Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 11-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
MagnifiedFur
Team 6

MagnifiedFur is on a distinguished road
Default WoW I Rattled in 3 tonight...

I went to my Hot spot...It has been pretty warm and I thought I would try to rattle and see what happened...Well I got set-up andf let the sun drop...Before I even hit the horns together I seen a young 8 point come out of a creek bed and up into the field about 200 yards away...I said well,Ill give the horns a try and see what happens...About 10 minutes later he was coming in on the trail i cut with the dozer...He came in to about 35 yards and hung out for a while...Had his tail sticking in the air and about half bent...He ended up going back the same way he came and walked back towards the creek bed...I noticed more movement to the north,yea there he was a nice 8 point with a nice kicker off of his right G-2...He was downwind of the smaller buck and went half way of the trail I cut,way to far for a shot...He followed him into the woods and about 5 minutes later I heard their horns crash together,it did not last long,about 2 good clashes and it was over...Well that got a different buck headed that direction,I heard him breaking limbs etc walking that way rather fast,I did not know how to get a look at this buck so I hit my horns together really hard and started making noise with my feet against the small brush...He turned and headed my way,he walked around the edge of the woods to my right as he had the wind in his face...I had some Tarsal gland out on the ground nearby ...I guess he was smelling it and it did not scare him off...Another 8 pops out of the woods to my right and about 60 yards south of me...He is pretty nice,he is the one I shot at when my rest was broke...

I never got a shot off tonight but man the 8 with the kicker was ticked off that another Buck was in his area...His hair was standing and his ears were back as he walked towards the smaller deer from the scent he left behind...It took about 20 minutes for this to unfold...

Tomorrow I am headed to his set of woods and I am taking some young buck urine with me...He was on a bead to that young buck...I tried to rattle him towards me but his nose was on the ground after the smaller buck...I am glad I got some action tonight,been a tuff week...It was very exciting to watch,I am glad I went tonight,,,I almost stayed home because of the heat...

Bow Bend'n & Bone Bag'n
team 6
1.MagnifiedFur
2.bamaboydave
3.red man
4.tnts79
5.bowcraze30
MagnifiedFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
beenfarr

beenfarr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnifiedFur View Post
I went to my Hot spot...It has been pretty warm and I thought I would try to rattle and see what happened...Well I got set-up andf let the sun drop...Before I even hit the horns together I seen a young 8 point come out of a creek bed and up into the field about 200 yards away...I said well,Ill give the horns a try and see what happens...About 10 minutes later he was coming in on the trail i cut with the dozer...He came in to about 35 yards and hung out for a while...Had his tail sticking in the air and about half bent...He ended up going back the same way he came and walked back towards the creek bed...I noticed more movement to the north,yea there he was a nice 8 point with a nice kicker off of his right G-2...He was downwind of the smaller buck and went half way of the trail I cut,way to far for a shot...He followed him into the woods and about 5 minutes later I heard their horns crash together,it did not last long,about 2 good clashes and it was over...Well that got a different buck headed that direction,I heard him breaking limbs etc walking that way rather fast,I did not know how to get a look at this buck so I hit my horns together really hard and started making noise with my feet against the small brush...He turned and headed my way,he walked around the edge of the woods to my right as he had the wind in his face...I had some Tarsal gland out on the ground nearby ...I guess he was smelling it and it did not scare him off...Another 8 pops out of the woods to my right and about 60 yards south of me...He is pretty nice,he is the one I shot at when my rest was broke...

I never got a shot off tonight but man the 8 with the kicker was ticked off that another Buck was in his area...His hair was standing and his ears were back as he walked towards the smaller deer from the scent he left behind...It took about 20 minutes for this to unfold...

Tomorrow I am headed to his set of woods and I am taking some young buck urine with me...He was on a bead to that young buck...I tried to rattle him towards me but his nose was on the ground after the smaller buck...I am glad I got some action tonight,been a tuff week...It was very exciting to watch,I am glad I went tonight,,,I almost stayed home because of the heat...
Good deal! I always feel like I'm doing more harm than good when I use rattles and calls.

Ben

FBSA Member
beenfarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:

What kind of reat was it that broke
btw sounds like you had some really good action tonight
I saw 3 does and head a fawn mewinf and had to let onw walk under me aftyer adrk he had me treed

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
MagnifiedFur
Team 6

I honestly was thinking the same thing...I did not think the small buck would come in...He went the long way and I figured he was gonna head the other way...When he came my way,I watched him the whole time...He hung out in shooting range but I did not want to pop him,we are a 1 Buck state...

What I am noticing in my area is the two other bucks are holding tight in their own territories watching their scrape lines...When the younger Buck got in the other Bucks territory , he got very upset very fast...He came in downwind and went after him,he never stopped to smell the roses or for anything else,he wanted to kick his young azz for getting on his turf...It was awesome to watch this unfold and how all 3 bucks acted...

I wonder why the young buck had his tail up and half bent? I have not seen that before...He dropped it and wagged it a few times but 90% of the time he was moving it stayed that way...

Bow Bend'n & Bone Bag'n
team 6
1.MagnifiedFur
2.bamaboydave
3.red man
4.tnts79
5.bowcraze30
Old 11-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #5
MagnifiedFur
Team 6

Smokes,I had a old WB that was stripped out and would not hold the biscuit in one place...It moved on every shot and I did not notice it until the moment of truth...
I got a new one with the square sides,its not the older round model...It can never move like the old one did...I like it alot better....WB's are a great hunting rest,I should have noticed it but I did'nt...

Bow Bend'n & Bone Bag'n
team 6
1.MagnifiedFur
2.bamaboydave
3.red man
4.tnts79
5.bowcraze30
Old 11-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #6
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Smokes,I had a old WB that was stripped out and would not hold the biscuit in one place...It moved on every shot and I did not notice it until the moment of truth...
I got a new one with the square sides,its not the older round model...It can never move like the old one did...I like it alot better....WB's are a great hunting rest,I should have noticed it but I did'nt...
Great
i hope you hammer one of those big guys,
how hard were you rattling

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Old 11-05-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
MagnifiedFur
Team 6

I tickled at first when I seen the small buck...Then a little harder...After big boy came in and left after the smaller buck...I went crazy and got really loud,i was hitting them backwards then turning them together and hitting them fast in short burst...Then the other deer committed and I stopped to listen to him,I tickled one more time when he stopped...Then he came in the rest of the way which was about 60 more yards...He ended up turning south and back towards his bedding area...I know where he beds but I am scared to bust him up trying to get in...Besides,I am after that nice 8 with the kicker,he is the dominant buck in the area...The deer I shot at and missed was ran out of the same group of woods...He has ran several out...At first I was wondering what was going on..Now I know he was claiming that area as his own as they were busting out of the bachelor groups...I was seeing younger bucks and the 8 i shot at come out of there for about 5 days...He is not showing up in daylight to often,I have seen him twice all year...I thought he got shot to be honest...Glad to know he is still alive...

Bow Bend'n & Bone Bag'n
team 6
1.MagnifiedFur
2.bamaboydave
3.red man
4.tnts79
5.bowcraze30
Old 11-05-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
Holy Smokes

Quote:
I tickled at first when I seen the small buck...Then a little harder...After big boy came in and left after the smaller buck...I went crazy and got really loud,i was hitting them backwards then turning them together and hitting them fast in short burst...Then the other deer committed and I stopped to listen to him,I tickled one more time when he stopped...Then he came in the rest of the way which was about 60 more yards...He ended up turning south and back towards his bedding area...I know where he beds but I am scared to bust him up trying to get in...Besides,I am after that nice 8 with the kicker,he is the dominant buck in the area...The deer I shot at and missed was ran out of the same group of woods...He has ran several out...At first I was wondering what was going on..Now I know he was claiming that area as his own as they were busting out of the bachelor groups...I was seeing younger bucks and the 8 i shot at come out of there for about 5 days...He is not showing up in daylight to often,I have seen him twice all year...I thought he got shot to be honest...Glad to know he is still alive...
I am satisfied that tha deer that came under me as I was getting ready to start my decent was a big buck
it was plum dark