Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
stites08

stites08 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Kansas state shoot

We just returned from the Kansas state ASA shoot. We had a great time and want to thank Huntelk and targetgal. The weather was perfect, the range was even better.
stites08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
McCann

McCann is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stites08 View Post
We just returned from the Kansas state ASA shoot. We had a great time and want to thank Huntelk and targetgal. The weather was perfect, the range was even better.
How does the range set up compare to other ASA shoots that you have been to? Either the Pro Shoots or the State Shoots. I try to help Tracy as much as possible but I have not been to a larger shoot yet.

Marc
McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
stites08

This was my 2nd 3D and the first ASA for me so I really can't answer your question.
Comparing todays shoot with the last one is easy. There is none. Tri Counties range is well trimmed and short. The other was extreeemly long, (5 hours plus to shoot).
I will say that I expected more obstacles at todays shoot. But that did not help my score one bit.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
McCann

thanks for your reply. I look foward to meeting you in person at a future shoot.

Marc
Old 07-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #5
stites08

Likewise bro c-ya soon.
But until then I reeeeally have to practice for 3D, this is a whole new ball game for me.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
Huntelk

Huntelk is on a distinguished road

To get an idea of where you would be at the National level you could compare the score you shot this weekend to the scores from the ASA Pro-Am in Paris, TX.

This was a very tough course with very few "gimmies".

The winner of the K-45 class shot a 310 at Tri-Co this week and a 345 last week at the MO State.

In open A I shot a 300 at the MO state and got 4th or 5th place. Pibb won our shoot with a 302 and was ON FIRE!

Several other shooters that travel to the big shoots can all attest to this course being very challenging.

There are a lot of our "regulars" that have no idea how competitive they actually are. Hopefully having a "real-live" ASA like we had this weekend will get more of them to see they have "game" and get them to try out the National shoots. Our red and blue stakes were in all reality probably tougher than they are at the Nationals.

If you can hang at our shoot, you will not have any surprizes at the nationals-you can do it!
Huntelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:56 PM   #7
McCann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
To get an idea of where you would be at the National level you could compare the score you shot this weekend to the scores from the ASA Pro-Am in Paris, TX.

This was a very tough course with very few "gimmies".

The winner of the K-45 class shot a 310 at Tri-Co this week and a 345 last week at the MO State.

In open A I shot a 300 at the MO state and got 4th or 5th place. Pibb won our shoot with a 302 and was ON FIRE!

Several other shooters that travel to the big shoots can all attest to this course being very challenging.

There are a lot of our "regulars" that have no idea how competitive they actually are. Hopefully having a "real-live" ASA like we had this weekend will get more of them to see they have "game" and get them to try out the National shoots. Our red and blue stakes were in all reality probably tougher than they are at the Nationals.

If you can hang at our shoot, you will not have any surprizes at the nationals-you can do it!

Tracy....... I feel a bit poked like a bear.
Where's the next shoot someone without a ASA number can shoot? and how does one get the ASA number? RATS NOW I NEED A THIRD BOW!!!!!!!!!
Marc
Old 07-21-2009, 08:16 AM   #8
Huntelk

Default Hah! Another "spottie" hooked by the K-45 class!

You need to get an ASA membership through our club, Carie has the parperwork.

It's only $35 a year and you get a bi-monthly magazine too.

There is only one ASA left this year, and that is the big dance this coming weekend. By shooting the State you are now qualified to compete in the classic this weekend in Georgia. There is room on the plane for you with Pibb and I!

The ASA shoots start in the end of January, this year it was Gainesville, FL. We go cheap and split costs of rental car and hotel. This year hotel+airfare+rental car with 4 of us spliting was under $300 each.

I bet you would hate to leave KC in the dead of winter to walk around in the palmettos shooting your bow in a short-sleeved shirt
Old 07-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
McCann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntelk View Post
You need to get an ASA membership through our club, Carie has the parperwork.

It's only $35 a year and you get a bi-monthly magazine too.

There is only one ASA left this year, and that is the big dance this coming weekend. By shooting the State you are now qualified to compete in the classic this weekend in Georgia. There is room on the plane for you with Pibb and I!

The ASA shoots start in the end of January, this year it was Gainesville, FL. We go cheap and split costs of rental car and hotel. This year hotel+airfare+rental car with 4 of us spliting was under $300 each.

I bet you would hate to leave KC in the dead of winter to walk around in the palmettos shooting your bow in a short-sleeved shirt

I have already talke to the wife about it. True to form her comment was "why THAT part of Florida?" gotta love her! We will talk.

Marc
Old 07-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
Huntelk

The weather is about the only cool part about that area. The drive from Jacksonville is about as non-scenic as it gets too.

I have not heard anyone say they wanted to go back there. Florida has a lot to offer and I love going there in the middle of the winter, but is sure would be nice if they found a better part of the state.

Who wants to go to the home of the stinkin' Gators anyway