Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 04-02-2006, 09:42 AM   #1
Shooter1234

Shooter1234 is on a distinguished road
Default To hell in a hand basket

Anyone else run across this
http://www.feralcathunt.com
It has people hunting cats.
This is just going to give us a bad name.
Shooter1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #2
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road
Angry

This is the stuff the ANTI-sportsmen live for. It's only a matter of time before this makes it to the mainstream and then all it is is more ammo to misinform the uninformed.

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #3
jwc84

jwc84 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jwc84 Send a message via Yahoo to jwc84

yeah no kidding it is going to give us a bad name. this stuff is what makes people hate us with a passion or just even hate the idea even more then before. i just want to know who started this group?

support our troops
jwc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #4
deerkiller

deerkiller is on a distinguished road

This was really a big deal in WI this last year at the DNR meetings. They made a big scene about making it legal when the best thing to do was to not say a word about it and let people do it!! We all have but we don't say anything about it!!!!
deerkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #5
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Only good cats a dead cat. Those are wild untamed little bastards that have no regard for anything but them selves I say to hell w/ making it legal, just shootum and keep your mouth shut. Besides I know where you can get rid of the body's.......

Does anyone now a number for a good chinese restarante.....

Would be interesting to find out if there are any Ming Moons in that area of the country....

and just for those of you who will take the last part the wrong way, Ming Moon is the most common name for Chinese establishments in this area
Old 04-02-2006, 10:40 PM   #6
Shaman

Shaman is on a distinguished road

Feral Cats are not a part of the ecosystem.
Do a google for feral cat ecological damage and see what you find.

We are not talking cute house trained tabbies, we are talking miniture versions of BIG CATS. Just as ferocious and just as hard on the environment.
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #7
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

300 ultra mag, no need to pick anything up that way....
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:59 AM   #8
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default Dead Cats=good Cats

I personally do not own any cats but, my neihbors have several. I believe they should be treated just like my dogs have to be. Put them on a leash or keep them in the house!!!!!! My cars are constantly being walked on and scratched up by them. They drive my dog (who is on a chain) absolutely crazy. I have shot them before which is better than my other neihbor who traps them and then hauls them out to the mines and turns them loose. I think cat owners are very unresponsible individuals around here. As for giving us a bad name all I can say is use better broadheads and get rid of the bodies. Just my personal opinion.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:05 AM   #9
deerkiller

Them little bastards are fast and mean!!!!!! HAHAHA, I went rabbit hunting once and almost got mauled by a cat!!!! Jumpedut of the brush pile and ran right at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't get me though! I DIDN'T miss!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 05:25 PM   #10
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road
no argument here. varmints are varmints, and should be dealt with accordingly. but the bleeding hearts just see us rednecks shooting poor little kitties.

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #11
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

for everyone of them that complaines we should send one in an unmarked package to there home and let them open the cute little cuddly package on christmas morning!!!!!! can you imagine the look on there face wen grand daddy brings out the .22 and starts shooting up the joint trying to shoot the little bastards.

Bullspotter now that is funny!!!! We once had a cat problem on the farm were I lived and let me tell you at about 25 yds you can actually get the head of one of those little bastards to split in two right down the middle w/a .223 pointed soft point and let me tell you when it hits them it is painless for everyone!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:14 PM   #12
deerkiller

cry babies!!!!!!!!!!My wife doesn't hunt and hates even lookin at pictures of my animals!! She would die if she new some of the things i have shot!!!! Now she doesn't ask and i don't tell!!!!! But i gotta love her, her family has lots of hunting land
Old 04-03-2006, 10:11 PM   #13
bullspotter

lol Few of my freinds and myself went out to a local rancher thats got alot of prairy dogs, took the 223 out for a day of shooting, had the 270 along, wanted 2 put a few though it just to check it, hunting season was close, Was a super nice sunny day and the dogs were out in force. we were out for about 2 hours and the rancher showed up, told use about the cat problem, now this is open feilds and grass land, no houses for 2 or 3 miles, i was like what are you talking about, havent seen a single cat, so he asked to use my 223, so i loaded and handed it to him, he walked about 30 yards into the tall grass and started stoping an making ruckus, bout 20 of those little suckers ran out, i couldnt beleive it, man he opend up on them, then yelled at us to start shooting, I still couldnt beleave it, i just kinda stood their.... he shot all 5 rounds out of that 223 in about 3 seconds. then he came back to the truck, their was 1 cat out about 130 yards or so, kinda searching around, will i already had it out so i leaned out over the hood with the ol weatherby 270 and touched off, 130 gr ballistic tip made one pretty good thump when it hit. just saw chunks fly oll over, Not sure why this is, but we all just burst out laughing, must be a guy thing... lol I must admit it was a odd fealing shooting it, I didnt know then what i know now, but it was odd at the time.....
Old 04-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #14
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

The only part of that story I would not tell around some places is the part about a loaded weapon on the hood of the car, other than that it was good, funny.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #15
bullspotter

No problems with shooting over the hoods, was privet land, didnt shoot from or across a road, was not hunting, no issues here about that.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:51 PM   #16
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Here it would be the same as shooting from inside the car. So I just thought everywhere was like that.....

Where you from maybe I can sell my invention there?????

The half open window rifle mount.........for everything up to and including .300 ultramag (ill use Window Savers kinda like a Limb Saver but different )