Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 04-29-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
12ring4me

12ring4me is on a distinguished road
Default Finally got a hogg it!!!!

Hey guys,
Well after all of the talk and build up of the Spot Hogg Hogg It, I finally broke down and bought me one last Wednesday. I must say, everything that has been said about how great these sights are is no lie. I put it on my SB and with in 10 minutes I was shooting 1/2 inch groups at 15 yards, granted it is in my basement and that is as far as I can shoot. When I took the sight out of the box I just couldn't help but stare at the craftsmanship that went into this sight. By far the micro adjust on it is bar none, I really like how the adjustment on it has to be done with an allen wrench not a knob. I was amazed at how stiff the windage adjustment screw was, definitely no room for looseness or that little bit of free movement I have had in the past with other sights that have a knob for the gang windage adjustment. I see people on AT cringing at the thought of paying the kind of money you do for these sights, but like I always say, "you get what you pay for". I mean would you rather buy 2-3 sights and spend the same amount of money you would have to spend on a Hogg It, or buy one sight and be satisfied with it and never have to second guess yourself down the road if you made the right decision. Well I guess I will get off of my soapbox, I was just really impressed with every aspect of Spot Hogg and their products. Can't wait to get outside and get all of the pins sighted in.
Easton Fatboy 400 (344 grains- 260fps@58lbs)
Specialty Archery Superstix
NAP Drop way
Sims Vibration
Spot Hogg Sights

"A bad day of target shooting is still better than a good day of work".
12ring4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #2
Ralph Watson

Ralph Watson is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up crome Bowtech

I think you made a real good pick on your hogg it.Ihave had mine for about 4 mounths I love the thing.Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12ring4me
Hey guys,
Well after all of the talk and build up of the Spot Hogg Hogg It, I finally broke down and bought me one last Wednesday. I must say, everything that has been said about how great these sights are is no lie. I put it on my SB and with in 10 minutes I was shooting 1/2 inch groups at 15 yards, granted it is in my basement and that is as far as I can shoot. When I took the sight out of the box I just couldn't help but stare at the craftsmanship that went into this sight. By far the micro adjust on it is bar none, I really like how the adjustment on it has to be done with an allen wrench not a knob. I was amazed at how stiff the windage adjustment screw was, definitely no room for looseness or that little bit of free movement I have had in the past with other sights that have a knob for the gang windage adjustment. I see people on AT cringing at the thought of paying the kind of money you do for these sights, but like I always say, "you get what you pay for". I mean would you rather buy 2-3 sights and spend the same amount of money you would have to spend on a Hogg It, or buy one sight and be satisfied with it and never have to second guess yourself down the road if you made the right decision. Well I guess I will get off of my soapbox, I was just really impressed with every aspect of Spot Hogg and their products. Can't wait to get outside and get all of the pins sighted in.
Ralph Watson is offline   Reply With Quote