Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 01-10-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shot the Xforce Omen

Ok, I shot it. Here's the report. I didn't get slapped by the string which was a concern.

They had a 30" and I shoot 29" so I thought it might whack me. It pulls harder than the regular Xforce but again I'm a 29 so it may have felt like more than it would be if it was the right draw.

Very little vibration on the shot, very quiet and of course very fast. If speed is your game, this is one to check out.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:40 PM   #2
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

and come JULY 15th 2009, you too can be the proud owner of one......
Old 01-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough

I thought it had the most awful draw of any bow I've ever had in my hands. It loads up like crazy in the last 2 or 3 inches. I was absolutely positive I had hit the wall and that there was no let off. The guy there said...keep pullin.... I did and it dumped into the valley like no other. I agree with Chris on the after shot stuff, not too bad. I would however rather shoot a 1978 PSE with 50% let-off....

I'm a 29" draw as well.

I'm sure a person would adapt to the cycle and get comfortable with it, but not sure it would be worth it when there are bows 110-15 fps slower with more brace height and much more ease of draw....
Old 01-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
I thought it had the most awful draw of any bow I've ever had in my hands. It loads up like crazy in the last 2 or 3 inches. I was absolutely positive I had hit the wall and that there was no let off. The guy there said...keep pullin.... I did and it dumped into the valley like no other. I agree with Chris on the after shot stuff, not too bad. I would however rather shoot a 1978 PSE with 50% let-off....

I'm a 29" draw as well.

I'm sure a person would adapt to the cycle and get comfortable with it, but not sure it would be worth it when there are bows 110-15 fps slower with more brace height and much more ease of draw....
110fps is alot.........I would figure that that much slower would be alot less force needed to draw......
Old 01-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

bullfiddle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
110fps is alot.........I would figure that that much slower would be alot less force needed to draw......
I think he meant 10 -15 fps
FBSA President and Founder
bullfiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:06 AM   #6
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
I think he meant 10 -15 fps
Yes, but it was still funny.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #7
L A Archery

L A Archery is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I'm a 29" draw as well.

The thing to remember about that bow is it was only brought out to take some of the Monster market and it should not have any trouble doing that because of the exposure at the ata show. It was made to get the same speed with 1/2" more brace height. Everything after the release goes off feels and sounds just like the other X-Forces.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
Shaman

Shaman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by L A Archery View Post
The thing to remember about that bow is it was only brought out to take some of the Monster market and it should not have any trouble doing that because of the exposure at the ata show. It was made to get the same speed with 1/2" more brace height.
I agree.
July 2009 release and only three DLs.
It was their 2010 release, but they launched it early to put force Mathews to retool their advertising, which is expensive.

From the other Manufacturer:
Quote:
Quote:
The fastest most efficient high let off cams you can buy based on the winningest cam design in history.

Fastest most efficient single cam and dual cam bows ever!
PSE:
"Omen is the fastest, most efficient bow ever produced."

Subtle difference in that PSE claims all bows and the other brand claims Single and Dual Cams, leaving out Hybrids/C1.5/etc.

Been interesting watching the tit-for-tat technology and advertising wars.
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
Looney Bin
At least I admit Im Crazy

Looney Bin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
I agree.
July 2009 release and only three DLs.
It was their 2010 release, but they launched it early to put force Mathews to retool their advertising, which is expensive.

From the other Manufacturer:

PSE:
"Omen is the fastest, most efficient bow ever produced."

Subtle difference in that PSE claims all bows and the other brand claims Single and Dual Cams, leaving out Hybrids/C1.5/etc.

Been interesting watching the tit-for-tat technology and advertising wars.
I think your right on some level. I also think Pete doesn't want to be out done. Releasing it at the ATA is just his style. I think its hard for some companies choke down the reality that Mathews entered the speed market.

As they say: "This means war"

At least thats what it looks like from the outside. For all I know Pete and Matt could be good friends.

Looney Bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #10
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney Bin View Post
I think your right on some level. I also think Pete doesn't want to be out done. Releasing it at the ATA is just his style. I think its hard for some companies choke down the reality that Mathews entered the speed market.

As they say: "This means war"

At least thats what it looks like from the outside..
I doubt it........even Pete says so......take a close look at the words in this AD.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sxoyro.jpg (38.6 KB, 1666 views)
Old 01-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

jcmorgan31 will become famous soon enoughjcmorgan31 will become famous soon enough

I could care less why they brought it out. It is a beast to draw and that is enough. Making the fastest piece of crap is still making a piece of crap. Archery is more like 2nd grade recess year after year.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
Paul S.
I do not follow!

Paul S. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
I doubt it........even Pete says so......take a close look at the words in this AD.......

That add is awesome.

3D for CP - www.archeryata.com/3dcp.html
Paul S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #13
millerarchery

millerarchery is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I could care less why they brought it out. It is a beast to draw and that is enough. Making the fastest piece of crap is still making a piece of crap. Archery is more like 2nd grade recess year after year.
I think if they had a 29" it would feel a lot better, everybody was saying it was so hard at the end, but i think that is cause 90% of the people that shot it are 28 - 29 " draws, drawing 1-2" to long makes anything feel bad.
I am not saying it is a real smooth draw, but for pulling an inch too long i didnt think it was that bad.
millerarchery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:27 PM   #14
Reed

Reed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerarchery View Post
I think if they had a 29" it would feel a lot better, everybody was saying it was so hard at the end, but i think that is cause 90% of the people that shot it are 28 - 29 " draws, drawing 1-2" to long makes anything feel bad.
I am not saying it is a real smooth draw, but for pulling an inch too long i didnt think it was that bad.
if it is anything like the DS GX that we have in the shop, they should have set it at 29, then it would have accually been 30
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:40 PM   #15
millerarchery

millerarchery is on a distinguished road

I think the 09s are pretty good,i am a 29" draw and with the 29" mods on it i have to set it on the + post to feel good.
millerarchery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #16
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerarchery View Post
Owning a bow shop and building strings, I get in a lot of bows that people want a string put on. A lot of them are old bows with 50% let off and it seems like most are 30" draw for some reason. I'm talking old Bear and PSE bows with cams the size of half dollars. I'm used to drawing bows an inch longer than my draw as I put several arrows through any bow I put strings on. I've still never drawn a bow like the Omen. Even at the correct draw, it would be awful. Why anyone would make a bow load up that bad right before dumping into the valley is beyond me. I'm not knocking PSE in general, just this particular bow.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:01 AM   #17
rpford53

rpford53 is on a distinguished road

Wow JC it sound little something got under your skin. You call the bow "fastest piece of crap ", it makes it sound as though your just one of those bashers. Yes it load up just like the Bowtec, Elites, and others, just a little bit more, phyiscs come into play when getting the most out of a cam, you need to ramp up quick, keep it there as long as possible, then drop into the valley. Yes the bow is not for everybody, but it is a great bow, and many will buy it.
Shoot straight, and aim
for the 12 ring.
rpford53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #18
xxSPOTTSxx
"THE REALITY CHECK"

xxSPOTTSxx is on a distinguished road

The Omen did load a little harsh but Ive personally felt alot worse im thinkin of shooting the omen a little in 3d imo seems to be very shootable and for the record there was only 1 reezen the omen is out there.
PSE STAFF SHOOTER
xxSPOTTSxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #19
rpford53

The reezen is not even in the same legal as the omen, the compareable bow to the reezen is the Bow Madness XL. Here are the spec on the two, and I have not found a reezen that has shoot at the 340 mark yet, been close but 332 is not 340.

Mathews Reezen
Specifications*
IBO Rating: up to 340 fps
Axle-to-Axle: 32"
Brace Height: 6.5"
Draw Weight: 40 - 70lbs
65 lb peak weight also available
Bow Weight: 4.15 lbs
Letoff: 80%

PSe Bow Madness XL
Specifications
Axle-to-Axle: 36"
Brace Height: 6-1/2"
IBO Speed: 332-324
Let Off : 80% or 65% Adjustable
Mass Weight: 3.9 lbs
Shoot straight, and aim
for the 12 ring.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #20
JDX--

JDX-- will become famous soon enough

That’s why I’m thinking of shoot’in the Monster xcellerate- I mean XLR8 at 375 +/-

My disclaimer - Just messing with ya trying to have fun

JDX-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #21
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDX-- View Post
That’s why I’m thinking of shoot’in the Monster xcellerate- I mean XLR8 at 375 +/-

My disclaimer - Just messing with ya trying to have fun
Mine is on order
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #22
rpford53

Well, with that in mind, just think what you could get our of the Monster eater (Omen) then.
Shoot straight, and aim
for the 12 ring.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #23
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpford53 View Post
Wow JC it sound little something got under your skin. You call the bow "fastest piece of crap ", it makes it sound as though your just one of those bashers. Yes it load up just like the Bowtec, Elites, and others, just a little bit more, phyiscs come into play when getting the most out of a cam, you need to ramp up quick, keep it there as long as possible, then drop into the valley. Yes the bow is not for everybody, but it is a great bow, and many will buy it.
Nope, not a basher, just don't like it when people give rediculous reviews on bows because of the name on the limb and nothing else. PSE threw this together just to make a claim. Just to post a number. I have no problem with any other PSE bow, but this one deserves no press or accolades.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #24
xxSPOTTSxx
"THE REALITY CHECK"

Quote:
Nope, not a basher, just don't like it when people give rediculous reviews on bows because of the name on the limb and nothing else. PSE threw this together just to make a claim. Just to post a number. I have no problem with any other PSE bow, but this one deserves no press or accolades.
Thats just Pete Justin but the bow will perform. I do see ur point and it was a slap at Matt its a marketing war right now between the 2 is all. I personally feel if mathews wants press attend the largest archery festival of the year dont make excuses and mathew attire shouldnt be allowed either. jmo
PSE STAFF SHOOTER
Old 01-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #25
rpford53

Come on, threw it togther. Really out fishing aren't you.
Shoot straight, and aim
for the 12 ring.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:17 PM   #26
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSPOTTSxx View Post
Thats just Pete Justin but the bow will perform. I do see ur point and it was a slap at Matt its a marketing war right now between the 2 is all. I personally feel if mathews wants press attend the largest archery festival of the year dont make excuses and mathew attire shouldnt be allowed either. jmo
Like I said, the bow is fast and the after shot characteristics aren't that bad. It is still by far the worst draw cycle I've ever felt. I have no idea how the Monster draw cycle is. I've never seen one. Anyone who's been around here a day or two knows I'm far from a Mathews fan....but I bet the Monster draws a whole heck of a lot better than the Omen. I bet a lot of bow companies could hit 366fps if the threw shootability out the door.....

I never compared this bow to Mathews by the way.... It won't be long until they are back at the show.....out of necessity.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #27
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Come on, threw it togther. Really out fishing aren't you.
Nope. This bow was built in response to the Mathews monster. How long ago was that realeased? It was so new that they only had 30" cams at the biggest trade show of the year. It was hurried and thrown together.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #28
xxSPOTTSxx
"THE REALITY CHECK"

Quote:
Like I said, the bow is fast and the after shot characteristics aren't that bad. It is still by far the worst draw cycle I've ever felt. I have no idea how the Monster draw cycle is. I've never seen one. Anyone who's been around here a day or two knows I'm far from a Mathews fan....but I bet the Monster draws a whole heck of a lot better than the Omen. I bet a lot of bow companies could hit 366fps if the threw shootability out the door.....

I never compared this bow to Mathews by the way.... It won't be long until they are back at the show.....out of necessity.
I agree as they should b brotha
PSE STAFF SHOOTER
Old 01-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #29
Looney Bin

Quote:
JC,
Has a right to his opinion. I fell its a little harsh, but I haven't shot the bow. Who knows I may agree with him on the draw cycle after I shot it. I doubt it will be unshootable. Thats what everybody said about the Original X-force. It may not be to everybodies taste, but I'm sure it will shoot.

As for the bow reviews.

I wish you could stop the BS reviews, but that will never happen. To many fanboys.

I prefer realistic reveiws that are in great detail. Then let people decide. Unfortunately there is way to much hype in the bow business.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #30
BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Nope. This bow was built in response to the Mathews monster. How long ago was that realeased? It was so new that they only had 30" cams at the biggest trade show of the year. It was hurried and thrown together.
Haw can anyone argue w/ this point?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #31
jcmorgan31
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney Bin View Post
JC,
Has a right to his opinion. I fell its a little harsh, but I haven't shot the bow. Who knows I may agree with him on the draw cycle after I shot it. I doubt it will be unshootable. Thats what everybody said about the Original X-force. It may not be to everybodies taste, but I'm sure it will shoot.

As for the bow reviews.

I wish you could stop the BS reviews, but that will never happen. To many fanboys.

I prefer realistic reveiws that are in great detail. Then let people decide. Unfortunately there is way to much hype in the bow business.
Yep...it is just an opinion. I usually keep them to myself as they are just that. Only reason I even posted was because of just how shocked I was with this particular product. I'm a fairly good sized fella and I regularly draw back 70lb plus bows in my shop. Some are old bows with crazy draw cycles. I honestly thought I had hit the back wall a good inch before I dropped into the valley. This was not a 70lb bow either. Maybe it is for some people, if so...happy shooting. I have no other motive to give a bad review other than I don't want the unsuspecting person to be told something based anything other a truthful review based on experience.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:42 PM   #32
J.C.

J.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
Haw can anyone argue w/ this point?
I think the main proof that it was thrown together is that they wont ship until July....
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #33
Looney Bin

Unfortunately lots of people by bows based on fanboy reviews. Sometimes the reviews sound like they are tring to convince themselves that they bought the right product.

People often misinterperet help. Or someone tring to be helpful. Then again it depends on how you word it. It happens to me sometimes when I'm tring to help somebody get the facts straight.

I spend more time at work explaining misinformation from other business's. Then I do about how product really work.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #34
xxSPOTTSxx
"THE REALITY CHECK"

Quote:
To clear 1 thing up its the Mcphearson Monster this is the second time Matt bought back the Mcphearson name I woulda PSE had 2 yrs of R&D under their belt with the cam.
PSE STAFF SHOOTER
Old 01-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #35
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
To clear 1 thing up its the Mcphearson Monster this is the second time Matt bought back the Mcphearson name I woulda PSE had 2 yrs of R&D under their belt with the cam.
Not according to the POSTERS in the shops.......
Old 01-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #36
xxSPOTTSxx
"THE REALITY CHECK"

According to the interview with matt so its a ploy? Hmmm There goes all those yrs of marketing falsely
PSE STAFF SHOOTER
Old 01-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #37
Smichael

Smichael is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I personally feel if mathews wants press attend the largest archery festival of the year dont make excuses and mathew attire shouldnt be allowed either. jmo
I've never understood this logic. The ATA show is about one thing and one thing only -- marketing. Every form of marketing has a cost. If a company decides the cost of attending outweighs the benefit received, why is it a bad thing not to attend? Mathews obviously chooses to spend their marketing dollars elsewhere, just open any trade magazine and look at the ads and the number of sponsored shooters.

It's also kind of silly to say they should ban Mathews attire from the ATA. What about every other company that doesn't participate at that ATA, are you going to ban them as well? The fact you see that much Mathews attire at a trade show the company doesn't even participate in might just give you a clue that their marketing is working.
Smichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #38
xxSPOTTSxx
"THE REALITY CHECK"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smichael View Post
I've never understood this logic. The ATA show is about one thing and one thing only -- marketing. Every form of marketing has a cost. If a company decides the cost of attending outweighs the benefit received, why is it a bad thing not to attend? Mathews obviously chooses to spend their marketing dollars elsewhere, just open any trade magazine and look at the ads and the number of sponsored shooters.

It's also kind of silly to say they should ban Mathews attire from the ATA. What about every other company that doesn't participate at that ATA, are you going to ban them as well? The fact you see that much Mathews attire at a trade show the company doesn't even participate in might just give you a clue that their marketing is working.
Im not saying band people from wearing attire at the ata really could care less if mathews showed up there honestly. But all major bow lines were there excludeing them woulda been nice to shoot a reezen or monster on a business owners stand point. just my 2 cents.
PSE STAFF SHOOTER
Old 01-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #39
L A Archery

L A Archery is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Im not saying band people from wearing attire at the ata really could care less if mathews showed up there honestly. But all major bow lines were there excludeing them woulda been nice to shoot a reezen or monster on a business owners stand point. just my 2 cents.
I think Mathews has enough business and doesnt really care if they pick up any new shops. It would be really hard for me to invest in a bow lineup without being able to put my hands on them. I have met reps of all the major bow companies along with a couple of owners but have never seen so much as a sales rep from Mathews. I want to know what I will be selling before I recieve it and unless you visit another shop with that line of bows allready it is just not possible here.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:44 AM   #40
Pinwheel1969
#1 THREAD KILLER

Pinwheel1969 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am really surprised to see you bashing JC.... You have always been open minded in the past ! PSE bows are not crap!! Any bow hitting the 250-260fps is goiong to be a harsh drawing SOB.... Remember that...
I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
RANGER BOW STRINGS
Pinwheel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote