Default How many here have ever placed in the top 3 in a ASA Pro am

ASA only and Im not talking about Cabelas or any of them

What class and what place?

I have never placed higher than fourth.

DB
Old 07-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Devine Shot

Devine Shot is on a distinguished road

Man It felt good Just recently at Metropolis I tied for second place First and only time on stage........It was Awesome.........

Hunter Division
Devine Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
Earl Fouraker

Earl Fouraker is on a distinguished road

I placed 5th at the classic in Open C...Finished 1st, and 2nd in the Sims also at the classic with 18, and 16 up..

I feel pretty good about it. I had never even shot a 3D target before January of this year. Come on 2010!
Earl Fouraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter is on a distinguished road

I just tied for 3rd in Unlimited class at the classic and got 1st in the sims at Metro

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
A.S.A. IL. State Director
CSS Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #5
okarcher
Bow In Hand!

okarcher is on a distinguished road

I've placed in the top 3 and won a couple in Open B and Semi pro.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #6
J.A.G.

J.A.G. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to J.A.G.

nope. 5th is my best. My goal was to be in the top ten, so i'm real happy with 5th
Old 07-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #7
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Very impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Fouraker View Post
I placed 5th at the classic in Open C...Finished 1st, and 2nd in the Sims also at the classic with 18, and 16 up..

I feel pretty good about it. I had never even shot a 3D target before January of this year. Come on 2010!
Thats is amazing to win so quickly
DB
Old 07-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #8
buckdeer10
father of world champion

buckdeer10 is on a distinguished road

Last year in Metropolis, 1st shoot after moving from Open C to Open B, got 3rd place. This year my top 5 shoots were (7th, 11th, 8th, 8th, 10th) and 16th in the Classic. This was consistent enough to win Shooter of the Year in Open B by 14 points. I was SUPER happy, hope I can do 1/2 as well in Open A next year
buckdeer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #9
ba3darcher

ba3darcher is on a distinguished road

placed 3rd in unlimited asa texas pro am 2007, won sims as senior pro this year
ba3darcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #10
luvcamogirl
Elisha Plum

luvcamogirl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to luvcamogirl
Default Meet my Goal

I placed 1st in Metropolis in women bowhunter in '08 and 1st in Texas, 2nd in Kentucky and Metropolis this year in womens open. I meet my goal for this year and wanting to get away from the known distance so watch for me in shootdowns next year, moooooovvvvving on up and hoping to make my fellow okies proud next year.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #11
DeluxeRaider
SEMI

DeluxeRaider is on a distinguished road

I have not done any better than 21st this year in Semi-Pro, but did finish 10up and took second place in the semi-pro SIMS in Texas this year...
Old 07-28-2009, 09:48 PM   #12
Daniel Boone

Default Thats awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckdeer10 View Post
Last year in Metropolis, 1st shoot after moving from Open C to Open B, got 3rd place. This year my top 5 shoots were (7th, 11th, 8th, 8th, 10th) and 16th in the Classic. This was consistent enough to win Shooter of the Year in Open B by 14 points. I was SUPER happy, hope I can do 1/2 as well in Open A next year
Shooter of year is just an awesome award. Shows total committment and dedication all year. Open B is no easy class and always has good shooters.
DB
Old 07-28-2009, 09:50 PM   #13
jame

jame is on a distinguished road

2-3rd place finishes and 4-1st place finishes this year in the Semipro class. Took 1st in the shooter of the year this year. Had a great time and I thank God for it cause I really wasnt sure how well I would do after a 6 year lay off.
jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:28 AM   #14
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

It is really wonderful and I am very glad for you that ya'll have made such great accomplishments in archery
and I wish you greater ones in the future
But for someone to post this type of post that leaves out 90% of the folks here is really unthoughtful to those feelings who have not nor can not attain such heights of accomplishments in life
again this is not to ridicule those who have done so splendidly and spent the time to do it

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:34 AM   #15
grizz49
Old Archer

grizz49 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Placing 4th

DB,

This reminds me of a story a Friend of mine told me. He said what do call a person who finish 25th in his medical school class? (answer DOCTOR) I guess this means you are pretty dawn good! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
grizz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:12 AM   #16
dicksenn
14 Ring for Me!

dicksenn is on a distinguished road

I placed first in Hattiesburg and Metropolis last year in Open B. Won a couple of sims too.
dicksenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:56 AM   #17
nccrutch

nccrutch is on a distinguished road

I've got a 2nd in Gainesville, and a 3rd in London. I was tickled to death! Both were in Open B.

My son has a 1st in Young Adult, and a 3rd in Open C. He is only 17.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #18
Daniel Boone

Default Holy Smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
It is really wonderful and I am very glad for you that ya'll have made such great accomplishments in archery
But for someone to post this type of post that leaves out 90% of the folks here is really unthoughtful to those feelings who have not nor can not attain such heights of accomplishments in life
again this is not to ridicule those who have done so splendidly and spent the time to do it
This thread should tell many it can be achieved. But nothing comes easy on this level. Tournament archers are very dedicated to there sport. Often most of these guys started as non tournament archers. Matter of fact Richard (Dicksenn) here started shooting 3d because I met him at a hunting show. Now he has won a ASA Pro am. It can be accomplished! Takes nothing away from anyone who has never attended this type of event.
DB
Old 07-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #19
BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post

Smokes, sadly this is what this forum has turned into.It is now a look at me and who I know forum, look at who I shoot for, look at my sponsors, boy am I a great person forum.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #20
Daniel Boone

Default Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTECHER View Post
Smokes, sadly this is what this forum has turned into.It is now a look at me and who I know forum, look at who I shoot for, look at my sponsors, boy am I a great person forum.

Why dont you post something! No one has ever stopped anyone from posting anything here. You or Smokes are more than welcomed to post anything. I think anyone here will gladly join any thread you posts.
Actually went and saw you posted 115 posts. Many of us have joined them. So your posts are fine and other are not is this correct?
DB

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 07-29-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #21
BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
Why dont you post something! No one has ever stopped anyone from posting anything here. You or Smokes are more than welcomed to post anything. I think anyone here will gladly join any thread you posts.
DB
There is no need to, I can look through a couple pages of this section and see that the people posting that are not in the "clique" have little or no responses to their threads. If they are not talking about ASA, tourney shooting or winning trophies they get bypassed. Some threads have 0 posts. This is shocking considering there are so many "members" on here that know "so much".
Old 07-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #22
Daniel Boone

Default Really

Quote:
There is no need to, I can look through a couple pages of this section and see that the people posting that are not in the "clique" have little or no responses to their threads. If they are not talking about ASA, tourney shooting or winning trophies they get bypassed. Some threads have 0 posts. This is shocking considering there are so many "members" on here that know "so much".
I just went and looked at many threads here. Nothing about ASA. Bottomline is if you dont like it dont open it like you said. Post anything you want here. Tournament seasons almost over and all us will be in the hunting section. Chris doesnt sensor threads here. Everyone can post openly anything they want. I highly say to you post anything and everthing you want. I see members here helping everday. Many good threads besides tournament.
DB

Explain to me what you would like to see posted here. Maybe we can all help post what you want!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #23
Devine Shot

So is this site supposed to be narrow minded and just be about the technical aspect of archery if so would not be many using it. Dan is right We work hard and make tons of friends along the way all across North America and when one of our friends does well this is a great site to show how excited we are for them..

Would love to shoot with you guys sometime and you will learn we are not arrogant because we will have fun and celebrate any great shots anyone makes. Even if it is the guy that kicking my butt or someone struggling. it can be a tough sport so we just flat out have a good time, sorry you do not enjoy hearing about someone doing well, I guess we need to adopt the little league process of everyone won first place......Lets just finish the wussifiction of America.

Last edited by Devine Shot; 07-29-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:04 AM   #24
dicksenn
14 Ring for Me!

dicksenn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devine Shot View Post
......Lets just finish the wussifiction of America.
LOL, that's sad but true.

Here is an idea, maybe instead of having a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, we should just give everybody a participation medal. That way we don't hurt anybody's feelings along the way. I'm sure that would really boost the sport.
dicksenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #25
mathewsgirl13
Pinky

mathewsgirl13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post
LOL, that's sad but true.

Here is an idea, maybe instead of having a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, we should just give everybody a participation medal. That way we don't hurt anybody's feelings along the way. I'm sure that would really boost the sport.
Then I want my participation medal because I haven't placed higher in a Pro-Am than 15th and I was damn proud of that!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #26
DeluxeRaider
SEMI

Quote:

Well...in case you did not read my thread. I never finished higher than 21st at a Pro/Am in the Semi-Pro class. I had my best shoot at London with 9 down. I am damn proud of those accomplishments and never took this thread to be anything other than for archers to post how they did this year...

DB did not make any shootdowns in the Senior Pro class, so I can not see this as him BRAGGING.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #27
Devine Shot

What? you got your medal last year and and nice hand full of cash here at the CCA. That should hold you over till ya make stage, cause I know you got it in ya to win one.......
Old 07-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #28
Gotcha Nock Jim

Gotcha Nock Jim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm 57 yrs old,have been in many shooting clubs of all types,rifle,muzzleloader,skeet,pistol sillouette.NEVER have I met a finer group of people than ARCHERS.I think because it takes a certain type of person to even try to accomplish something with a shooting instrument that requires so much maintance, tuning, and practice! ARROGANCE? I think you find more arrogance in a church chior!I know very few archers top to bottom that aren't more than willing to help thier fellow man. WE ARE a very competitive group granted, WE DO pat fellow archers on the back, we don't toot our own horn!WE LOVE to talk about ANY archery, local, or otherwise. PLEASE TRY to get to know some of these fine people before passing judgement!
Gotcha Nock Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #29
CutTheLoop

CutTheLoop will become famous soon enoughCutTheLoop will become famous soon enough

Close a couple times. Still in pursuit.

Crawl, Walk, Run.

Last edited by CutTheLoop; 07-29-2009 at 11:38 AM.
CutTheLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #30
DeluxeRaider
SEMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
Close a couple times. Still in pursuit.

Crawl, Walk, Run.

I am still in the crawl stage...
Old 07-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #31
jame

jame is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So is this site supposed to be narrow minded and just be about the technical aspect of archery if so would not be many using it. Dan is right We work hard and make tons of friends along the way all across North America and when one of our friends does well this is a great site to show how excited we are for them..

Would love to shoot with you guys sometime and you will learn we are not arrogant because we will have fun and celebrate any great shots anyone makes. Even if it is the guy that kicking my butt or someone struggling. it can be a tough sport so we just flat out have a good time, sorry you do not enjoy hearing about someone doing well, I guess we need to adopt the little league process of everyone won first place......Lets just finish the wussifiction of America.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Thats what I am talking about.
jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #32
Daniel Boone

Default Well said Mike

Quote:

Mike here is an excellant guy that films hunts. I look forward to this season and him giving some of us good tips. He is a good hunter as well. Most of us are hunters first and tournament second. This is called 3dshoots.com and there really is nothing wrong with congradulating archers on there success and failures which is most my tournaments
DB
Old 07-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #33
CutTheLoop

CutTheLoop will become famous soon enoughCutTheLoop will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Amen

Thankfully, I have yet to see any tee-ball Moms show up at a shoot.

CutTheLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #34
buckdeer10
father of world champion

buckdeer10 is on a distinguished road
Default well

Quote:

Do you hunt, fish, golf, play ball, pitch horseshoes? Have you ever shown anyone a picture or told them about a successful trip or outing?....... maybe not. Usually if someone has done something well they will share it with friends, not bragging, just making conversation. Isn't that the way life goes, maybe not .
buckdeer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #35
mathewsgirl13
Pinky

Quote:
What? you got your medal last year and and nice hand full of cash here at the CCA. That should hold you over till ya make stage, cause I know you got it in ya to win one.......
That's right!! And I am coming back again this year to defend my title!!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #36
mathewsgirl13
Pinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeRaider View Post
I am still in the crawl stage...
me too... well the pull up stage anyway!!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:56 AM   #37
Gotcha Nock Jim

Gotcha Nock Jim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewsgirl13 View Post
Then I want my participation medal because I haven't placed higher in a Pro-Am than 15th and I was damn proud of that!!!

I shot in a tournament once,They flighted it, 1st pl trophy went to 10th pl, 2nd pl trophy went to #20, so on . guess who got the 1st pl trophy, never was so ashamed of a trophy, knowing the 9 shooters that beat me got messed around. THATS the kind of thinking some consider fair. I would've been more proud of a 10 pl trophy!
Gotcha Nock Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:43 PM   #38
J.A.G.

J.A.G. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to J.A.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewsgirl13 View Post
That's right!! And I am coming back again this year to defend my title!!
we'll see about that.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #39
luvcamogirl
Elisha Plum

luvcamogirl is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to luvcamogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha Nock Jim View Post
.NEVER have I met a finer group of people than ARCHERS.I think because it takes a certain type of person to even try to accomplish something with a shooting instrument that requires so much maintance, tuning, and practice! ARROGANCE? I think you find more arrogance in a church chior!I know very few archers top to bottom that aren't more than willing to help thier fellow man. WE ARE a very competitive group granted, WE DO pat fellow archers on the back, we don't toot our own horn!WE LOVE to talk about ANY archery, local, or otherwise. PLEASE TRY to get to know some of these fine people before passing judgement!
I second that Big Daddy, we in our archer family is proud of all our members and can't wait to give them a big pat on the back or a hug when they accomplish their goal. Isn't that what 3d is all about anyway, accomplishing our goals and being proud of it or someone else when they reach their goal. I LOVE all me 3d friends I have meet over the last 2 years and really do consider them FAMILY and so proud of everyone of them and wish them well everytime before we go shoot. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have that connection with the archery family because it's one of the best feeling you can have when you are competing against one another and still are the best of friends.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #40
mathewsgirl13
Pinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvcamogirl View Post
I second that Big Daddy, we in our archer family is proud of all our members and can't wait to give them a big pat on the back or a hug when they accomplish their goal. Isn't that what 3d is all about anyway, accomplishing our goals and being proud of it or someone else when they reach their goal. I LOVE all me 3d friends I have meet over the last 2 years and really do consider them FAMILY and so proud of everyone of them and wish them well everytime before we go shoot. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have that connection with the archery family because it's one of the best feeling you can have when you are competing against one another and still are the best of friends.
to that sister!! I feel the exact same way! I have always said, I have met more true friends and lifelong friends through archery than anywhere else!