Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 06-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
madmike1735

madmike1735 is on a distinguished road
Default bow makes a popping noise.

bought my bow at cabelas..... brand new lh 70# PSE stinger ready to shoot.... i shoot release, and when the guy set me up, the stock module in the NI cam was to "long" so he changed it.... 26in is my draw length... anyways, bow shot awesome, quiet.... about 2 weeks later, i notice the bottom of the buss cable was getting worn into.... serving was worn through.... brought it back, and he said the module was in backwords.... they flipped the module, and replaced the cable.... now when i pull my bow back, about 3/4 through draw it makes a slight pop, or cracking sound..... it never did this until they flipped the module.... also, its set at 85% letoff.... what can cause this? does anyone else have the NI cam setup, and have the short draw length module? if so, can you post a pic so i can see if my module is in correctly???? cabelas set it up, so if anything goes wrong its their ass..... but, the guy in the archery dept. seems like he should be behind a cash register, and not setting up bows, haha....
madmike1735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
hutchies

hutchies is on a distinguished road

Check the screws in the module itself. A buddy of mine had that happen before on a bow and finally we figured out it was the screw was loose and the module was moving.
hutchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
SandSquid
Uncle Sam's Canoe Club

SandSquid is on a distinguished road

Take it to a qualified archery shop.

Gone camping in the mountains of Afghanistan.
Will return sometime in early/mid 2012.
SandSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
rivershark

rivershark is on a distinguished road

could be the rocker popping, could the the module, 85% let off? should be 80%, sometimes the cable itself will pop or creek when its about to break, its the sound of the knots or strings slipping in the serving, could be the limb in the limb pocket.

take it to a qualified bow tec. i always say, forget the box store and support you local pro shop, you may pay more up front but your gettting so much more. plus building a personal relationship.
rivershark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:37 AM   #5
madmike1735

madmike1735 is on a distinguished road

buss cable is brand new... string might have maybe 100-125 shots on it.... checked mod it self.... screws are tight..... bow shop doesnt know what it is either.... thought maybe it was the limbs not tightened evenly.... no one knows..... its at 3/4 string draw, im thinking its just the module torqing the limbs, but it should sound like someone cracking their knuckles... its loud enough to scare a deer.... otherwise id let it ride.
madmike1735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #6
hutchies

hutchies is on a distinguished road

Call Diane at PSE directly. I bet she tells you that it is in the limb pocket. Either way they will make it right. PSE has great customer service.
hutchies is offline   Reply With Quote