Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 09-24-2004, 03:23 PM   #1
glenny

glenny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to glenny
Default Tekan Expandables g5 legal or not?

I have contacted g5 company and asked if these broadheads are considered barbed.
They say there design is a passthrough design and retract to there original deployment placement and are legal in the state of Illinios until the DNR gives them a official statement by law otherwise.
I contacted Greg Hunter sargeant captian for this region,he is suppose to call me back with the information from springfeild today.
As I have talked to other officials,they think that this broadhead by their opinion is considered barbed.
One said he would give out the ticket.
This is insanity because of the thousands of these that have been sold by gander mountain,cabelas,proshops everywhere and thousands that will be shot by hunters who are ethical like you and me will be considered to be poaching and unlawful archers..

I just got off the phone with springfeild right now,and it is up to the g5 corporation to give the DNR the information on the way this broadhead is deployed and retracted and designed,then it won't be considered barbed otherwise as of right now,everyone who owns these and shoots these will be considered a poacher.
I just talked to g5 company and gave them the information,and it is up to them to clear this up with the d.n.r.
Why do I have to do everyones job?
I have done my part to say the least.....
glenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 06:58 PM   #2
glenny

glenny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to glenny
Default Greg Hunter called

He is the captian sargeant for te DNR in this region.He said he is going to experiment and evaluate the tekan expandable this weekend.His opinion is that the way he sees them they should be illegal from his opinion.He says he will know better once he gets one in hand.
If they do what they claim he will give Jennifer Henry a call and try and get them okayed monday.He then will notify me and let me know te outcome.

Last edited by Chris; 09-25-2004 at 09:52 AM.
glenny is offline   Reply With Quote