Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 03-04-2006, 05:48 PM   #1
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Trykon XL

Well guys after months of trying to figure out how to shoot the SuperTec I bought from a guy at my club comfortably, I finally broke down and bought something else. I figured when I bought it I would get comfortable with it when I got it all setup for me, well..... I could'nt. The string angle came back at such an acute angle that I had to drop my head to touch my nose to the string, tried changing things around including my anchor point but that was uncomfortable also. So its gonna probably go on Ebay or this site. So last night after work I went to the shop and tried different bows and the Hoyt Trykon XL came out on top. Man do I like this thing. I bought a camo one instead of ordering a anodized bow because I didnt want to wait six weeks to get it. I was a little leary on switching right before a tournament but I did well. Who knows maybe if I can talk mamma into another bow I might end up hunting with this one and ordering a colored Trykon XL when hunting season hits that way it wont be such a big deal to wait. But boy so far so good and I am really happy with the bow
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default Trykon XL is sweet

Those trykon xl are very nice shooting bows. Glad to hear you like it. I would probably have ordered one except the draw cycle just felt funny to me. Nothing I could'nt have gotten used to but just felt better with the xt. I hope you enjoy that new bow and hope you can get the other one too. What was the #1 selling point for you with this bow-speed,smoothness,or just felt right for you? Anyway congratulations on the new bow and good luck with it.

Frank

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #3
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Thinkin about ordering a Safari color Trykon, that is a smoth shootin machine. Might better wait and let the two new ones get here first, let the fiance stop fuming about those two first. She is pretty understanding about my archery stuff but three new bows in three weeks, I dont think that would fly. I think I am addicted. I need some help.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:40 AM   #4
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough
Default Trykon XL

Thanks guys. I did'nt like the way the trykon (the short one) drew, it seemed to roll over harder than then the XL. It was like when you are pulling back it was all then nothing, felt pretty jerky. But I know a guy who has the trykon and he just loves it. I shot the mathews switchback and the XT those are nice bows! I just did'nt care for the grip, I am so used to hoyt grips the mathews just did'nt feel right. There was just something when I was shooting the Trykon XL that I knew it was the one. It just felt smooth to me and I made my decision. I am a hoyt guy to begin with but I wanted to give mathews a fair shake so I shot alot of arrows through them and took alot of time making my decision. I had all the bows hanging up on the range staring at them thinking then I would grab another one and take some more shots. The hoyt won out but I am not saying anything bad against mathews its all personal feel and preference. they make a really nice bow. And frank I hope your bow comes in soon and we can hear how much you love that!!!! Well I rambled on enough see ya and thanks.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:32 PM   #5
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Yeah hes sure is cryin alot about not gettin his bow, Hey frank Guess what came on a over night ups truck this afternoon, yup you guessed it the Icon that had to come all the way from Ireland. Just have to put it together on Monday, Can you beleive it. this is awsome. HEHEHEHE, just kidding