tak

tak is on a distinguished road
Default Reezen good or bad?

just curious to see what everyone thinks of the new reezen
tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Its a Mathews so of course I like it. As much as my SB XT.........no. The ones that do not like it or are complaining about it are simply used to Mathews bows being shockfree, smooth as warm butter, and as quiet as a mouse fart from 100 yards. Everyone whined and bashed until Mathews made a Single Cam Speed Bow and now they say but it has a vibration or it has a hump on the draw. Well no kidding Sherlock........speed comes at a cost. So what exactly do the bashers want????? Oh yeah thats it they wanna bash. All I have to say is go ahead everyone try to knock the King of the Mountain. Oh and.........."Catch Us If You Can".

Yours Truly
Mathews Fanboy

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
tak

tak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tak View Post
just curious to see what everyone thinks of the new reezen
thats what i kinda thought too. I just purchased a dxt in september and love it
tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
J.C.

J.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the roughJ.C. is a jewel in the rough

the dynamic brace height is too low for my taste. it's a little twitchy at full draw. that's my only gripe with it. the draw cycle and the slight vibration it had didnt bother me at all.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
the dynamic brace height is too low for my taste. it's a little twitchy at full draw. that's my only gripe with it. the draw cycle and the slight vibration it had didnt bother me at all.
There you are at it again. 6.5 and 7 brace height?????? Twitchy?????? Its a freakin 340fps single cam bow.

"HONDA"
Old 02-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
trussoni
Ninja Fighting Fool

trussoni is on a distinguished road

shot it when it first came to the pro shop here and did not like it and i really WANTED to like it. have not shot it since they did the upgrade on it but i understand it did take some hand shock away. if you want speed though it would be a great bow just not for me i dont think.

FBSA Member
http://www.thefbsa.com
Mathews Drenalin
Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second
trussoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #7
JDX--

JDX-- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trussoni View Post
shot it when it first came to the pro shop here and did not like it and i really WANTED to like it. have not shot it since they did the upgrade on it but i understand it did take some hand shock away. if you want speed though it would be a great bow just not for me i dont think.
Anthony wanted me to shoot it, but I'm a lefty, his comment was it really did not have a lot of area as far as needing improvments but yet it was like night and day with the new update.

He was pretty pumped

JDX-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #8
trussoni
Ninja Fighting Fool

trussoni is on a distinguished road

the hyperlite was impressive though

FBSA Member
http://www.thefbsa.com
Mathews Drenalin
Sword Acu-Site http://www.swordacu-site.com
Schmidtys Specialty Strings, QAD Ultra Rest HD,Radial XWeave Pro 300 Arrows,Limb Savers, Shuttle T-Lock Broadheads, Tru Fire Release, Super Peep W/ Clarifier, Equalizer Stabilizer
Guests Please register here http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index...eferrerid=8588 it will only take a second
trussoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #9
iawalleyeguy
iawalleyeguy

iawalleyeguy is on a distinguished road

Boy mathews really Tanked this one good thing they finnaly got smart and started making a binary cam bow oh i know its coming so bring it but thats what it is they can call it whatever they want but they had to try to regain the market share they lost from BOWTECH who is the single largest manufacturer of compound bows in the world and when i watch TV all i see is Mathews this and Mathews that guess good old word of mouth is still the best advertisment and cheapest too!!
iawalleyeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #10
JDX--

JDX-- will become famous soon enough

iawalleyguy

Glad to see you’re awful proud of your Bowtechs, there’s a lot of good technology out there now days and it cool that we have so much to choose from.

Everyone here has their favorites and we all get along
But your comment there almost looks like the crap that we all seen on AT.

So try to get along here with out having to have a blood match. I see you joined here just the other day and I welcome you.

Good Luck this year

Last edited by JDX--; 02-13-2009 at 09:22 PM.
JDX-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #11
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDX-- View Post
Glad to see you’re awful proud of your Bowtechs, there’s a lot of good technology out there now days and it cool that we have so much to choose from.

So try to get along here with out having to have a blood match. I see you joined here just the other day and I welcome you.

Good Luck this year
Hey Jeff, the ignore button works great.

"HONDA"
Old 02-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #12
BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iawalleyeguy View Post
Boy mathews really Tanked this one good thing they finnaly got smart and started making a binary cam bow oh i know its coming so bring it but thats what it is they can call it whatever they want but they had to try to regain the market share they lost from BOWTECH who is the single largest manufacturer of compound bows in the world and when i watch TV all i see is Mathews this and Mathews that guess good old word of mouth is still the best advertisment and cheapest too!!
What's a Mathews??
Old 02-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #13
Scottyluck

Scottyluck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That could be the longest sentence I've ever read!
Old 02-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #14
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Welcome, BUT YOUR A TOOL.......a USELESS one at that.......
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #15
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDX-- View Post
iawalleyguy

Good Luck this year
yup, well said
Old 02-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #16
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
What's a Mathews??
I have NO idea......never heard of them.....
Old 02-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #17
bullfiddle
Movin on up!!!

bullfiddle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyluck View Post
I was thinking the same thing when I read it....
FBSA President and Founder
bullfiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:30 PM   #18
freeds_01

freeds_01 is on a distinguished road

I bought one a while ago and I love it. The best bow I've ever shot. My groupings are a lot tighter. And I think it's the quietest bow I've had.
freeds_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #19
iawalleyeguy
iawalleyeguy

Default who's chasing who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyluck View Post
well now i didn't know we were grading this but sure seems I've struck a nerve with all the "gotta see my bow on tv" people ! oh and mathias your monster "not a binary cam bow" still won't touch the 82nd!
Old 02-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #20
Poleg

Poleg is on a distinguished road
Default My Opinion and that's all.

The man asked about the Reezen. I'm a huge Matthews fan, but I don't really care about speed at all. As long as I can squeeze that release trigger and have the arrow hit where I'm aiming at, I could care less how quick it gets there. Reezen may be quick, but personally I don't care for the vibration in that bow at all. 11's, 12's, and first place is all that matters!
Poleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #21
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
well now i didn't know we were grading this but sure seems I've struck a nerve with all the "gotta see my bow on tv" people ! oh and mathias your monster "not a binary cam bow" still won't touch the 82nd!
Hey DIPSY DOODLE DANDY, just so you know, Scotty is a Hoyt shooter.....

Keep talking and inserting foot in your big mouth......

Yup it cant touch the 82nd......especially in UGLY!!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #22
iawalleyeguy
iawalleyeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
Hey DIPSY DOODLE DANDY, just so you know, Scotty is a Hoyt shooter.....

Keep talking and inserting foot in your big mouth......

Yup it cant touch the 82nd......especially in UGLY!!!!
ok I give up and also must confess that this is my first bowtech. I have shot a mathews for the past 6 years a lx absolutely loved the bow and wanted to stay with mathews but haven't shot a bow by them that i liked since the SB so i started exploring different options and ended up shooting the general not the fastest bow by far but as of now you cant find a more shock free and quit bow!So don't just buy a bow b/c you really wan't that killer bow you saw on TV shoot them all and i'll bet your surprised at which one you like best !
Old 02-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #23
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

Quote:
ok I give up and also must confess that this is my first bowtech. I have shot a mathews for the past 6 years a lx absolutely loved the bow and wanted to stay with mathews but haven't shot a bow by them that i liked since the SB so i started exploring different options and ended up shooting the general not the fastest bow by far but as of now you cant find a more shock free and quit bow!So don't just buy a bow b/c you really wan't that killer bow you saw on TV shoot them all and i'll bet your surprised at which one you like best !
see thats better, and will get you father on this website then the stuff you originally posted.....

WE DONT really care what you shoot, as longas you are shooting!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #24
TREESTANDSNYPER
Toxophilite

TREESTANDSNYPER is on a distinguished road

I absolutely loved the Reezen. For those of you that didn't like it before because of the felt shock/vibration do yourself a favor, get to the dealer and shoot it with the new Harmonic Stabilizer put in. Anything you may have felt before is now GONE! Mathews got it right with the new Harmonic Stabilizer. I bought one on the spot, it freaking rocks.
TREESTANDSNYPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #25
Mathews Man
Foam Killer

Mathews Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
see thats better, and will get you father on this website then the stuff you originally posted.....

WE DONT really care what you shoot, as longas you are shooting!!!!!!
X2 this is a place where we dont care what you shoot- Looking at my screen name you can guess what My favotite bow is. But I believe there are alot of good options out there, And each person should shoot what works for them.

1 thing tho Mathews put out a 2 cam bow this year and alot of guys trash em- now Diamond (made by Bowteck) has alot of single cams out and I have heard nothing about Bowteck jumping on Mathews band wagon HMMMMMMMMM

Now back to the Thread,I looked at a reeson this week, didnt shoot it but it had the new dampners on it, felt good in the hand- Grip seams thinned out vs the old Mathews grip, weight was good. Thats all I can say with out shooting the bow.
(new)FBSA Member
Mathews Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #26
iawalleyeguy
iawalleyeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathews Man View Post
X2 this is a place where we dont care what you shoot- Looking at my screen name you can guess what My favotite bow is. But I believe there are alot of good options out there, And each person should shoot what works for them.

1 thing tho Mathews put out a 2 cam bow this year and alot of guys trash em- now Diamond (made by Bowteck) has alot of single cams out and I have heard nothing about Bowteck jumping on Mathews band wagon HMMMMMMMMM

Now back to the Thread,I looked at a reeson this week, didnt shoot it but it had the new dampners on it, felt good in the hand- Grip seams thinned out vs the old Mathews grip, weight was good. Thats all I can say with out shooting the bow.
there is no doubt single cam bows at one point in the past were the best set up available thats why they still sell and bowtech themselves made single cam bows scince the advent of binary cams bowtech has moved single cams to the back of the bus still however i have shot the diamond black ice and in my opinion it shoots as well if not better that any comprable mathews try one with your eyes closed and your mind open and then tell me i'm wrong and refuse to follow
Old 02-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #27
Mathews Man
Foam Killer

Quote:
there is no doubt single cam bows at one point in the past were the best set up available thats why they still sell and bowtech themselves made single cam bows scince the advent of binary cams bowtech has moved single cams to the back of the bus still however i have shot the diamond black ice and in my opinion it shoots as well if not better that any comprable mathews try one with your eyes closed and your mind open and then tell me i'm wrong and refuse to follow
I actually recomended the Black Ice and Marquie to my brother in law- That what I meant by I believe there are alot of quality bows out there and each person should shoot what fits em. I personally shoot Mathews single cam due to the smooth draw It Fits ME best. But I am also looking at the Eliete Line for my next bow.

Lets face it there are only so many options you can do with a bow. And just cause bows from differant companys look the same ect. dont need bashed for tring to put out the best product to US the customer. Thats all I meant.
(new)FBSA Member
Old 02-16-2009, 09:45 AM   #28
iawalleyeguy
iawalleyeguy

Quote:
I actually recomended the Black Ice and Marquie to my brother in law- That what I meant by I believe there are alot of quality bows out there and each person should shoot what fits em. I personally shoot Mathews single cam due to the smooth draw It Fits ME best. But I am also looking at the Eliete Line for my next bow.

Lets face it there are only so many options you can do with a bow. And just cause bows from differant companys look the same ect. dont need bashed for tring to put out the best product to US the customer. Thats all I meant.
on that i will say you are right my friend as long as you hit what you are aiming at who cares. i guess i'm just a prick and like to get under peoples skin a little too much sometimes SORRY
Old 02-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #29
Mathews Man
Foam Killer

Quote:
on that i will say you are right my friend as long as you hit what you are aiming at who cares. i guess i'm just a prick and like to get under peoples skin a little too much sometimes SORRY
As far as I go all is good my friend- I dont think your a prick or anything of the sort I just say keep the "getting under peoples skin" for AT, most of us left there due to that sort of thing. And dont want it here that being said to a better place for archery info and friendship.
(new)FBSA Member
Old 02-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #30
CutTheLoop

CutTheLoop will become famous soon enoughCutTheLoop will become famous soon enough

Quote:
As far as I go all is good my friend- I dont think your a prick or anything of the sort I just say keep the "getting under peoples skin" for AT, most of us left there due to that sort of thing. And dont want it here that being said to a better place for archery info and friendship.

Amen

For a second there, I thought I had clicked the wrong shortcut.

Now back to the original topic: I have a couple friends who have recieved their Reezens, both of them feel like the draw is about 3/4"+ longer than their other Mathews bows.

CutTheLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #31
Chappy

Chappy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Please keep this kind of stuff for AT only. This is a a civilized site.
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:02 PM   #32
GlowbugAng

GlowbugAng is on a distinguished road

Hand shock??? Really? Maybe it's cause I'm a sissy girl and only shooting mine at 45#'s at the moment (at 24.5" D/L), but I can honestly say this is the most comfortable bow I have EVER owned. I love mine!

I'm really thinking that I may never shoot my Prestige again!

Mine is the 7.0 btw.
GlowbugAng is offline   Reply With Quote