Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 03-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #1
bigmikem031

bigmikem031 is on a distinguished road
Default Big Man Safety Harness

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you knew of any safety harnesses that are made for big guys? I weigh about 330 and I use a Lone Wolf climbing stand that is good up to 350 but the safety harness that came with the stand is AWFUL!! If any of you have any advice on where I could find a good, comfortable harness, please let me know.

Thanks!
bigmikem031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Just remember big guy, dont get too comfortable up there. Thats when accidents happen. Wouldnt want you nodding off and haveing to put that harness to use. Have you tried the seat-o-the pants saftey harness system? Not sure if it comes in multiple sizes. We sell full body harnesses at the shop I work at (forestry supplies) for bucket work (trees), comes in multiple sizes. Only problem is I think the only come in red. Just got me to thinking, I go 230 and sometimes I wonder if I should be up in trees anyway.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:53 AM   #3
Allen

Allen is on a distinguished road

Big Mike,

I'm about the same size as you and I gave up trees several years ago. I now use a pop-up ground blind and haven't had any drop-off in my deer harvest. In fact, I seem to be killing more with closer, easier shots than when I used a tree stand.

Tree stands are great and I would use one if I were a bit trimmer, but ground blinds have a lot of advantages too. Faster to set up, more comfortable, no need for a tree, quicker to move if you realize that the deer are somewhere else and sent containment.

Again, I have nothing against tree stands. They are the best way to hunt many situations, but ground blinds are a legitimate alternative.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

I could agree w/Allen more, the first time i took my fiance in the woods w/me we had a doe stick her head in the ground blind and still could not tell what we were until my fiance laught at her. I really do enjoy hunting out of a ground blind, maybe even more than the tree stand sometimes.