Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Clubhouse Lounge > Offtopic

Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
killbambidead
bambi killer

killbambidead is on a distinguished road
Default words of wisdom?

k so heres the scenerio ---- brock (me) has a teacher at school who hates his guts. i did absolutely nothing wrong to this man until i got pushed to a point where i couldnt take it. i have ag mech.and tech. which is a class where you bring in "projects" and work on it. big wig (the teacher) is failing me simply for the fact he hates me. other students sit around and bs and do not bring in anything to do. i have done a custom exhaust on my truck, made a deer stand, fixed a shelf for my mom, assisted my one friend with numerous projects and im still getting a 45% in a class that has no tests or homework? it doesnt make sense to me ? it wouldnt bother me but due to this grade i lost my good student discount on my insurance im usually a 3.2ish gpa student but this one ruined that and its really really ing me off what can i do ? ive gone to the principal and she said theres nothing she can do?
killbambidead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
Wheely
Wheely Threads

Wheely has a spectacular aura aboutWheely has a spectacular aura about

TRY HARDER!!! If you are doing all you can possibly do, which sounds like you may not be since you bring up the fact that other students sit around and BS too, then he cannot fail you on simply a matter of liking you or not.
Wheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
the contractor

the contractor is on a distinguished road

Hang in there dude!its got to get better,eventually!
My opinion(and sometimes I'm an idiot)is that there my be something in the way you carry yourself ,or your mannerisms that this teacher just takes in a way that is bothersome to him. I mean,there's a good chance your doing something that you may not be aware of the way it affects this guy. The best answer is to do the hardest thing. That to me is to put away any attitude you may already have and go to him calm and cool to ask questions about the way he thinks of you. Explain what your telling us , but try to do it without antimosity. Don't get me wrong , if your swoll because of his attitude toward you,your probably justified to feel that way. What I am saying is that when fixing this problem becomes the most important thing to you, you'll find a way to approach the teacher ,get some answers,and talk about this. Straight up tell him,I'm making a crappy grade in here,what can I do to turn it around? And don't take no for an answer.keep us informed and good luck!
the contractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:19 AM   #4
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Confront the teacher with your parents. Find out WHY he does not like you. Maybe its a misunderstanding. Or maybe.................. he is a member of PETA. Then your just screwed.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #5
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Give it everything you got to make a good grade
be a gentelmen to him as well as others
I was in a similar situation bout 26 yrs ago and I did just that and I got all got marks on my last eveauation with the boss
go for it
for you can do it.

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
wildfan99
Sophia's dad

wildfan99 is on a distinguished road

I agree that you should talk to him w your parents. That will bring out the real reason. Than do what he asks.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:01 PM   #7
bwiz

bwiz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bwiz

Keep up the good fight, don't get down. Just kill 'em with kindness. The meeting with your parents present probably wouldn't hurt either. Good Luck, dude.
Great Sales and Service at www.oneidabows.net
bwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #8
hunter2678

hunter2678 is on a distinguished road

I'd have him point out all the reasons and examples of why you are falling short in his class.....if he's got his act together and is legit then he should be able to show some reasonable examples that translate to your current standing..if he's merely being an azz then he wont be able to come up with anything substantial. Surprise him and put him on the spot. Definietly involve the parents too.

Last edited by hunter2678; 03-06-2009 at 02:10 PM.
hunter2678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
killbambidead
bambi killer

killbambidead is on a distinguished road

sorry havent been on ..long weekend.... but anyways my mom met with him a few weeks ago and she even says the guy is a moron he told her i could do stuff then when i try and do it either the tools are broke or he says its not an acceptable project. mom talked to the princiapal and she said that they have been gettin reports like this all year. tomorow mornign im gonna go talk to the guidance counciler
killbambidead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #10
scottnorthwest
Wabbit Huntin

scottnorthwest is on a distinguished road

I had a teacher like this, and so did my son. The one I had was just degrading and mean if you were not one of his favorites. The one my son had failed every paper he wrote. I had my son submit one that I did in college and got an A on and she failed it. You should have seen the look on that teachers face when we had a little conference with her, the principle, and I.

Despite what the teacher does, be respectful and work hard as others have noted, make sure to keep your parents in the loop and do not get discouraged. Try for a transfer if nothing else.
scottnorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote