Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Tournament Forum > Tournament Discussions

Old 02-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #1
high school shooter

high school shooter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to high school shooter
Default sponsors

Does anyone know ways I might be able to get sponsored....I am 14 and am shooting in the 290's for indoor and am good at 3d....I would like to shoot for some sponsors and am going to be shooting the state indoors and the worlds for 3d here in West Virginia.....I would greatly appreciate it if someone could get me some info.....
high school shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #2
Darrel

Darrel is on a distinguished road

This thread should answer most of your questions. http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=982

Darrel

True Spot Scopes
Coffey Marketing
WindStalker Cable Guard
VaneTec vanes
Prostring custom bow strings
Darrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:43 AM   #3
MathewsApex7

MathewsApex7 is on a distinguished road
Default Sponsors

Having your parents help you with a resume' would be a good start. Send out the resumes to archery manufacturerers that you are interested in representing and shooting for. Hang out at your local archery pro shop, that maybe a good starting point for you also due to the fact that most have staff shooting positions available. Learn as much as you can from you local pro shop dealer and even start helping them out if you can. The more you are there the more they will get to know you as a person. It sounds like you are on the right track and that you enjoy shooting, so keep it up. It's good kids that are involved in archery.
MathewsApex7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:32 PM   #4
ptcruz421

ptcruz421 is on a distinguished road

Find a good local pro shop. Shoot there often as you can and learn from them. However, check around. If a shop has a bad reputation, you do not want to be associated with them. Like my first line says, find a good one.

Once you do find a good one, tell other shooters about the shop. Ask them if you can help out and that you do not want to be paid. Clean the range, strip arrows, whatever.

Remember, once you get sponsored you represent them at all times. This means when you are shooting and when you are not. If you get a DUI have an argument with a cop and get arrested, this will reflect poorly on the shop. This is just an example.
ptcruz421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:04 PM   #5
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

I know its an example but a dui at 14??? I guess stranger things have happened
Old 02-26-2006, 09:14 AM   #6
Pinwheel1969
#1 THREAD KILLER

Pinwheel1969 is on a distinguished road
Default sponsers

Getting a co-op shooter program through a local pro-shop is the way to go. gets you in the door. Also, shooting 290 wont really matter to most manufacturers. you will need to start winning some shoots before they notice you. Once you have found a pro-shop that will sponser you. It is easier to get the manufacturers to help you. Because the co-op program helps the proshops out. thats what the companies want. Good luck!!
I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
RANGER BOW STRINGS
Pinwheel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote