Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
HCH
UL Shelter/Stove Geek
 
HCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: AMES, IOWA
Posts: 80
HCH is on a distinguished road
Default Broke in the new GTO!!

Went out this weekend and the birds got the best of us. We had 2 nice toms together come in yesterday, we had too many windows open on the blind, and they saw me and putted and were gone b4 Emily could even shoot. Well, Emily couldn't roll out today, so I went by myself this am. I wasn't set up over 10 minutes, and this guy came in silently. I heard no gobbling this am. The Spitfire Gobbler getter anchored him right where he was shot. As I stood on his neck and praised God for the success, 2 more toms came walking in. Then as I was doing a photo shoot, 1 more came in. No gobbling what so ever this am; not even while on roost. 20 yd shot. Dead bird at 6:18 am. Very impressed with the Gobbler getter head. Went in his back and put a nasty hole in him without the arrow leaving his body, but the head exited the front of his chest. He barely flopped after the shot. 7/8" spurs, 9 1/2" beard, 24#

Bowhunting forum

Bowhunting forum

Bowhunting forum

Bowhunting forum

Bowhunting forum

Bowhunting forum
Bowhunting forum


Bowhunting forum
Bowhunting forum

Bowhunting forum
__________________
John 3:16 Lifetime NRA Member/Iowa Bow Hunters Association/"Crackerized"Strother SR-71 "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6 UL shelter/stove geek
HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #2
Daniel Boone
Senior Member
 
Daniel Boone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,934
Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Sweet

Great time shared in a blind.

How do you like that ASAT blind?

How does the mesh attach in those blinds to the windows?

DB
__________________
Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
HCH
UL Shelter/Stove Geek
 
HCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: AMES, IOWA
Posts: 80
HCH is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Great time shared in a blind.

How do you like that ASAT blind?

How does the mesh attach in those blinds to the windows?

DB
Mesh attaches to the windows with a velcro perimeter around the entire window. I leave the netting off of the windows unless I am deer hunting. I love the blind, SUPER quality and well built. Every bit as good as my Double Bull BS5 and Double Bull Matrix. It is the blind I usually take. Plenty of room for 2 hunters with gear. The windows zip up and down and you can open them as little as u want
__________________
John 3:16 Lifetime NRA Member/Iowa Bow Hunters Association/"Crackerized"Strother SR-71 "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6 UL shelter/stove geek
HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
Daniel Boone
Senior Member
 
Daniel Boone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,934
Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Velcro hold the mesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Mesh attaches to the windows with a velcro perimeter around the entire window. I leave the netting off of the windows unless I am deer hunting. I love the blind, SUPER quality and well built. Every bit as good as my Double Bull BS5 and Double Bull Matrix. It is the blind I usually take. Plenty of room for 2 hunters with gear. The windows zip up and down and you can open them as little as u want
Is the velcro tight enough to shoot through. Does the carry bag come with the blind? My BS5 blind is getting quite old. In the market for a new blind.
What model is that blind. Does ASAT make severl different models?
DB
__________________
Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #5
HCH
UL Shelter/Stove Geek
 
HCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: AMES, IOWA
Posts: 80
HCH is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Is the velcro tight enough to shoot through. Does the carry bag come with the blind? My BS5 blind is getting quite old. In the market for a new blind.
What model is that blind. Does ASAT make severl different models?
DB
I heard they are making anew model..don't know tho. This is acalled the quickie blind. Yea, carry bag with shoulder straps come with it. Mesh is extremely taunt when you place the mesh in it. I have nver shot through it, but it is REAL taunt. $250 to my door and it is high quality material 9 oz cotton and appears to be made in the same Chinese factory the DB's are made. Your BS5 was made in USA, but they took the Matrix to China.
__________________
John 3:16 Lifetime NRA Member/Iowa Bow Hunters Association/"Crackerized"Strother SR-71 "Crackerized"PSE AXE 6 UL shelter/stove geek
HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #6
Daniel Boone
Senior Member
 
Daniel Boone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 6,934
Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Think you have sold me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I heard they are making anew model..don't know tho. This is acalled the quickie blind. Yea, carry bag with shoulder straps come with it. Mesh is extremely taunt when you place the mesh in it. I have nver shot through it, but it is REAL taunt. $250 to my door and it is high quality material 9 oz cotton and appears to be made in the same Chinese factory the DB's are made. Your BS5 was made in USA, but they took the Matrix to China.
Thats more than a fair price for sure. ASAT camo is good stuff.
Thanks DB
__________________
Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com