Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 09-16-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
Buckwheat

Buckwheat is on a distinguished road
Default Team 4 anybody out there?

Just checking on my team 4 teammates. Have any of you started yet? Any good sightings or trailcam pic.s?
Buckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
jdawg240
BOWNUTS

jdawg240 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
Just checking on my team 4 teammates. Have any of you started yet? Any good sightings or trailcam pic.s?
No and No

Im seeing lots of doe's and young bucks but nothing BIG yet , It will be a great year either way!.

I'll be shooting a doe or 2 this weekend but it will be with a muzzleloader and wont count Our bow season opens in 2 weeks on the 1st
Old 09-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
swintj1

swintj1 is on a distinguished road

I've got a ton of does around my stand, and have seen a GREAT 8pt walking around the area, but haven't figured out where he goes. Every time I see him, he is walking on the road, but when he runs off, he always goes into the neighbors field and disappears. I set up my stand directly accross from the path I know it goes on in his field...so I'm hoping I can call it across the road and get it...but I haven't ever caught it on the game camera.

My neighbor baits all year round, so he literally has every buck in the whole area...we have had cameras up all year, all over, and we haven't caught one buck on camera...not one...I don't care if it is just a little spike...nothing. So, he has them all, but we're hoping that if they can survive until Mid-late October...maybe we'll be able to call one over the road and connect.

Then in mid-October, I'm going up to Northern MN, and hunting my uncle's land...and he has a few 6 and 8 points up there, so I can guarentee you that I get one of those guys.

So, I am confident I'll get 2 deer this year, but it might be one buck and one doe....we'll have to see. My shoulder got really screwed up, but it is good enough to get the deer in the freezer, but then I think it will be a while till I shoot again.

Good luck team!
2008 Mathews Apex 7
2007 Hoyt Vectrix
swintj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:51 AM   #4
Buckwheat

Buckwheat is on a distinguished road

I know the feeling guys. I've had my cameras out for about 3 weeks now and only does and fawns. Will be moveing cams. this week. I'm heading for bayfield county Wisconsin this November and I'm hopeing for a big-un'.
Buckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
jdawg240
BOWNUTS

Good news,,,just found out the early Doe season up here is open for bowhunting as well as gun. Well be hiting it Friday night with the bows now So I'll have a doe on the board by Saturday!
Old 09-18-2008, 06:43 AM   #6
ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 is on a distinguished road
Default Hey Guys

I been seeing a lot of bucks around early season. I have a couple sevens hanging around my main hunting area. All the deer have vanished in the past 2 weeks so I need to find out where they went to. Season starts Oct. 4th here in Vermont. Yeah sorry guys you got stuck with a Vermonter, but I should be able to put some points on the board anyways.
ridgewalker243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #7
CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter is on a distinguished road

Been seeing a couple of good bucks in my area and plenty of does. Can't wait until the 1st so I can start shooting. I got a new bow and I am itching to put a rage thru a critter with it. This area seems to be rally good for the Bucks in early season. 40 Acres of High grade alfalfa and back 40 is a Christmas tree farm.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
A.S.A. IL. State Director
CSS Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #8
jdawg240
BOWNUTS

Went out tonight to watch the main feild. Saw two bucks that will go 105 to 110. Saw another that will go 135ish. They were all feeding in dry beans with about 30 other deer. Several small bucks spotted as well. The old man missed a doe with the slug gun tonight. He pushed his affective range a little
Old 09-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #9
jdawg240
BOWNUTS

Took the first doe of the season last night. Had to advert to the muzzleloader though . The wind was wrong so we couldnt hunt any of our early season tree stands. made bowhunting difficult. Doesnt count for the contest but it counts for fresh backstraps!