Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 04-17-2006, 10:30 PM   #1
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute
Default We setup Tribute for a customer, wow it's fast.

We setup a Bowtech Tribute for a customer the other day. The bow was set at 29" with fast modules, 59.5" draw weight. It's a 70 turned down so a true 60# bow would be a touch faster.

The arrow is a typical hunting shaft. Axis 400 that weighed in at 401grains. The bow shot 272fps. I don't know about the bows you guys hunt with, but at 59.5# that is smokin fast.

After shooting through the chronograph, I was quickly calculating what that bow would shoot at my draw length and usual hunting draw weight.

Yes, I know the allegiance is about 10-12fps faster but I like the extra 1/2 brace height for hunting.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:37 PM   #2
MoBowman

MoBowman is on a distinguished road

Anything over 270 is fast in my opinion. I was at a Deermans 3D shoot a couple of weeks ago and a friend had his BlackKnight there, they put him on a chrono and at 68# with a 29" draw he was hitting 330 fps. Not sure of the arrow weight but at that speed it doesn't really matter. Obviouslly they put him in the speed class Blazing

MoBowman ```---------->
MoBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

I agree the BlackKnight is really fast. However, at that brace height any bow would be really fast. If I remember right it is like 5-3/4". Talk about a wrist slapper.

My opinion is that any hunting rig should be 7" at the minimum.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:56 AM   #4
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default Tribute

I agree the tribute is a very fast bow. It shoots great and is very accurate. I too like the extra BH most guys around here though are going with the alligience. If I were purchasing a Bowtech it would probably be the Tribute. Just on the feel in my hands.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:03 AM   #5
lungbuster

lungbuster is on a distinguished road
Default speed pro arrows

I shoot axis 400's with a 27.5 inch draw, 65# with a hoyt trykon, I shoot 265fps . I shoot some HHA speed pro arrows in my bow the other day and it shot 295 they added 30 fps thats alot.. I was at the pro shop and he wanted to see what type of difference they made in my bow, I'd never use those arrows myself I just feel that they would break way to easy.. But man there are fast..

HHA

mathews drop away rest

Victory V1

Shrewd stabilizer
lungbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:13 PM   #6
BowTech81

BowTech81 is on a distinguished road
Default Tribute

I love my Tribute, I am pulling 63 LBS, 28" draw with a 375 grain arrow. Getting 276fps out of it. That is with the smooth mods!!! Gonna try the speed ones to see how it feels!?!?!
S-coil
Tru-fire hurricane
Gold-tip XT Hunter
BowTech81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 03:55 AM   #7
ex-wolverine

ex-wolverine is on a distinguished road
Default What kind of speed would I get out of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTech81
I love my Tribute, I am pulling 63 LBS, 28" draw with a 375 grain arrow. Getting 276fps out of it. That is with the smooth mods!!! Gonna try the speed ones to see how it feels!?!?!
70# Tribute @ 28.5 inch draw with a 404 grain arrow??? I get 280 out of my Switchback now, Im just wondering if I were to purchase this bow would I be getting much more out of it...

Thanks

Tom
Mikes Custom Bow sling
ex-wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:04 AM   #8
zip4644

zip4644 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

29" 61lbs smooth mods peep and string loop 335 grain arrow 303fps fast and smooth.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:34 PM   #9
BowTech81

BowTech81 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-wolverine
70# Tribute @ 28.5 inch draw with a 404 grain arrow??? I get 280 out of my Switchback now, Im just wondering if I were to purchase this bow would I be getting much more out of it...

Thanks

Tom
When you say more you are talking speed correct? Assuming so, Yes, I could easily be pushing 300fps if I pulled 70lbs. I don't have any figures to tell you your exact speed, but I'll bet if you had the same setup in a tribute you would be close to the 300 mark, depending on the modules you select. Go to a dealer and try it out, get some numbers. Just remeber speed isn't everything(but it helps!!!).
S-coil
Tru-fire hurricane
Gold-tip XT Hunter
BowTech81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 04:32 PM   #10
ex-wolverine

ex-wolverine is on a distinguished road
Default Yes, I was wonder what kind of speed I would get

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTech81
When you say more you are talking speed correct? Assuming so, Yes, I could easily be pushing 300fps if I pulled 70lbs. I don't have any figures to tell you your exact speed, but I'll bet if you had the same setup in a tribute you would be close to the 300 mark, depending on the modules you select. Go to a dealer and try it out, get some numbers. Just remeber speed isn't everything(but it helps!!!).
I will check them out as soon as I can...Pretty impressive bow by the sounds of it

Thanks
Mikes Custom Bow sling
ex-wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:13 AM   #11
pdq 5oh

pdq 5oh is on a distinguished road

The speed of the Tribute and Allegiance isn't the only impressive thing about these bows. The lack of noise, lack of vibration/recoil, accuracy, module options, camo options, grip options are all impressive. BowTech also contribute a portion of each Tribute sold to a fund benefitting the families of US Soldiers.