Default any bowtech????

Shooters around here.

Bowtech archery forums
http://www.ncarcheryshack.com
NCARCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 08:12 AM   #2
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

There's plenty of bowtech shooters around. Plus we are a bowtech dealer.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 11:09 AM   #3
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default There sure are

My buddy shoots a Bowtech Alligiance. Of course my XT arrows slams his Bowtech arrows Just kidding we pound on each others once in a while. Those Bowtechs are some fine shooting bows. to the forum.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
JBUTLER

JBUTLER is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Where's Glenny?

a.k.a Mulletboy
JBUTLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:01 PM   #5
DTP_HoytTec

DTP_HoytTec is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DTP_HoytTec
Default Bowtec

I dont know about them yet.

We have an allegiance or whatever in store and I have to say it's one of the hardest bows on your shoulder. they are built purely for speed and not comfort, not to mention they make a fair amount of noise. It's bad when a company has to put 7 Dampners (matthews) or about 6-7 limb/string silencers on a bow to quiet it down... it raises an eyebrow or two.

have a great day.
DTP_HoytTec
Hunting - HHA Optimizer rheostat
Fuse Tec. 4" Camo Stabilizer
Medium/Black Vapor Trail Strings & Cables
Beaver Balls
Bohning Lynx 4
Alpha Shox
CX 200 w/white dip & 4" NAP Quickspins
DTP_HoytTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:53 PM   #6
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Did you know that hoyt originally wen to spliyt limbs because they had so many comback broken in half that they had to use the returns somewhere.

I do have to say this, It is getting rediculous the number of dampeners that Mathews uses in there roller guard, I do see where the ld is going for next year, I think they may be able to fit 5 in there
Old 03-25-2006, 08:44 PM   #7
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default Whatever

You can say what ever you like about all those dampners they are putting on their bows but, Mathews sure does make a great line of bows.

"HONDA"
Old 03-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #8
DTP_HoytTec

DTP_HoytTec is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DTP_HoytTec

This is true, our shop has sold over 125 of them since the start of the new year.

and we're projected to be the top selling shop in the state. we cant keep them in store long enough. People have their names on a list, kind of funny.. its like a disease.

-shoot straight
DTP_HoytTec
Hunting - HHA Optimizer rheostat
Fuse Tec. 4" Camo Stabilizer
Medium/Black Vapor Trail Strings & Cables
Beaver Balls
Bohning Lynx 4
Alpha Shox
CX 200 w/white dip & 4" NAP Quickspins
DTP_HoytTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:11 AM   #9
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Default Disease or Addiction

I think of archery shooting as an addiction. You start out shooting with a few friends on the weekend. Then progress to shooting alone in your own house or garage. Then before you know it your shooting anytime you possible can with friends,strangers,enemies,or yes still alone also. The thing is with an addiction you do not want to quit, with a disease you want to get rid of it. So all I can say is "hello my name is Frank and I am an archery addict".

"HONDA"
Old 03-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #10
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

enemies???? shoot at, or with????

Why I did that very thing just a couple weeks ago.... shot w/ the enemy.
of course anyone w/a hoyt would be an enemy......

not really what I ment to say was anyone w/anything but a ,mathews.
Old 03-26-2006, 07:57 PM   #11
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Default So

Does this mean I am a friend since I shoot a Mathews even though it has a WB on it? And yes I agree if it is not a Mathews then its the enemy

"HONDA"
Old 03-26-2006, 07:57 PM   #12
pdq 5oh

pdq 5oh is on a distinguished road

I shoot BowTech bows. None of mine make a "fair amount of noise". They're all very quiet. Not to mention very accurate, with little or no vibration/recoil. To each his own, I guess.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #13
glenny

glenny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to glenny
Default Mullet boy has left the building.

I shoot Em"...
Got two 05' Constitutions.
One 06'OldGlory to replace the 05'.

When ya start to critisize is when you make your enemies.
A old indian saying.
Man who fights with own brother....
never win fight.
I don't see where the common sense is to catogorize yourself as a specific bow company shooter for life? Comes to be perticularly for myself to know that it is the shooter behind the machine that makes the thing fire?
I specifically do not have any authority to say that a Bowtech is gonna be the right bow for JR.you know who.,I do however feel that there are bows that I feel are Top of the line to choose from and that those derive from the experience that I have had shooting them certain manufactures.
Who knows which bow to shoot unless you do shoot them all?I DO KNOW THIS.
A hoyt with spiralcams might feel completely awesome to one shooter and the other may like the cam 1/2's,A bowtech shooter may feel that the smooth modules are better to shoot than the speed ones.Subtle things that make for instance a bow completely different in shooting capabilities or expectations.
I felt when purchasing the bowtech that my drawlength had to be accurate within the right cam selection.I was right,in order for me to shoot the binarys for the letoff/holding weight I wanted to acheive I selected a cam that was 1/4 larger in drawlength,they do see to run a tad longer in draw by 1/4 inch in some cases,but the bow seems to preform best at 75-80% letoff.I know that I would like it at 80 but seem to have to have a litte less for my personal liking.
The cables can be twisted,timing is easier with the new cams/marks and the stop can be adjusted to change the letoff/drawlength accordingly even to any slightest 1/32 of an inch.In otherwords the bow is simpy genius on that end of the spectrum.
I do know that with the two cam design that they are trying to acheive little or no nocktravel and makes alot of sense.
I do know that when shooting at long distances such as 80yards or at 20 yards with spots the Bowtechs can and will shoot just as well as any of the bows that are on the market to me.
They have some of the fastest bows as well,even for the ladies....and kids.That equalizer and allegiance are fast.......bows.

Last edited by glenny; 03-27-2006 at 10:18 AM.
glenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:34 PM   #14
BowtecH06

BowtecH06 is on a distinguished road

I believe the most important thing with any bow regardless of the brand is how well it fits the shooter. I now shoot an 06' Allegiance but have owned many bows including 3 Mathews (LX,Switchback,etc) and for me the Bowtech was the most comfortable. I usually can shoot from 10 down to 5 up on a regular basis and my buddy who shoots a Team Fitzgerald Buckmaster (about a 240 dollar bow depending on where it's purchased) will 9 times out of 10 shoot a better score than me! There are so many people worried about what you shoot and not how well you shoot it which is what is more important.
BowtecH06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:39 PM   #15
olman

olman is on a distinguished road
Default BOWTECH fan

at the risk of getting slamed around by the matthews guys I bought a used bowtech pro 40 an "04" model as my first ever bow. I like it, no I love it so far. I shoot indoor 5 spot at the range & in my basement. I'm going to try 3D soon and enjoy shooting with my 10 year old daughter and her matthews genisis. as soon as the $$$ is there I'm going to look for a bow for my wife, then we'll join a club and shoot as a family. I hear everyone talking about all the different bows and so far in this archery thing I don't hear about how much fun & time a family can spend together.
olman is offline   Reply With Quote