Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 04-14-2006, 07:52 PM   #1
brainpower1

brainpower1 is on a distinguished road
Default Oh my Gawd, the Bashing on Archerytalk

Have any of you been on AT lately. There is nothing but bashing on that site. You have to read 10 threads to find anything of value.

The constant bickering makes me sick. This place is like a breath of fresh air.
brainpower1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
JBUTLER

JBUTLER is on a distinguished road

I'll 2nd that!
JBUTLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:06 AM   #3
MoBowman

MoBowman is on a distinguished road

AT has really been going thru some growing pains lately. Hopefully they will get a hold of things soon, before it ruins the whole site. Believe me when I say, that as big as they are, it is not an easy job keeping up with everything that is going on. They probably need to add more staff members, but it's important to get the right folks, to continue to keep it fun without any heavy moderating.

On the other hand, there are probably some that are there just to stir things up. Martin Archery has done an awesome job with that site and I'am sure that things will settle down pretty shortly.

MoBowman ```--------->
MoBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 07:26 PM   #4
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

The only thing i go over there for is the classifieds, get some real good deals on used stuff. other than that not much else worth looking at......This however is the place to be I think. I just hope that this place does not turn into that, and I think Chris has that part just about covered. Keep up the good work guys......

Dream Job.....Moderator on 3-D shoots.....now that would be awsome.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:40 PM   #5
two_shoes
YOU! Get in my belly!

two_shoes is on a distinguished road
Talking Actually.......

I was lucky enough to get some good info on string waxing. Of course I didn't mention my new Bowtech!!!!!!
'06 Mathews Apex 7
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
-Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10
two_shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 10:04 PM   #6
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Ah.. yes with a site that size moderators are absolutely necessary. However, good moderators are hard to come by.

Dreamjob, I don't know about that, but it is fun.

I have goals and aspirations for this site. I love hearing everyones ideas on how we can improve. Some ideas I take and some I leave but I listen to them all.

I try to give everyone want they want and that is a good site to visit, share experiences and hopefully learn some things about our great sport of archery.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:08 AM   #7
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default AT is losing it

MoBowman, excellent post my friend. I agree that they do want to bash alot over there but, I have found some good reading over there as well. I also like it here much better I told a friend of mine about this place and he said we we too slow and not enough members hitting the site daily. I said thats one thing that is nice you do not have all the trouble makers over here as on AT. I would like to see us grow but not with members with bad attitudes. I think Chris does a fine job here and I would like to thank him for his hard work. As for Adam being a Mod. only if he wises up and puts a WB on his SB and hunts with it. J/K Thanks again to everyone for making this site so good.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:04 AM   #8
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

The nice thing is we are growing daily and traffic is increasing. It is exponential so the more we grow, the faster we grow.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:46 AM   #9
Pinwheel1969
#1 THREAD KILLER

Pinwheel1969 is on a distinguished road
Default Oh my Gawed, The bashing on Archerytalk

Yeah Its been getting worse lately. It seems with competition of bows getting closer to each other with specs. is rising tempers in the crowed. Have noticed an over populated posts of Bowtech haters out there. There are alot of pure believers in there bows manufacturers. And everything else is junk. I got into a few heated battles a few months ago about a topic as such. A few guys tried to say Mathews was the best. And another said Hoyt. I asked what makes them better than the rest. They said "because they are." So you have no proof ? Then they came back to say. look how many tourneys they won. Then I laughed. If bows were that far aprt in quality. You wouldnt see pro's jumping from manufaturer to the other. The bows are part of the equation. But the shooter is the big part.
I shoot competative archery. I have shot all brands. None actually make me shoot better. Some feel better. but, I couldnt pick up a bow set it up and shoot a perfect score on the 3d range. Nor, could I shoot 20 rounds of spots w/ 60X. That started a war. LOL!!!!
I dont post much there any more!!! you cant give any help to someone with out roid rage coming out from another person!!
I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
RANGER BOW STRINGS
Pinwheel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:20 PM   #10
Chris
Administrator

It's not the bow, its the archer. You can give a pro a 15yr old piece of crap bow and he still going to beat you on a 3D course.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:31 PM   #11
Pinwheel1969
#1 THREAD KILLER

Pinwheel1969 is on a distinguished road
Default Oh my Gawed, The bashing on Archerytalk

you got that right chris!!!!
some people will never learn!!!
I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
RANGER BOW STRINGS
Pinwheel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:20 PM   #12
glenny

glenny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to glenny
Default You realized that? huh.

I haven't seen any bashing,slamming,ridiculing,nocking,mocking,taunti ng,deriding,beligerent,hostile or provocative actions on there at all....
glenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #13
Allen

Allen is on a distinguished road

Everyone is 100% correct. AT currently has a lot of posting that I'm not interested in reading. While you can get an answer to nearly any archery question, unfortunately, there is a lot of bad information.

Fortunately, there is still the search feature. If you want information, you can get it from some of the top archers in the sport. The information may be a couple of years old, but it is mostly still valid.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:45 AM   #14
two_shoes
YOU! Get in my belly!

two_shoes is on a distinguished road
Default No good info on AT???

Hey guys,

Look at the info I got. I even said I have a Bowtech. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=317213 Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic site (3Dshoots) and I have gotten fantastic info here too. There is alot of brand die-hards but I stay away from that... you can usually see it coming too.
Thanks to everyone in the archery community that is willing to share and help!

-Judson (aka Two_shoes)
'06 Mathews Apex 7
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
-Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10
two_shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #15
Chris
Administrator

I don't understand the bow bashing. The "my bow is better than your bow". I'll believe this the first time I see a bow walk up to the stake, load and arrow and shoot by itself!

It's the shooter people, not the bow. Let's take an average archer and hand them a perfectly setup "high end bow" (no names here). Then give a pro archer a 15 yr old piece of crap with a few pins on it. Let the competition begin.

I'll place my money on the pro all day every day.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:42 AM   #16
AZarcher

AZarcher is on a distinguished road

Interesting???
Bow bashing over there, Forum bashing over here.
My forum is better than your forum, see the irony.
There are good eggs and bad eggs where ever you go, if AT isn't such a good place why is everyone trying to copy there success. look I get just as irrated by some of the yahoos over there but guess what people are people and when people get together they are going to irrate one another sooner or later think about the last time you had to spend a whole day with your family or even better your inlaws. lol
love the sight but it is a little slow for anyone with a 4 grade reading level or better.
AZarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:45 AM   #17
MoBowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZarcher
Interesting???
Bow bashing over there, Forum bashing over here.
sight but it is a little slow for anyone with a 4 grade reading level or better.
Well AZarcher, I don't think I have read anyone really doing any forum bashing on this thread, until I read your last comment. All I have seen is general conversation about another site. But I don't think anyone has really bashed AT. I'am trying to figure where your remarks are coming from.

MoBowman ```--------->
Old 04-20-2006, 05:20 PM   #18
j3dGuam

j3dGuam is on a distinguished road

Way too much ego being thrown around AT latedly, I try to avoid being sucked into debates on which brand is "really better" or how many years of experience this guy has over the next guy. I appreciate all the great info that the site has as well as all other forums I visit.
j3dGuam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:23 PM   #19
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default 2 AZarcher

Wey 2 go on your 1st coople of post's, know we hav the reeding, riting and arithmatic, skills of a 10 yr. old. thanx budddy, we appreciate all them kinde wurds
Old 04-21-2006, 07:37 PM   #20
NE1C_my_arrow

NE1C_my_arrow is on a distinguished road

I know this is only my second post, and coming from a newbie as well I'm going to apologize in advance for my long windedness...

I'm a memeber over at AT as well as here, and a new member at that.. I've only been over there a few days and I've seen all the M4L talk that goes on. While I'm new to these two forums in particular (here and AT), I'm not new to forums in general. There are certain things that you have to understand when going into a forum.. Any forum for that matter, whether it be about bows, cars, guitars or (insert your favorite whatever here) there are always going to be people that don't like what that forum is about or even the fact that they aren't in the "clique". And believe me, at ANY forum on the net there is always a "clique". Not saying this in a derogatory manner, I'm just saying that there is always a core membership that carry more weight or more influence and it's usually the guys/gals that have been there the longest, have the coolest stuff, or might be better or more respected, etc... Anyway, my take on forums in general is this:

#1: Forums are created to bring like minded people together. In the case of AT (from what I've gathered anyway), Martin bows is the owner and/or operator of the forum. While they promote "Archers helping Archers" and I wholeheartedly agree they are doing this, you have to understand that because it's a "corporate" sponsored website that there is going to be an undercurrent of Martin influence there. No way of getting around it. From what I've seen in my short time there, they do not bash any other bow makers but you have to understand that it's Martin's playhouse so it's to be expected that the guys shooting Martins are going to be a little more outspoken about their bow of choice in their own backyard.

#2: As was said earlier in the thread, there will always be that small section of the population that are there just to start trouble. The correct internet/forum term for these people are "Trolls". Such as the fellow that was PM'ing all the M4L folks and talking smack under an assumed username (if anyone was aware of that). Why do these people do this?? Who knows but it's a fact of life at nearly every larger forum I've even been to.

#3: Forum size has alot to do with it.. Also, as was stated earlier.. AT is a honkin' HUGE forum and with that many people there are bound to be problems. From what I've seen so far, AT is handled in a very commendable manner by the Admins, Mods, and whomever else is in charge of that place. Dealing with that many people on a daily basis is a headache that I'd glady decline to have to mess with.

Anyway, I'll cut it off there.. Sorry for the long winded post but the way I see it is like this. You have to choice to either look at a thread, or pass it by. If you choose to look, and you don't agree with what's going on.. You then have the choice to voice your opinion or stay out of it. I've learned form past experiences, that if you're not being called out directly it's better to just keep your mouth shut.

So basically, in closing what all this mumbo-jumbo I'm trying to say is this. If these guys want to be M4L, then let them be.. After all, it is Martin's site and do you really think than anyone is going to be able to go in there and convince the powers that be that their non-Martin bow is better than theirs? Highly doubtful. Just take that site for what it is, gain whatever knowledge you can while your there and have fun. No need to stress over the bashing and whatnot, it's really not that important in the grand scheme of things.

With that, I'll shut up now and leave you guys alone for a while..
Old 04-21-2006, 08:34 PM   #21
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default Nice Post NE1C_my_arrow

I go to AT and read what I think will help me out. All the other trash I try to stay clear of. Keep up the good posts guys. AZarcher I see no bashing of AT here just the plain truth. Most of us think AT is an awesome site but, I do not like wading through the trash sometimes. But will continue to surf the pages of AT.

"HONDA"
Old 04-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #22
bullspotter

bullspotter is on a distinguished road

Ok here we go, whats up with the talk about it the archer not the bow, People say a pro will bet you with a 15 year old bow, The key word here is a PRO, At what piont in the sport of archey do you turn into a pro???????? I see post after post stating that some ones score went up a few points in this and that when they got their new trykon, or bowteck or mathews, or new fancy arrows or whatever........ how can this be? if its the archer and not the bow?????? Ive seen posts from people yaking about oh its all in the archer and not the equipment, then 20 min later i read a post from the same guy, saying he sold a hoyt shooter a new mathews and man his 300 score went from 260 to 292. how can this be if its the archer and not the bow, so what you guys are saying here is that my new trykon can be out performed by my 15 year old pse pulsar....... maybe a PRO could outshoot me with it, but i couldnt shoot it as good as my new one..... but opps im not a pro.... If this is the case, and the PROS can shoot old technoligy as good as the new, why the heck are they spending all the $$ on the new high end stuff, why in the heck would any archer do it for that mater??? if the old bows from 15 years back are as good, dang can get a good used bow from a pawn shop for 65 bucks, why go spend $700+ if your not gaining anything...... things that make you go hummm.......
bullspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:28 PM   #23
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Default my .02

I think equipment can help a fella get a little better. But do not think it will make a great deal of difference. As for the pros and what they shoot. They are sponsored by the company they shoot for why would they shoot a 10 or 15 year old bow and not show what the new bows can do. My question is do the pro's buy their own equipment at all? Or do they get most of it just for shooting for the company? JMO

"HONDA"
Old 04-23-2006, 07:56 PM   #24
Chris
Administrator

I do feel a good modern bow will make the average shooter more accurate. However, it will not take the average guy and turn them instantly into a 60X 300 shooter.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:26 PM   #25
NE1C_my_arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I do feel a good modern bow will make the average shooter more accurate. However, it will not take the average guy and turn them instantly into a 60X 300 shooter.
Amen to that.. If you have a bow that shoots 305 FPS but can't judge yardage... It just means you miss faster.. LOL
Old 04-23-2006, 08:34 PM   #26
bullspotter

no it dosent, if your bow shoots 305 and you miss judge a 30 yard target by 2 or 3 yards, youl still hit foam pry, if your bow shoots 260, well your going to miss by more.......
Old 04-23-2006, 09:51 PM   #27
NE1C_my_arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullspotter
no it dosent, if your bow shoots 305 and you miss judge a 30 yard target by 2 or 3 yards, youl still hit foam pry, if your bow shoots 260, well your going to miss by more.......
I'm sorry man, that was a poor attempt at humor on my part..

My opinion on the idea is that better equipment will make you shoot better.. and I agree, a faster bow is more forgiving to shoddy yardage judging but just because you have a bow that shoots mach 2 with it's hair on fire (any brand) doesn't mean your guaranteed a win and just because you shoot a 1974 Bear bow doesn't mean you're going to get your hat handed to you. Equipment plays a PART, but the shooter has to do his PART too.. Just my .02 cents worth.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:56 PM   #28
MoBowman

It may be the bow will help the shooter some, but the biggest thing that a new bow does for a shooter is boost their confidence. And a more confident shooter will shoot better. This in most cases makes the shooter really think that the bow is that much better.

MoBowman ```----------->
Old 04-23-2006, 11:18 PM   #29
bullspotter

Mobowman i see your point...... Ok lets poll this and see what everyone votes as a average archer, lets base it on a 300 round, 60 arrows at 20 yards..... Bowhunter class, pins on the sight, 12inch or shorter stab, 65 # or over for draw weight. stuff we hunt with. I would say that the average archer in this setup here would score about 255 pry with 10 15 xs.... just a guess from what ive seen on leuge nights and indoor shoots. This is the average shooter here, not the guy that shoots year around 3 times a week.... Now based on that, what would a expearenced archer shoot? 295+ 40+ xs? this is the guy who shoots 3 times a week all year around, i shoot with alot of guys who shoot that much, cause i shoot that much, but i shoot a hunting set up, Shot alot of 300s with best x count was 49. now with that im in the top 15 with the target guys shooting scopes 55 lbs, and fatty line bustin arrows. then theirs the guys that rock off a 300 59 60 x almost every night. I really dont care if i beat them or not, all i want to do is be able to punch a good hole in a critter next season, thats why i do it, but the compeditive side of me wants to know where i rank in the sceem of things, i know having the best stuff will not make you a winner by itself, but it dosent hurt... can we all admit to that?? not tryin to bust anyones chops here, just looking for some awnsers about equipment!!
Old 04-24-2006, 07:46 PM   #30
j3dGuam

j3dGuam is on a distinguished road

In my club I am beating guys that have faster bows than I do ( I have a vtec clocking about 275 fps) but I am still getting beat by a guy that shoots a Reflex Caribou with fingers because he can judge distance better than I can.
j3dGuam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:15 PM   #31
NE1C_my_arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3dGuam
In my club I am beating guys that have faster bows than I do ( I have a vtec clocking about 275 fps) but I am still getting beat by a guy that shoots a Reflex Caribou with fingers because he can judge distance better than I can.
That's exactly my point... It doesn't matter what you're shooting, as long as you can tell how far away it is.

Use this as an example, give two guys the same bow/arrows/rests/release/etc... Take that part out of the equation, but one guy judges yardage by saying "Ah, it's about 35 yards" and is best guessing and the other guy says "It's 32.5 yards" and knows it.. Who do you think will come out ahead in that contest.. LOL!

I'm telling you.. Outdoors your biggest buddy is knowing your yardage.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:32 PM   #32
bullspotter

did some one say just because you have the top of the line or the fastest stuff you will always win?? all you guys are stating that the guys beating you are better archers, or can judge yardage better then you, im talking about shooters of the same level gaining some by having better equipment..... so what happens if 2 guys judge a target at 35 yards but its 40, one bow shoots 285 and the other shoots 250, whos going to get a better hit?? No duh the guy who can peg the yardage is going to hit better reguardless of how fast his stuff is thats not what im trying to get at here...... you all are comparing someone who is better all around vs someone not as good but with a faster bow, thats kind of a no brainer to me.....
Old 04-24-2006, 08:45 PM   #33
NE1C_my_arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullspotter
did some one say just because you have the top of the line or the fastest stuff you will always win?? all you guys are stating that the guys beating you are better archers, or can judge yardage better then you, im talking about shooters of the same level gaining some by having better equipment..... so what happens if 2 guys judge a target at 35 yards but its 40, one bow shoots 285 and the other shoots 250, whos going to get a better hit?? No duh the guy who can peg the yardage is going to hit better reguardless of how fast his stuff is thats not what im trying to get at here...... you all are comparing someone who is better all around vs someone not as good but with a faster bow, thats kind of a no brainer to me.....
You are absolutely correct.. No arguement there. The faster bow will help the inferior archer. Me being one of them..

But I believe in bettering myself first, and not relying on the bow to bail me out of a bad decision I just made. I think the initial jist of this thread was about how certain people feel that their particular brand of bow is better than someone elses. Pride in what you shoot is a great thing to have, but my feeling is that when it all comes down to it. The person releasing that arrow is the determining factor in how the shot comes out. The best/most expensive/fastest/prettiest bow in the world isn't going to make you a better archer.... Practice will.

Again, this is just my .02 cents and it ain't worth much.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:58 PM   #34
bullsaye

bullsaye is on a distinguished road
Default Archery Talk=Bash Fest

Yes, yes, and yes.
Y'all are 100% correct.
I haven't posted anything there in months. It's become an outlet for a lot of unhappy, unfulfilled folks.
Moderators are non-existent, and forum members go for the throat of any newbie to the sport.
Very bad for archery in general.
IN MY HUMBLE OPINION
Happy to see this site is really growing.
Thanks!
Bullsaye
bullsaye is offline   Reply With Quote