Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 08-24-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
west texas heat

west texas heat is on a distinguished road
Default north woods hunting

i have an opportunity to hunt in north east wisonsin......any tips on month and or dates to be in the woods for bow hunting ?
west texas heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 09:43 AM   #2
gunner

gunner is on a distinguished road

I live in north central Wisconsin. About an hour from the upper Michigan boarder. Depending on where you’re going up here, you may have to deal with other people in the woods. The hunting pressure is high in some parts of this country. The times I would be up here are mid October to the second week in November. A few tips for you if you’re going to be hunting up here. Start practicing from a tree stand, where your heavy cloths when your shooting. It is going to be cold here that time of year. I have two bows set up for bow hunting. One I have set up for early season and one set up for late season. My early season bow is set at 78 pounds while my other bow is set at 65 pounds for those cold days.
gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:36 AM   #3
west texas heat

I will be in your area it appears. do you know where Elcho is ? my wife is from Appleton and her family has a cottage on upper post lake. i am up there in july and december every year. her parents do not hunt so it has taken 12 years to get them to allow me to hunt up there....... persistance..... i have met a few ex deer hunters that now pheasant hunt and pretty much no longer deer hunt. (many nice heads on the wall) they have given me permission to hunt their property as well as show me a few places they use to hunt. hopefully i do not run in to to many others. i am looking at oct 20th thru the 29th or nov 3rd thru the 12th. hunting in Texas best time is 1st 2 weeks of december.....
Old 08-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
gunner

gunner is on a distinguished road

Yes I know where Elcho is my family is from there. My mom lives in lower post lake. I have hunted there for years. I live just north of there, closer to Rhinelander. I have taken a few nice bucks from the Elcho area. My family owns a few hundred acres down there. I shot a nice 9 pointer last year that scored in the 135 class. Two miles north of Elcho. There are allot of big deer down there but are hard to find because of the hunters around there. If you would like pm me and I'll send you an email to help you out with what ever you need to know about the area. Good hunting and stay safe.
gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
west texas heat

thanks i will send the pm. i appreciate the assistance.