller "thumbnails" that will open the full size image when clicked.

Using a graphical editor that can properly size and optimize the photo for web publishing by "compressing" the jpg image is the most important part; I use Macromedia Fireworks, but there are several other suitable software packages.

This is not a criticism of your site; just a friendly suggestion that you may find useful.

Larry Dale

Last edited by ldale; 02-15-2006 at 03:54 PM.
ldale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 08:11 AM   #3
coyotebluff

coyotebluff is on a distinguished road
Default change web site pitchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldale
After reading your post and clicking the link to your web site, I chose the "photos" link on your home page. It took a long time to download the page, and when I looked at the file size of each photo they were about ten times larger than they had to be. By comparison, the beautiful coyote photo on your home page is only 16 K in size, compared to 2,052 K of each range photo! To aid in fast page loads, you can also use the technique of publishing smaller "thumbnails" that will open the full size image when clicked.

Using a graphical editor that can properly size and optimize the photo for web publishing by "compressing" the jpg image is the most important part; I use Macromedia Fireworks, but there are several other suitable software packages.

This is not a criticism of your site; just a friendly suggestion that you may find useful.

Larry Dale
Thank you for the suggestion i went in and thumbnail everything look at it and see if it is better
again thanks
coyotebluff
coyotebluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:08 AM   #4
ldale

ldale is on a distinguished road
Default Looks Great!

The photos page loaded in a flash, and the thumbnails work great. It looks like you have a great course there. If you are ever near Central Illinois, I can take you through our Menard Archers course. ( http://menardarchers.com ) Our web site still needs a lot of improvement, too - suggestions are welcome.

Larry
ldale is offline   Reply With Quote