Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 06-23-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default Bowtech vs Elite ruling

I just found this sounds like Elite may be in trouble or maybe not. I am not much into the legal talk.

The Court finds that the non competition clause contained in the 2001 employment agreement between Mr. Strother and Bowtech is not valid.
Defendants are permitted to market product produced from existing inventory, until August 31, 2006. After August 31, 2006, Defendants are enjoined from:

A binary cam that is the same in appearance to the Bowtech cam

A riser that is the same in appearance and color to the Bowtech

Bow strings with speed nocks

Any bow with a limb mounting angle that is within three degrees of the existing limb mounting angle of Bowtech bows.

I just received this ruling from Lyle C. Velure Circuit Court Judge. I hope this will put to rest any rumors that Elite Archery will be shutting the doors. I would like to say "Thank you " for your continued support.

Kate Strother
President
Elite Archery Inc

"HONDA"

Last edited by BowhuntnHoosier; 06-23-2006 at 10:31 PM.
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Posted by terrym on AT...
If you look in the manufacturers section you will see a post by the Elite CEO ( Kate ) that explains the court ruling that just came down. I'm no lawyer but the way I read it they can sell existing inventory but not produce any more as of September 06. The new products cannot resemble Bowtech binary cams, risers, colors or limb pocket angles at all. So basically they need a complete redesign except for the Barnsdale limbs as I see it. Its going to be tough for them to survive through the fall and winter if they don't have an entire new lineup with "new" designs already ready to go. I hope they can get past this, there needs to be more competition in this game and it looked like they actually had a better mousetrap there.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:36 PM   #3
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Posted by EliteArcheryCEO on AT...

The Court finds that the non competition clause contained in the 2001 employment agreement between Mr. Strother and Bowtech is not valid.
Defendants are permitted to market product produced from existing inventory, until August 31, 2006. After August 31, 2006, Defendants are enjoined from:

A binary cam that is the same in appearance to the Bowtech cam

A riser that is the same in appearance and color to the Bowtech

Bow strings with speed nocks

Any bow with a limb mounting angle that is within three degrees of the existing limb mounting angle of Bowtech bows.

I just received this ruling from Lyle C. Velure Circuit Court Judge. I hope this will put to rest any rumors that Elite Archery will be shutting the doors. I would like to say "Thank you " for your continued support. General Archery Forum

Kate Strother
President
Elite Archery Inc
This seems like a huge blow to Elite no matter how you spin it.

The Elite Rep was in my shop yesterday. He told me that he thought the ruling had already come down and everything was fine. I guess that was a half truth?

Last edited by Chris; 06-23-2006 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Please keep us informed Chris as you have been talking with Elite for a while now. I hope they can get something going soon.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:49 PM   #5
Chris
Administrator

I think this ruling just about kills them. Think about it. They can't produce any more of the current design and they can't ship the current design after 8/31. We all know they are way behind in producing bows, that has been all over AT. Many people wondering where there bows are.

What are the people going to do that have already paid for a bow?

Now they have to come up with a completely new bow by 9/1 and get it manufactured. Possible, yes. Will it be as revolutionary as the binary system, not likely.

If they come up with something close to a Bowtech, you know BT will have them back in court and Elite again stops operating while in court.

When lawyers are involved, it's the one with the biggest pocket book that almost always wins.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:01 PM   #6
Big Dawg

Big Dawg is on a distinguished road

I would say these people are smart enough that they knew this could be the decision and have been planning just incase. They had to know that a no compete clause could bite them.

I would guess they will come out with some new designs and still back the ones they've already sold, even if they have to replace a bow with a new model. They have to much invested to throw in the towell.
Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:36 AM   #7
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Designing a new bow

It will happen with Kevin. Guy knows how to design bows. Changing a few angles. Who knows what Kevin will come up with.

Lots of cams to choose from out there.

Lots of risor designs.

I do think and have heard they dont see this as a promblem.

Time will tell.
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:53 AM   #8
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

If they havent been planning for this then they are in trouble. I dont care how good of an engineer you are if you have to get something going fast and you have a deadline like they do mistakes are going to be made. Maybe not so much on the engineers side of things but on the corporate side. If the deadline is getting closer and all the bugs are not out of the prototypes I can almost bet they will push it into production. I am not saying this will happen they could be very much on the ball, but in the business I am in you see this sometimes. I hope they get everything squared away and become competitive, Cause they are trying to live the american dream(start your own company and be successful) I hope it all works out but if nothing was on the drawing board then I dont think they will make it I hope I'm wrong

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:37 PM   #9
Shaman

Shaman is on a distinguished road

This is interesting from an outsiders point of view.

Considering that there are only so many degrees of angle.
Are they saying that basically any new bow line has to be sufficiently different from an existing bow line? That seems a bit extreme, considering that I bet the Bowtech line is within 3 degrees of some other line that existed before it.
I bet this one gets appealed.

Colors are measured in shades, that is an easy work around.

Cam design... seems that cam design appear different with different cut outs and/or module designs.

Strings? oh well. Offer them as accessories and just not in the strings themselves on sale.

I'm on the edge of my seat to see how Elite works around the above.

Does not look like much more than what happened between PSE and Bowtech earlier. "Change your design a bit or pay royalties".
Bowtech spun their announcement to be just as positive sounding as well.
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:55 PM   #10
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

[/quote]The Elite Rep was in my shop yesterday. He told me that he thought the ruling had already come down and everything was fine. I guess that was a half truth?[/QUOTE]

Hope that is not how they do there regular day to day business....