Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
SinGin
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,001
SinGin is on a distinguished road
Default Turkey Ethics Question

I am planning on bowhunting turkeys here in a couple of weeks. My only fear is loosing a turkey after I shoot it. So heres my question. If I practice, shoot only at yardages I am comfortable with and use the best equipment and only take the best shot possible would it be unethical to have my hunting buddy shoot the turkey in the head as soon as I connect with an arrow. That way it would almost be like it was shot with a shotgun. So what do you guys think???
SinGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
brokenarrow
Evil Genius
 
brokenarrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hudson Valley NY
Posts: 5,305
brokenarrow is on a distinguished road
Default

I don't think you will have to...
But I wouldn't say it would be unethical.
__________________

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
STRO
get'n rid of target panic
 
STRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 1,525
STRO is on a distinguished road
Default

If you shoot them through the wing joint they can not fly. If you shoot them in the thighs they can not run or fly. Or you could go for the vitals or a head shot. All of these are what I would consider ethical shots.

Good luck and aim small
__________________
.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor
STRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
archer1983
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: McArthur, Ohio
Posts: 836
archer1983 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinGin View Post
I am planning on bowhunting turkeys here in a couple of weeks. My only fear is loosing a turkey after I shoot it. So heres my question. If I practice, shoot only at yardages I am comfortable with and use the best equipment and only take the best shot possible would it be unethical to have my hunting buddy shoot the turkey in the head as soon as I connect with an arrow. That way it would almost be like it was shot with a shotgun. So what do you guys think???
If you are afraid you are going to lose one then dont take the bow. If you are confident you can get one, then take your bow.
archer1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #5
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----
 
Slippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lithopolis Ohio
Posts: 1,822
Slippy will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer1983 View Post
If you are afraid you are going to lose one then dont take the bow. If you are confident you can get one, then take your bow.
Is that why you gun hunt?

I figure if I do gut shoot one, and he gets away, its just a turkey. But I still take making an ethical shot seriously. In other words, if I lose a turkey, I'm no losing any sleep over it, a whitetail, yes, I would lose sleep, thats a lot of good eating that went to waste! Kinda. Cause it would still feed the other critters in the forest.
__________________
Prostaff of whatever DB uses.
Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #6
STRO
get'n rid of target panic
 
STRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 1,525
STRO is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
Is that why you gun hunt?

I figure if I do gut shoot one, and he gets away, its just a turkey. But I still take making an ethical shot seriously. In other words, if I lose a turkey, I'm no losing any sleep over it, a whitetail, yes, I would lose sleep, thats a lot of good eating that went to waste! Kinda. Cause it would still feed the other critters in the forest.
I see where this ethics discussion is going. It's just a turkey??? Shouldn't all game you are chasing be treated equally as far as a clean kill and recovery. WOW!!!
__________________
.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor
STRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #7
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRO View Post
I see where this ethics discussion is going. It's just a turkey??? Shouldn't all game you are chasing be treated equally as far as a clean kill and recovery. WOW!!!
not when it concern's Slippy's relitives........(TURKEYS).........
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #8
pred8er
He who eats fuzzy animals
 
pred8er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: my den
Posts: 1,468
pred8er is on a distinguished road
Default Found the spy slippy was talking about.......

he's in here, stirring the pot.
__________________
That look on my face is not concern, its shock at your utter stupidity!

Check out Redneckarcher.com. It's an adult archer/hunting site that feels like hunt camp.
pred8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #9
archer1983
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: McArthur, Ohio
Posts: 836
archer1983 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
Is that why you gun hunt?

I figure if I do gut shoot one, and he gets away, its just a turkey. But I still take making an ethical shot seriously. In other words, if I lose a turkey, I'm no losing any sleep over it, a whitetail, yes, I would lose sleep, thats a lot of good eating that went to waste! Kinda. Cause it would still feed the other critters in the forest.
No its a lot simpler than that. If he doesnt have confidence he can kill one then he shouldnt take his bow. If he is confident then he should take his bow. I never said whether he should or should not take a gun.

Did I?

You get the idea yet through that thick head of yours yet?
archer1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:23 AM   #10
Hoyt1986
GIT R-DONE!!!!!!
 
Hoyt1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 197
Hoyt1986 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer1983 View Post
No its a lot simpler than that. If he doesnt have confidence he can kill one then he shouldnt take his bow. If he is confident then he should take his bow. I never said whether he should or should not take a gun.

Did I?

You get the idea yet through that thick head of yours yet?
SEE me i am confindent with the bow but i ALWAYS TAKE MY GUN bc a dang turkey is hard enough to kill as it is!! Them bastards are confusing!!
__________________
HoYt TRYKON.........Enough said!!!!!!!

Referral Link for Hoyt1986 http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8025
Hoyt1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:25 AM   #11
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----
 
Slippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lithopolis Ohio
Posts: 1,822
Slippy will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer1983 View Post
No its a lot simpler than that.You get the idea yet through that thick head of yours yet?
Don't front.

And no, to answer the other guy, in general, not all animals hold the same value, not at all.

If you were fishing, and a big catch fish swallowed your hook on a catch and release lake, would you sleep that night? Thats what a I thought. Fish are animals too but people seem to forget that. Just this morning, I seen a live bat laying on the sidewalk, I stomped on it. Does that make me as bad as a deer poacher? Thats what I thought.
__________________
Prostaff of whatever DB uses.
Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #12
lungcutter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 832
lungcutter is on a distinguished road
Default

If you only take the close shots that are good angles you wont lose a bird. Wing joint or the hip, they wont go far.
__________________
IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
FBSA MEMBER
lungcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #13
STRO
get'n rid of target panic
 
STRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 1,525
STRO is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
Don't front.

And no, to answer the other guy, in general, not all animals hold the same value, not at all.

If you were fishing, and a big catch fish swallowed your hook on a catch and release lake, would you sleep that night? Thats what a I thought. Fish are animals too but people seem to forget that. Just this morning, I seen a live bat laying on the sidewalk, I stomped on it. Does that make me as bad as a deer poacher? Thats what I thought.
I don't think I am going to respond to this one, just stay away from my woods.
__________________
.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor
STRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #14
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
Don't front.

And no, to answer the other guy, in general, not all animals hold the same value, not at all.

If you were fishing, and a big catch fish swallowed your hook on a catch and release lake, would you sleep that night? Thats what a I thought. Fish are animals too but people seem to forget that. Just this morning, I seen a live bat laying on the sidewalk, I stomped on it. Does that make me as bad as a deer poacher? Thats what I thought.


YES they do
YES I would sleep, the hook will eventually come out

And to just kill something to kill, makes you a piece of crap in my eyes
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:19 PM   #15
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----
 
Slippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lithopolis Ohio
Posts: 1,822
Slippy will become famous soon enough
Default

This is why many have elected to go for the head, though maybe gruesome, its probably the most humane cause with a turkey's head, its hit or miss and if you hit, they won't go far. Now if we were talking about head shooting deer, there would be an uproar for all you 'turkeys are just as vailable as deer tree huggers'. They are not, do we as hunters still have a morale obligation to take all animals as humanely as possible, yes.

Am I a piece of crap for stomping a bat that tried to attack me, I guess so as long as Bunny thinks so. Afterall, his opinion holds a lot of water.... Until you've been attacked by a rabid bat, keep your opinions to yourself city slicker.

As for the other guy threatening me to stay out of his woods. Please don't threaten me.
__________________
Prostaff of whatever DB uses.
Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #16
STRO
get'n rid of target panic
 
STRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 1,525
STRO is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
This is why many have elected to go for the head, though maybe gruesome, its probably the most humane cause with a turkey's head, its hit or miss and if you hit, they won't go far. Now if we were talking about head shooting deer, there would be an uproar for all you 'turkeys are just as vailable as deer tree huggers'. They are not, do we as hunters still have a morale obligation to take all animals as humanely as possible, yes.

Am I a piece of crap for stomping a bat that tried to attack me, I guess so as long as Bunny thinks so. Afterall, his opinion holds a lot of water.... Until you've been attacked by a rabid bat, keep your opinions to yourself city slicker.

As for the other guy threatening me to stay out of his woods. Please don't threaten me.

I didn't see a threat there. I just said to stay away from my woods
__________________
.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor
STRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #17
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----
 
Slippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lithopolis Ohio
Posts: 1,822
Slippy will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRO View Post
I didn't see a threat there. I just said to stay away from my woods
I don't think I am going to respond to this.

Psych!

I took it as a threat but in no way was I offended, so don't sweat it bud. No prob, just a little difference in opinions I guess.

But for clarity, you want me to stay out of your woods because I don't think a turkey is as valuable as a deer or because I stomped out a bat that tried to attack me? Just curious.
__________________
Prostaff of whatever DB uses.
Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #18
archer1983
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: McArthur, Ohio
Posts: 836
archer1983 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
This is why many have elected to go for the head, though maybe gruesome, its probably the most humane cause with a turkey's head, its hit or miss and if you hit, they won't go far. Now if we were talking about head shooting deer, there would be an uproar for all you 'turkeys are just as vailable as deer tree huggers'. They are not, do we as hunters still have a morale obligation to take all animals as humanely as possible, yes.

Dippy,
A turkeys kill zone happens to be the head. A deer has a different kill zone last time I checked. oh yeah how would you know that? You only bowhunt turkeys.


Am I a piece of crap for stomping a bat that tried to attack me, I guess so as long as Bunny thinks so. Afterall, his opinion holds a lot of water.... Until you've been attacked by a rabid bat, keep your opinions to yourself city slicker.

Dippy,
you didnt say that you were being attacked in your previous post.


see post below;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
Don't front.

And no, to answer the other guy, in general, not all animals hold the same value, not at all.

If you were fishing, and a big catch fish swallowed your hook on a catch and release lake, would you sleep that night? Thats what a I thought. Fish are animals too but people seem to forget that. Just this morning, I seen a live bat laying on the sidewalk, I stomped on it. Does that make me as bad as a deer poacher? Thats what I thought.


As for the other guy threatening me to stay out of his woods. Please don't threaten me.


Last edited by archer1983; 04-07-2008 at 02:18 PM.
archer1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:16 PM   #19
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----
 
Slippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lithopolis Ohio
Posts: 1,822
Slippy will become famous soon enough
Default

First off colleg boy, I've never hunted a turkey with a bow in my life. This year will be the first.

And, I didn't think the bat attacking me part was relevant, didn't want to make it seem like I was afraid or something.

Oh, and in Ohio, there is open season on groundhogs, no bag limit. Does that make a groundhog less important than a rabbit, it seems so?
__________________
Prostaff of whatever DB uses.
Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #20
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
First off colleg boy, I've never hunted a turkey with a bow in my life. This year will be the first.

And, I didn't think the bat attacking me part was relevant, didn't want to make it seem like I was afraid or something.

Oh, and in Ohio, there is open season on groundhogs, no bag limit. Does that make a groundhog less important than a rabbit, it seems so?

it means there are to many and the numbers need to be controlled
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #21
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----
 
Slippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lithopolis Ohio
Posts: 1,822
Slippy will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
it means there are to many and the numbers need to be controlled
...ahhhh.....straight from the mouth of our resident wildlife biologist...

I thought:

"killing just to kill something something would make you a piece of crap" hhhmmmm? Busted!

Thinking there are "too many" doesn't sound like a real good excuse Bunnster. I have too many Robins in my yard, but I can't go out and blast them.
__________________
Prostaff of whatever DB uses.
Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #22
archer1983
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: McArthur, Ohio
Posts: 836
archer1983 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
First off colleg boy, I've never hunted a turkey with a bow in my life. This year will be the first.
Maybe you should try it with a gun FIRST.
archer1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #23
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post


...ahhhh.....straight from the mouth of our resident wildlife biologist...

I thought:

"killing just to kill something something would make you a piece of crap" hhhmmmm? Busted!

Thinking there are "too many" doesn't sound like a real good excuse Bunnster. I have too many Robins in my yard, but I can't go out and blast them.
ITS CALLED CONTROLING NUMBERS, like they should have done, with your parents
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:49 PM   #24
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----
 
Slippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lithopolis Ohio
Posts: 1,822
Slippy will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
ITS CALLED CONTROLING NUMBERS, like they should have done, with your parents

You know how many damn bats there are in this world? I decided it had one too many, I did my part in controlling the numbers. Its that simple Chachi.

You don't like it when something you say can and will be used against you huh?

Do you even hunt? Or just act like it when 3-D season is slow?
__________________
Prostaff of whatever DB uses.
Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #25
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
You know how many damn bats there are in this world? I decided it had one too many, I did my part in controlling the numbers. Its that simple Chachi.

You don't like it when something you say can and will be used against you huh?

Do you even hunt? Or just act like it when 3-D season is slow?
Gods creatures are pretty and we should leave them be, UNLESS its to control numbers
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #26
archer1983
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: McArthur, Ohio
Posts: 836
archer1983 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
ITS CALLED CONTROLING NUMBERS, like they should have done, with your parents


Now that was funny...





So so true in this case...
archer1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #27
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----
 
Slippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lithopolis Ohio
Posts: 1,822
Slippy will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
Gods creatures are pretty and we should leave them be, UNLESS its to control numbers
That possum I drove 3 feet off the road for and into a ditch to hit Friday night, was just that, an act of population control.
__________________
Prostaff of whatever DB uses.

Last edited by Slippy; 04-07-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #28
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
That possum I drive 3 feet off the road for and into a ditch to hit Friday night, was just that, an act of population control.
just doing your part!!! NICE!!!

glad you see it my way.........
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #29
clemenlp
Diamond in the Rough
 
clemenlp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Urbana, Ohio
Posts: 453
clemenlp is on a distinguished road
Default

To actually give this man an answer and get BACK TO TOPIC, consider this. You have bow hunted for so many years and become fairly proficient at it, which in turn has built confidence in hunting/taking big game. Now, you have to start somewhere in building that confidence in hunting small game/turkey. If you buddy actually shoots it after you harvest it with an arrow you will always be left with the question of, did I sucessfully harvest that animal or was the finishing shot taken with the shotgun. Until you complete the entire act with the bow you will never have that confidence and will never actually know. If you feel you are ready to carry a bow on a turkey hunt you must first be ready to complete the entire harvest.

JMHO.
Clem
__________________
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.
Luckily our Service Men and Women don't have that problem.
clemenlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #30
SinGin
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,001
SinGin is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemenlp View Post
To actually give this man an answer and get BACK TO TOPIC, consider this. You have bow hunted for so many years and become fairly proficient at it, which in turn has built confidence in hunting/taking big game. Now, you have to start somewhere in building that confidence in hunting small game/turkey. If you buddy actually shoots it after you harvest it with an arrow you will always be left with the question of, did I sucessfully harvest that animal or was the finishing shot taken with the shotgun. Until you complete the entire act with the bow you will never have that confidence and will never actually know. If you feel you are ready to carry a bow on a turkey hunt you must first be ready to complete the entire harvest.

JMHO.
Clem
Well thanks alot Clemp, I pretty much had my mind made up until I read your post LOL. Your right I have to start somewhere. I'm probabaly one of the few people that values a turkey over a deer as dumb as it sounds. I would just hate to lose one after working so hard to get it in.
SinGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #31
STRO
get'n rid of target panic
 
STRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 1,525
STRO is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinGin View Post
Well thanks alot Clemp, I pretty much had my mind made up until I read your post LOL. Your right I have to start somewhere. I'm probabaly one of the few people that values a turkey over a deer as dumb as it sounds. I would just hate to lose one after working so hard to get it in.
I wish you the best of luck with the turkeys, just remember to aim small. They are very tough to get with a bow. I would highly recomend using a blind. I aplaud you for your ethics. You could hunt my woods anytime.
__________________
.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor
STRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #32
RxBowhunterKS
Paddle in water
 
RxBowhunterKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 252
RxBowhunterKS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRO View Post
I wish you the best of luck with the turkeys, just remember to aim small. They are very tough to get with a bow. I would highly recomend using a blind. I aplaud you for your ethics. You could hunt my woods anytime.
Good advice!

I wouldn't want to draw and aim at a turkey with the thought in the back of my mind that my buddy will put it down if it tries to run off. Just be confident and aim small. Remember that a turkey is a big black blob and every move it makes will change the aiming point. Learn to adjust your aiming point as the bird moves and only take quality shots. You'll get your bird.
__________________
Crackerized '09 Rytera Alien-X, Easton ACC 3-49's, Sword Twilight Hunter, NAP Hellrazer 100gr
Martin/Rytera Archery Pro Staff;Sword Acu-Site Shooting Staff
Mossy Oak Pro Staff; Paradigm Archery Staff; Vapor Trail Pro Staff
RxBowhunterKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #33
Slippy
Buckeyes #1 <----
 
Slippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lithopolis Ohio
Posts: 1,822
Slippy will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRO View Post
I wish you the best of luck with the turkeys, just remember to aim small. They are very tough to get with a bow. I would highly recomend using a blind. I aplaud you for your ethics. You could hunt my woods anytime.
Thank you!
__________________
Prostaff of whatever DB uses.
Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com