Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-12-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
mx309
hoyt alphamax 32

mx309 is on a distinguished road
Default I need a good bow case!

I just bought a new alphamax32 and want to protect it with a good hard case. I dont want a $50 case protecting my $1300 setup. What are your opions?
mx309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

SKB....The only way to fly.

Northwest airlines tried to hurt it a couple of times now and have only scratch the surface.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
MeanV2

MeanV2 is on a distinguished road

SKB!!

Nuf Said!

Dan
www.meanvarchery.com
MeanV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

Another case line to look at is Lakewood Products.

It's not an ATA rated case but they have a case called a bow file that allows you to have a fully equipped bow, with a loaded quiver, in the case. You put the bow in vertically. Check out www.lakewoodproducts.com

You can get them right from the company.

SKB cases are second to none though. I used them for years for PA and guitar amp equipment. They take a beating big time, but are not cheap.

Ron

Official turkey baster and member of the FBSA R-100 eating team....
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #5
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Two bow case

Best bowcase I have ever ownws and I have owned the SKB in double and single.

Brownell soft case. Made from Brownell archer.

If headed on a trip I can carry it all in this case. Many pros use this case and Im glad one took the time to show his to me. Best I have found. Packs easier in cars as well over hard cases. Airline approved and its tough.
DB
Old 02-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #6
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Best bowcase I have ever ownws and I have owned the SKB in double and single.

Brownell soft case. Made from Brownell archer.

If headed on a trip I can carry it all in this case. Many pros use this case and Im glad one took the time to show his to me. Best I have found. Packs easier in cars as well over hard cases. Airline approved and its tough.
DB
Yeah the SKB cases are something else....
I still have a couple from the old band days.
You can drop them from 10 feet and not have an issue.

Ron

Old 02-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #7
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
Yeah the SKB cases are something else....
I still have a couple from the old band days.
You can drop them from 10 feet and not have an issue.

Ron
Case is fine if your not packing anything else in them. I like the room of the Brownell to pack it in. Also ever case at the airport gets dropped ten feet or more now days. Wouldnt hesitate to drop my Brownell that far.

SGB makes a nice case.
DB
Old 02-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
Ronhop
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Case is fine if your not packing anything else in them. I like the room of the Brownell to pack it in. Also ever case at the airport gets dropped ten feet or more now days. Wouldnt hesitate to drop my Brownell that far.

SGB makes a nice case.
DB
I never saw a brownell case. It sounds interesting.
My vehicle is space challenged so having something that's solid protection that don't take up too much room is a plus for sure.

Ron

Old 02-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #9
JDX--

JDX-- will become famous soon enough

WE depend on Brownell Soft Cases to get the job done a ton of room and for the most part superior protection,

When driving up to 15 hours to a shoot we can easy pack( 3 ) Bows -Apex 7s or Conquest 4s in the 1 Brownell case along with arrow transport tubes, quivers, bino’s and other small stuff. That’s a ton of stuff in one case.

For airline travel I usually will pack 1 or 2 bows per case with all the other gadgets needed, only once I had a arrow rest that was jarred a little but not broke,

One of my team mates who believes in his SKB, which also is a top notch case had his arrow rest snapped completely off his Apex when we arrived at the Redding Shoot last year 2008 so the bottom line is there are a lot of good choices but they all can be vulnerable to certain hits and abuse at times.

JDX-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:32 AM   #10
JDX--

JDX-- will become famous soon enough

Here’s their web site. Not the greatest pictures but it does give you an idea as to how they look and a source to order one. Hop on the site and scroll down a little.

http://www.brownellarchery.com/products.htm

We really like ours, I still use a standard black plastic bow case for around here locally but when hitting a shoot while traveling any distance these are awesome for packing all your stuff and having a good amount of protection.

JDX-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:40 AM   #11
mx309
hoyt alphamax 32

mx309 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info guys. The brownell sounds interesting. I never thaught of a soft case due to the thinking that it wont protect the bow. But you guys say its great. I might need to see one of those.
mx309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:08 AM   #12
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

bullfiddle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDX-- View Post
Here’s their web site. Not the greatest pictures but it does give you an idea as to how they look and a source to order one. Hop on the site and scroll down a little.

http://www.brownellarchery.com/products.htm

We really like ours, I still use a standard black plastic bow case for around here locally but when hitting a shoot while traveling any distance these are awesome for packing all your stuff and having a good amount of protection.
I finally seen the price last night on the .pdf flyer for the case $189 plus shipping. It appears these cases can only be purchased thru the manufacturer as I did an extensive search last night of all the major archery suppliers and came up empty.

Jeff ole buddy looks like I will be waiting till Wabash to get a gander at your case before I take the leap... I wanna put my good eye on it first...
FBSA President and Founder
bullfiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #13
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfiddle View Post
I finally seen the price last night on the .pdf flyer for the case $189 plus shipping. It appears these cases can only be purchased thru the manufacturer as I did an extensive search last night of all the major archery suppliers and came up empty.

Jeff ole buddy looks like I will be waiting till Wabash to get a gander at your case before I take the leap... I wanna put my good eye on it first...
That's right you can only get them direct. We tried to get them but they wanted us to pay the same price as the direct price.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #14
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

bullfiddle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
That's right you can only get them direct. We tried to get them but they wanted us to pay the same price as the direct price.
That's a tough one to get items out on the market if there only selling direct... I like to touch and feel stuff I am gonne drop a couple hundred on personally... I think the case sales are probably just a small part of there business so they may not be pushin em that much. They do look like a really nice case in the pics though... I will write a review once I get one in my hands....
FBSA President and Founder
bullfiddle is offline   Reply With Quote