Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 04-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
MCOrlando
Banned

MCOrlando is on a distinguished road
Default Viper Predator Quick Set

Does anyone have this sight? I need a new sight and my local pro shop has these on order and recommends it. I've read great comments about Vipers on this and other forums, but this seems to be a very new model. It's in their catalog but not on their website. I can't seem to find any for sale on the web, although Cabela's has it in their product information section.

I'm looking for comments from someone who might have one.

Thanks.
MCOrlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #2
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are referring to the Predator Micro Tune. We have these on order and are waiting for them to come in. They have been on order since January. I hear about 3 more weeks before they start shipping.
Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
General Archery Forum - Click for larger version   General Archery Forum - Click for larger version   General Archery Forum - Click for larger version  
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:37 PM   #3
MoBowman

MoBowman is on a distinguished road

Don't have the Micro Tune but I do have the Pro Predator (bought it here from 3d.com) and just love it. Several of my friends have also bought the same sight and I here nothing but good things about it. Don't know if it is the sight or I'am just getting to be a better shooter, but my 3d scores have gone up an avarage of 35-40 points this season. That 7 1/4" fiber optics sure lightens up those pins. Go get you one

MoBowman ```---------->
MoBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #4
MCOrlando
Banned

That's a nice one Chris, but that's not it. I'm too new to the sport to know the right terms, but The Quick Set has the lever type adjustment, if that makes sense. The really nice thing though is that the fiber is now looped and enclosed for protection. Instead of running all the way back down the frame, it loops 90 degrees and goes back to the front. Take a look at Cabela's product information page for a picture, although they don't show them on their catalog pages for sale.

I'm told the Quick Set is $119. How much is the micro tune?
Old 04-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #5
MCOrlando
Banned

This is copied from the Cabela's information page.

The Predator Quick Set is an incredibly bright fiber-optic sight with an extra 2'' of smooth vertical adjustments to increase your effective range. Delrin bushings and washers and a double locking system ensure smooth and secure adjustments. Four steel sight pins with 7-1/2'' of straight fiber optics for unbelievable brightness. Durable, lightweight CNC-machined-aluminum construction. Round housing allows quick peep alignment. Separate windage and elevation for precise leveling. Oversized level. Realtree Hardwoods®.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:22 AM   #6
MoBowman

MoBowman is on a distinguished road

This is the Pro Predator, retails for $119 without the lense but can be bought for $99.

General Archery Forum

MoBowman ```----------->
MoBowman is offline   Reply With Quote