Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 12-16-2008, 01:45 AM   #1
Tzap

Tzap is on a distinguished road
Default Start up questions

Hey everyone, how's it going. I recently decided to jump back into the archery scene but I haven't touched a bow in about 10 years and at that time i wasn't exactly very informed so either way I've got a couple of questions.

I got pretty lucky and ran into a good deal on a Hoyt pro elite so i jumped on that, but I don't know what to put on it.

I mostly want to shoot 3d and target tournaments.

The equipment I'm looking at right now is: spot hogg - hogg it 5 pin and a trophy taker pronghorn drop away

I have no idea where to start on the stabalizers , arrows, or a release. Could anyone point me in a good direction so i can check some out.
I plan on shooting it at around 56-58# and have a 28.5 dl.

Thanks
Tzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
AzRednekRabbit

AzRednekRabbit is on a distinguished road

I use a T.R.U. Ball wrist strap release and I love it. I've been shooting the same style release for years and it's all I'll use. Gold tip arrows are probably a little expensive for shooting targets but they are tough arrows so if you miss you might get away with them not breaking every time. Easton arrows are also pretty tough. I've hit rocks with them and just had to change the insert. As for a stabalizer, you gotta get what feels good to you. You want to hold your bow out with your holding arm and try different ones until it balances well. They also make adjustable ones for finer tuning.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
Looney Bin
At least I admit Im Crazy

Looney Bin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzap View Post
Hey everyone, how's it going. I recently decided to jump back into the archery scene but I haven't touched a bow in about 10 years and at that time i wasn't exactly very informed so either way I've got a couple of questions.

I got pretty lucky and ran into a good deal on a Hoyt pro elite so i jumped on that, but I don't know what to put on it.

I mostly want to shoot 3d and target tournaments.

The equipment I'm looking at right now is: spot hogg - hogg it 5 pin and a trophy taker pronghorn drop away

I have no idea where to start on the stabalizers , arrows, or a release. Could anyone point me in a good direction so i can check some out.
I plan on shooting it at around 56-58# and have a 28.5 dl.

Thanks
If I were you I would decide which class and style (3d or Target) you want to shoot first. The setups are going to vary upon what you are shooting.

Looney Bin is offline   Reply With Quote