Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Tournament Forum > Tournament Discussions

Old 09-14-2004, 10:27 PM   #1
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone going to the Blackhawk shoot in Rockton IL?

Anyone going to Blackhawk this weekend. There is a shoot there, probably the last 3D of the year. I'm going to try to make it on Sunday.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 08:21 PM   #2
3D-Dummy

3D-Dummy is on a distinguished road

Be sure to wear your halo and don't forget your Recurve....
3D-Dummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 09:30 PM   #3
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Why recurve, this isn't a traditional only shoot is it?
Old 09-17-2004, 05:40 AM   #4
3D-Dummy

I don't think so. It's their Jamboree. Compound bows are allowed. I was making a bad attempt at being a jerk. I should just keep my "mouth" shut sometimes.
Old 09-17-2004, 07:37 AM   #5
Chris
Administrator

No problem, I just wanted to get one more shoot in before the end of the year.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:58 AM   #6
3D-Dummy

The Archery Den in Coleta, IL has a 20 target 3D set up year around. $6.00 to shoot it. His # is 815-336-2059. There is a box there for your money if he's not there.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:11 AM   #7
OVERLORD

OVERLORD is on a distinguished road

3-d dummy your right that comment was stupid. Our shoot this weekend will be open to compounds and trad. As all of our shoots are except our Trad. in August. Dave Lee President Backhawk Field Archers
OVERLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 01:09 PM   #8
3D-Dummy

Overlord...

I wondered if I'd spark a rise out of someone. I guess since you'd be the one in charge over there You could be the one to address this. I joined your club once a few years ago with the intent of meeting some guys I could shoot traditional equipment with and learn. It seemed to me that all anyone would tell me is that I couldn't hunt your property. I was stressed that information by several of your members more than once. I don't even hunt. Don't have the time for it and really don't care for it.

I was given the impression that since I wasn't already a traditional shooter, I didn't fit in. I was just an outsider trying to get involved in something I shouldn't be bothering with. Well I didn't bother getting involved I just left. Kissed my money goodbye and went on to a more Satanic cult. I'll just take my solo cam and my money to where I made to feel welcome.

Thanks for speaking up for your club. I don't intend this as a personal stab at you I don't even remember who was president then. It's your club that I was dissapointed with.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:45 PM   #9
OVERLORD

No offence was taken, I just get alittle tired of the shots without an explaination given as to why. That would have been about two years ago and without getting into what was happening at the club at that time. ( I don't like airing club laundry out in public) All I can say is look me up next year and I'll explain everything to you. There is a whole new group of officers and a fresh outlook on things. You'd be amazed at our new way of thinking!
Old 09-26-2004, 10:35 PM   #10
Chris
Administrator

I wish I could have made it out there but with our new Archery Shop opening up, I just could not get away.

I did talk to some of the shooters that did go. Just a small piece of advice. Add a few longer shots to your shoots. They don't all need to be long shots but a few would make it more interesting. A few of the guys complained that the majority of the shots were too close.

Just my opinion.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:18 PM   #11
OVERLORD

Well it was the bowhunter jamboree not a warm-up for anything else. There were a few longer shots. Also it gets alittle daunting trying to please everyone. Which will never happen it's either too close or too far or not enough of one or the other. My suggestion is come out and join the club set the course and see what our overworked 3-d chairperson has to deal with. But the bellyachers won't do that will they. Personal note to Chris come and actully shoot the course one time and see for yourself. Instead of relying on others view. You just might be surprised.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:54 PM   #12
Chris
Administrator

I will have more time to come shoot this summer. I'm sorry if you do not want to me to pass on the feelings of the shooters that come in and talk to me.

I thought the goal was to hear from the shooters and take their comments into consideration regarding shoot setup. I really don't consider them bellyachers but to each his own.

As far as shooting the course, I have. I was very surprised by the shortness of the course. It was earlier in the year and I believe I shot a 324 or so. It was the same weekend Jeff Borg shot a 348.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:07 PM   #13
3D-Dummy

Boy oh boy oh boy.......
Old 10-07-2004, 08:41 PM   #14
mike

mike is on a distinguished road

Wow! i just came across what 3d-dummy just said about the people at blakhawk always telling him that there is no hunting allowed there.
I have been reading this forum for a while but I never took the time to register, once I read that i had to speak out because that is the same thing they kept telling me.

I only wanted to meet people that shot traitional. If I really wanted to hunt Blackhawk's land I would not have paid for the membership, I would have just did it. Uncle sam taght me how to be very sneeky. but im not that kind of person. I was very insulted and I did not renew my membership and I never went back. I understand they had problems in the past but they painted all of us with the same brush. I was not part of their past but now I am.

Boy I feel better! I thought it was just me they didn't like.

thanks mike
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 10:07 AM   #15
3D-Dummy

Mike,

I've been told that things have changed. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. After all I want to go to heaven when I die, don't you?