Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 05-20-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
bigHUN

bigHUN is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Bowtech buyers-lovers shall read this:

Until I am aviating here in Ontario for Bowtech warranty repair, you guys may entertain with my story:
I have purchased one new, called “New 05” Old Glory” enf of January 06. The taped box arrived with the note that the seller “Anderson’s Archery” was taking pictures of the bow!?
I had a hard time to set and fine tune the bow and very shortly I found out with help of the closest bow shop (Wolfsden) that Bowtech released a product without final inspection, the riser and the limbs are twisted and can not be fine-tuned.
Emailed to “Andersons-seller” and also to Bowtech Tech Support and they just forward me to my local Dealer “North Sylva Co”.
Bowtech sent out the RA# and I left my Old Glory at “North Sylva” 05.March.06.
My local dealer was frustrated why he have to take care of the warranty inspection and repair if I didn’t bought the bow from them (imagine, price difference of about $500 will make my kids happy as well). Finally they toke the bow for inspection and sent it back to Bowtech.
It have been two months already and no other answers “call next week”. Finally one of the Bowtech managers answered to my email that they have shipped out the parts for my bow!!! What parts? My bow shall be back to factory as “North Sylva” informed me earlier!
So, without pointing out my finger, look like somebody want to make me pissed?
Today 19.May.06. I got my bow back in last second before Office closing, “North Sylva” claiming that all the repairs (limbs and pockets) have been done by Bowtech!!! Paid $45 as my share for shipping cost!
Got home, first look, same new bow, but the twisted riser is also the same.
I can say firm that nobody toke care of my complain as warranty is promised, and I wouldn’t be surprised also if the bow was seating in Dealers warehouse all the time.
I am just wondering how some of YOU archery fellows would behave at the end of this case, after four month (since January, remember) without bow and without money? I read/heard also that this my case is not the only one…
Thanks all of you guys for spending time with this my little story. Perhaps some of you buy a Bowtech…so, have fun. Especially you in Ontario.
Cheers!
bigHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:20 AM   #2
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default Sorry to hear

I am sorry to hear of your problems with your bow. But this is the type of post I believe we do not need on 3DSHOOTS. Sounds like AT bashing to me. I do not own a Bowtech so cannot speak of their Customer Service. But please I think this should be pulled from the forum. Sorry if you do not agree with me on this but I know one bad post can start a whole bunch of them. We want positive energy here not negative. If you have a problem with a bow just come on here and state your problems and not the bow company. We do not care who makes your bow, they all have problems I am sure and we do all feel sorry for you if you have a problem and it is not getting taken care of properly. So again we all feel for you my friend and I am sorry if you take this the wrong way but please refrain from bashing here. I hope your problem is taken care of soon and done right. Thank you for listening to me.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:51 AM   #3
bigHUN

Exclamation

OK, got a lesson. I am trying to state the problem I am experiencing to put a little lite in to some dark corners, and I do not want to harm any business. I have Bowtech for many years G3.2; Pro 30; 05 Old Glory and the new one). I believe that they try the best to get to the top. Unfortunatelly the case is getting typical, look at the american car industry in example. Make it rush and send/put them on the shelf quickly, and gimme-gimme a money. Don't worry for the errors now we gonna fix them later. I am a consumer, bought the bow in Januarry, report the problem immediatelly to Cust.Service, to my seller-shop. Several emails at that time with CC, problem is with the dealer-service chain. I dont want to make a fire, just want to make this 4 and a half month monkey business stop. I want that bow. I dont have problem to take it to parts and put it together, just gimme the parts at least. Overall, at the end, if some of you are sure not to go further with the thread disscussion, please remove all the posts.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:09 AM   #4
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

I am sorry for your problems and though I have never had a Bowtech or the type of problems you are having I can only imagine how hard it is to have a new bow and not be able to shoot it. I cant hardly look at my bow and not pick it up and shoot a couple arrows. I really don't think you are bashing Bowtech as much as I think you are just looking for a place to vent. I dont want to make any accusations but I would be more mad at the dealer than Bowtech. I firmly believe that if your dealer is proactive enough that problems will sort them selves out faster. I am sorry for your problems and By writing this I do not intend on making any one mad

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:53 AM   #5
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

In our issues in dealing with Bowtech, they have been very proactive in fixing warranty issues. In fact we have had very little warranty issues at all. The bows have been excellent. I know this doesn't solve your problem. In your situation, I would contact bowtech direct and find out what they found out with the bow.

You don't say how you know the riser is bent or twisted? Did it come this way from the factory? What kind of bow press does your shop use?

We use the sure-loc xpress because we feel it is the best and presses bows in the same manner as you pulling on the string. No pressure on the riser at all.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 03:34 PM   #6
dzingale

dzingale is on a distinguished road

Why you posting this on all sights?
http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=478
FBSA Member
dzingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #7
bigHUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzingale
Why you posting this on all sights?
lost so much time, need help of public opinion.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:27 AM   #8
Sportsman

Sportsman is on a distinguished road
Default Wow

I guess we are lucky to have a bow shop that will let you shoot the bows before you spend your hard earned $$. We are all adults here (at least the ones paying for the bows) and can decipher bad experiences with a dealer or manufacturer, from a poor quality company, so if it's the truth, I want to read it. As for the shop you bought it from, even if it came as junk they should have never sold it to you. You need a direct line to someone at bowtech. Sounds like someone just didn't do there job and got packed up and returned to you.
Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #9
3dhunter

3dhunter is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 3dhunter
Default Buying process...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Bowtech had to be bought instore only!
3dhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:35 PM   #10
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Bowtech's have to be purchased at an authorized dealer. They cannot be sold mail order unless you do not have a bowtech dealer in your area.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:08 PM   #11
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

You know funny someone should mention that this was being posted on all web sites. I was thinking when i first read the post that I had read it somewhere else a few months back, It got no where fast there. Not sure if it is the same but sure sounds similer, the other guy could not type in unbroken English either. And also could not get service.

Maybe this is an anything but Bowtech subject.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #12
BowTech81

BowTech81 is on a distinguished road

This sounds like a little AT overflow to me!!!
S-coil
Tru-fire hurricane
Gold-tip XT Hunter
BowTech81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:40 PM   #13
dzingale

It was posted on both sites at the same time by the same person.
FBSA Member
Old 05-23-2006, 07:58 AM   #14
ex-wolverine

ex-wolverine is on a distinguished road
Default This is between you the dealer and Bowtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Bowtech's have to be purchased at an authorized dealer. They cannot be sold mail order unless you do not have a bowtech dealer in your area.
We cant do anything about it ...I cant stand these type of posts...
Mikes Custom Bow sling
ex-wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 08:24 PM   #15
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

this type of stuff just gets everyone in an uproar w/eachother and is not needed. Allthough we have been pretty cool about the brand loyalty stuff lately.....
Old 05-26-2006, 06:55 PM   #16
pdq 5oh

pdq 5oh is on a distinguished road

bigHUN, please PM me the serial number on your bow. As well as the selling dealer. There should be an RA number from the first return. That number would be helpful, also. Is the riser bent to the extent it's visible with the naked eye? Or have you checked it with some measuring equipment. I'm on BowTech's staff, and may be able to help you with this. BowTech's desire has always been to correct any problems in a timely manner. I expect you're monitoring this thread, and would think an offer of help would be what you're hoping for.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:03 PM   #17
dzingale

PDQ, good job with A good solution. I hope everything gets solved.
FBSA Member
Old 05-26-2006, 10:18 PM   #18
travelr

travelr is on a distinguished road
Default Bowtech lovers-buyers

I'm both new to this forum and bowhunting, but I'm not new to hunting.
Re the initial thread, I don't know if it's an "AT", whatever that is, or not.
I do know I currently own a PSE (great product), and my next bow will be
a Bowtech (better product for me). In fact, I plan on purchasing my Bowtech in the next couple of months.
Again, addressing the initial post, I've noticed that all the new Bowtech bows I've looked at on Bowtech dealer's shelves have had a little card noting the
draw length, poundage, arrow speed, whether or not the bow was assembled for speed or smoothness, followed by the initials of the individual who assembled the bow! In lieu of this, I have no idea whether the bow purchased by the individual who started this thread, was new or used, let alone sold by a reputable dealer.
I do know that some "dealers" sell the Bowtech Diamond line, but not the flagship of Bowtech. I assume Bowtech doesn't mind this 'disconnect'. After all, it is THEIR business, and if they want Cabelas selling THEIR Diamond product line, so be it.
But what I don't understand, are all the posts by others who've attacked the initial poster, literally flamed his bottom by my standards, then, in their self-
righteousness, justified their ignorance, stupidity, and 'superiority'!
Right! Like I'm going to listen to any of these folks!
travelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:59 PM   #19
pdq 5oh

travelr, AT overflow refers to archerytalk. It's a website that's generally been unkind to BowTech. BowTech are now a sponsor of AT. If you haven't been there, there's much to open your eyes if you think this is bad (which IMO it isn't). This site has been very well kept on a much more pleasant level. Thanks Chris. Here's hoping that won't change.
BTW travelr.......
Old 05-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #20
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Heck of a first post, I think someone might be BACK..........
Old 06-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #21
bigHUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq 5oh
bigHUN,
Is the riser bent to the extent it's visible with the naked eye? Or have you checked it with some measuring equipment. I'm on BowTech's staff, and may be able to help you with this. BowTech's desire has always been to correct any problems in a timely manner. I expect you're monitoring this thread, and would think an offer of help would be what you're hoping for.
I was away for a week, just checking all the threads. Please give my a hi to attb0704@look.ca, sending you a *.pdf. Thanks in advance
Old 06-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #22
pdq 5oh

bigHun, I sent an email to the addy in your post.