Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 07-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #41
hunter2678

hunter2678 is on a distinguished road

I have a few times...yes...
Old 07-29-2009, 06:52 PM   #42
MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 is on a distinguished road

I know that this is a "General" topic section and is for "general" subjects but to make everyone happy why not post all tournament threads under the tournament topic header which has been set aside specifically for tournaments. That way those that are interested in tournaments can go to their desired area and those that aren't wouldn't have to scroll thru a bunch of threads that are of no interest to them. I mean after all that is what the tournament header was put there for.

I just checked and just about a half of these threads on this first page should be (or could be) placed under the "Tournament Discussion" header.

Last edited by MoSkeeter0311; 07-29-2009 at 06:56 PM.
MoSkeeter0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #43
master Cleatus
Jerry Whittington

master Cleatus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter2678 View Post
I have a few times...yes...

same as above...has been a while though...not shoot any asa's for about 4 years. Also Have a few top 3's in other 3-D orgs....
master Cleatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #44
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Explain to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoSkeeter0311 View Post
I know that this is a "General" topic section and is for "general" subjects but to make everyone happy why not post all tournament threads under the tournament topic header which has been set aside specifically for tournaments. That way those that are interested in tournaments can go to their desired area and those that aren't wouldn't have to scroll thru a bunch of threads that are of no interest to them. I mean after all that is what the tournament header was put there for.

I just checked and just about a half of these threads on this first page should be (or could be) placed under the "Tournament Discussion" header.
What are you going to talk about in the general section? I can go count for you and tell you there alot more threads not about tournament in general.
Tournament season is ending.

Lets see some of these threads you want! Start a few threads. Lets see all these non tournament threads.
DB

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 07-29-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:20 PM   #45
MoSkeeter0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
What are you going to talk about in the general section? I can go count for you and tell you there alot more threads not about tournament in general.
Tournament season is ending.

Lets see some of these threads you want! Start a few threads. Lets see all these non tournament threads.
DB
Hey, Don't get your bowels in an uproar. Didn't mean to step on the almighty DB's toes. I was just making a suggestion where there would be an amicable solution to a problem before it grew. Darn Son Get off your High Horse. There is a section strictly for Tournaments, why not use it?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:24 PM   #46
Daniel Boone

Default Why not just post what you want here

Quote:
Hey, Don't get your bowels in an uproar. Didn't mean to step on the almighty DB's toes. I was just making a suggestion where there would be an amicable solution to a problem before it grew. Darn Son Get off your High Horse. There is a section strictly for Tournaments, why not use it?
No bowels here. Im saying post anything you want here. Everyone keeps talking about posting. Do it and let tournament shooters post here as well.
You open this up for disscussion. Now Im saying what are you going to post here? Seems like a pretty simple question. My thread here and I quess if your going to hijack it I can ask what your intentions are. I did not dissrespect you in any form. I would appreciate the same.
DB
Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #47
MoSkeeter0311

Quote:
No bowels here. Im saying post anything you want here. Everyone keeps talking about posting. Do it and let tournament shooters post here as well.
You open this up for disscussion. Now Im saying what are you going to post here? Seems like a pretty simple question. My thread here and I quess if your going to hijack it I can ask what your intentions are. I did not dissrespect you in any form. I would appreciate the same.
DB
Sorry didn't mean to highjack your thread. All I was trying to do was head off the tournament/ non-tournament argument before it got going. But in my humble opinion the "General" tab is for all archery related subjects NOT covered by any other specific dedicated tab such as the WHOLE SECTION dedicated to tournaments. But then again as it is a general tab I guess all the hunters should just post all their stories and questions under "General" and all the "Newbies should just ask their questions here and we mught as well sell our stuff under the general tab, I mean it is a "GENERAL" tab and we really don't need to use the others. But then I guess those sections coulld be used for like-minded people to pursue their own interests without scrolling thru stuff that doesn't interest them. Gee, Actually using dedicated sections for interests in what they are intended for...WoW what a novel idea......
Old 07-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #48
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
This thread should tell many it can be achieved. But nothing comes easy on this level. Tournament archers are very dedicated to there sport. Often most of these guys started as non tournament archers. Matter of fact Richard (Dicksenn) here started shooting 3d because I met him at a hunting show. Now he has won a ASA Pro am. It can be accomplished! Takes nothing away from anyone who has never attended this type of event.
DB
I have been there in the mid 80's before we had ASA won the local champ and took 5th in open at a 1200 shooter contest call Union grove Bowhunter jamboree took 7th 2 years ago at a r100
Yes it can cause some to strive let's please have courstey for those who cannot do it
a real competior knows his accomplishments and needs not to toot his own horn
the only reason I posted mine was to prove was to let you know where I knew where I was coming from

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #49
Daniel Boone

Default General sections

Quote:
Sorry didn't mean to highjack your thread. All I was trying to do was head off the tournament/ non-tournament argument before it got going. But in my humble opinion the "General" tab is for all archery related subjects NOT covered by any other specific dedicated tab such as the WHOLE SECTION dedicated to tournaments. But then again as it is a general tab I guess all the hunters should just post all their stories and questions under "General" and all the "Newbies should just ask their questions here and we mught as well sell our stuff under the general tab, I mean it is a "GENERAL" tab and we really don't need to use the others. But then I guess those sections coulld be used for like-minded people to pursue their own interests without scrolling thru stuff that doesn't interest them. Gee, Actually using dedicated sections for interests in what they are intended for...WoW what a novel idea......
Many forums use it for broad range of things. Tournament being one of them. Like I said the tournament trail is coming to an end. Bad thing is often if someone dont posts something. It becomes a place where nobody comes and numbers dwindle down. My suggestion is everyone start posting something of interest besides tournament. Im easy and got a few ideas.
If 3dshoots get to large your idea may have to be enforced. Everyone hear should be able to scroll a few pages and often that is all it takes in general.
Lets get to posting anything but tournament stuff. You can be the first. You take pictures, let see some pictures of archery related stuff.
DB

Here you go lets talk bow axle length.

http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26471

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 07-29-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #50
CutTheLoop

CutTheLoop will become famous soon enoughCutTheLoop will become famous soon enough

wow........

CutTheLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #51
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:

If you aren't interested in tournament archery, why are you on a forum named 3-D Shoots dot com....

Just wondering out loud...
Old 07-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #52
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
If you aren't interested in tournament archery, why are you on a forum named 3-D Shoots dot com.... :biggrin 1:

Just wondering out loud...:no idea: :no idea:
maybe he is looking for some fraternity after all he is a Nam era Khe sanh Marine
of course that may be abstract to some but only 15 of his unit walked out
he was one of the blessed ones

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Last edited by Holy Smokes; 07-29-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #53
J.A.G.

J.A.G. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to J.A.G.

why do you have to make this place resemble AT?
Didn't use to be so much bickering here.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #54
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
why do you have to make this place resemble AT?
Didn't use to be so much bickering here.
seems at was brought here jag

Old 07-30-2009, 06:29 AM   #55
Daniel Boone

Default You mean you were never a member at AT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
seems at was brought here jag
Holy Smokes AT is not here. This is 3dshoots.com

Jag the bickering here is nothing like AT and 3dshoots.com is doing well.

Holy Smokes will stop posting tournament now that the seasons over except for the IBO worlds.

I want to see these posts from you and others in the general.
DB
Old 07-30-2009, 06:46 AM   #56
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

Quote:
maybe he is looking for some fraternity after all he is a Nam era Khe sanh Marine
of course that may be abstract to some but only 15 of his unit walked out
he was one of the blessed ones
Well that and a buck 50 will get him a cup of coffee in some places.... but I got to ask what does his service record have to do with archery..
Old 07-30-2009, 06:55 AM   #57
BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well that and a buck 50 will get him a cup of coffee in some places.... but I got to ask what does his service record have to do with archery..
That's just straight disrespect.!
Old 07-30-2009, 06:58 AM   #58
BOWTECHER

Quote:
If you aren't interested in tournament archery, why are you on a forum named 3-D Shoots dot com....

Just wondering out loud...
Wow, did it take long to come up with this post?? Like Skeeter said, General section and Tourn. section. Not hard to figure out. When people want to see general archery threads they have to wade through all the "look at me ,I am so great threads".
Old 07-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #59
JAVI

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTECHER View Post
That's just straight disrespect.!
Not really… just honesty; service in the military is not a free pass…
Old 07-30-2009, 07:01 AM   #60
BOWTECHER

Quote:
No one said it is, but respect is due. Do you work for ACORN?? Spoken like a true liberal who takes his freedom as free.!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:02 AM   #61
JAVI

Quote:
Wow, did it take long to come up with this post?? Like Skeeter said, General section and Tourn. section. Not hard to figure out. When people want to see general archery threads they have to wade through all the "look at me ,I am so great threads".
you ever see me post a look how great I am thread...
Old 07-30-2009, 07:03 AM   #62
JAVI

Quote:
No one said it is, but respect is due. Do you work for ACORN?? Spoken like a true liberal who takes his freedom as free.!
yeah... I'm a liberal

No... I'm just old enough to be honest

Last edited by JAVI; 07-30-2009 at 07:06 AM.
JAVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #63
BOWTECHER

Quote:
you ever see me post a look how great I am thread...
"Well I've already been on a hunting show" ring a bell.??
Old 07-30-2009, 07:08 AM   #64
JAVI

Quote:
"Well I've already been on a hunting show" ring a bell.??
I fail to see how answering with first hand information is ringing my on bell... but maybe you've got a problem... what are you about 20
Old 07-30-2009, 07:08 AM   #65
Daniel Boone

Default Your 100% wrong

Quote:
If you think those threads are all about me threads. Many of us are like family here. Tournament archery is something you obviously know nothing about. Sports have always congradulated each other whether it be here or media. I notice your one to throw insults to other members here often. I dont want you to ever post any pictures of your deer. That would be all about me threads Chris is doing a fine job here allowing tournament threads in general. Lets let Chris decide whats best for this forum because its growing all the time and thats a good thing. I suppose you would want me to post my tournament pictures in the tournament section. I would assume you think there all about me as well. Even considering I dont like my picture taken. I think the majority here likes this place just like it!
DB
DB
Old 07-30-2009, 07:12 AM   #66
BOWTECHER

Quote:
If you think those threads are all about me threads. Many of us are like family here. Tournament archery is something you obviously know nothing about. Sports have always congradulated each other whether it be here or media. I notice your one to throw insults to other members here often. I dont want you to ever post any pictures of your deer. That would be all about me threads Chris is doing a fine job here allowing tournament threads in general. Lets let Chris decide whats best for this forum because its growing all the time and thats a good thing. I suppose you would want me to post my tournament pictures in the tournament section. I would assume you think there all about me as well. Even considering I dont like my picture taken. I think the majority here likes this place just like it!
DB
DB
General Archery-Tournament Archery. Simple
Old 07-30-2009, 07:16 AM   #67
Daniel Boone

Default Simple is!

Quote:
General Archery-Tournament Archery. Simple

Not your forum. Chris knows what he wants here and can handle it.

Javi does more here answering pms and helping others than you will ever do.
He damn sure not about him or he would still be over at AT.

I read your threads and all I see is about me or insults.

Reep what you sew!
DB

Here thread of yours about tournament. Its in the general.

So its ok for you but not others, not hard to figure you out.
But it did obviously show how you truly feel about tournament archery. Maybe you should open a club and run it and just see how easy it is.

Link

http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24530

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 07-30-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:20 AM   #68
hunter2678

Quote:
Originally Posted by master Cleatus View Post
same as above...has been a while though...not shoot any asa's for about 4 years. Also Have a few top 3's in other 3-D orgs....
I was completely Jokin MC...Im full of it at least in terms of ASA finishes.. !!

Last edited by hunter2678; 07-30-2009 at 07:23 AM.
hunter2678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:22 AM   #69
BOWTECHER

Quote:
Not your forum. Chris knows what he wants here and can handle it.

Javi does more here answering pms and helping others than you will ever do.
He damn sure not about him or he would still be over at AT.

I read your threads and all I see is about me or insults.

Reep what you sew!
DB
You are wrong, but I see that your last activity was reporting a post. I guess playing tattle tale when someone voices their opposing opinion is how you roll. And I really do not have a problem with any of you, just a differing opinion and I posted it, that's what happens on a forum from time to time. The fact that someone questioned you seems to be the problem.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:29 AM   #70
Holy Smokes

Quote:
Really and do you speak from experince
have you ever held your buddys guts in till the corpman got there
or seen you mates head blown off and heard the cry's for momma
ask Mo bout that
Semper Fi Mo

Old 07-30-2009, 07:30 AM   #71
Daniel Boone

Default I read your posts

Quote:
You are wrong, but I see that your last activity was reporting a post. I guess playing tattle tale when someone voices their opposing opinion is how you roll. And I really do not have a problem with any of you, just a differing opinion and I posted it, that's what happens on a forum from time to time. The fact that someone questioned you seems to be the problem.

Most were complighning about this and insulting good members here. Your not worth the time. Any member here can go read your posts and understand it completely. Its obvious you got promblems. Majority likes the place just like it is.
DB
Old 07-30-2009, 07:30 AM   #72
BOWTECHER

Quote:
ask Mo bout that
Semper Fi Mo
Old 07-30-2009, 07:31 AM   #73
BOWTECHER

Quote:
Most were complighning about this and insulting good members here. Your not worth the time. Any member here can go read your posts and understand it completely. Its obvious you got promblems. Majority likes the place just like it is.
DB

So sayeth the shephard
Old 07-30-2009, 07:36 AM   #74
Daniel Boone

Default Read the rules here

Quote:
So sayeth the shephard

You apparently have not read them because you continue to insult members here.
DB

Like the one that says no thread hijacking as well. Make your own thread if you got a promblem here. I feel you guys took a good thread and turn it into this crap. Go start your own and do avoid mine from now on.
DB

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 07-30-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:40 AM   #75
BOWTECHER

Quote:
DB

With all the knowledge and know how that you do have. That is not an insult by the way and I do believe that you are a very knowledgeable person on here. How come you don't post much in the beginner section? You could probably help some of these folks out a lot!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:41 AM   #76
Holy Smokes

Quote:
DB

Like the one that says no thread hijacking as well. Make your own thread if you got a promblem here. I feel you guys took a good thread and turn it into this crap. Go start your own and do avoid mine from now on.
DB
I do believe there is one bout using curse words as well
small infringements as hijacking and such ain't no problem also do the rules speak about belittling folks
and yes Chris is one of the coolest admins ever

Old 07-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #77
Daniel Boone

Default Report me

Quote:
I do believe there is one bout using curse words as well
small infringements as hijacking and such ain't no problem also do the rules speak about belittling folks
and yes Chris is one of the coolest admins ever

Im fine and you are the one that truly started this thread hijacking.

You dont like tournament archery in general. Start your own thread about it.

DB
Old 07-30-2009, 07:48 AM   #78
hunter2678

Ok fellas....
Keyboard Cowboy time is over...
And for you Vietnam Vets, I've got nothing but the highest regards for you guys.... All the way...
Old 07-30-2009, 07:50 AM   #79
Daniel Boone

Default Do a search

Quote:
With all the knowledge and know how that you do have. That is not an insult by the way and I do believe that you are a very knowledgeable person on here. How come you don't post much in the beginner section? You could probably help some of these folks out a lot!
I have posted there. I have helped many there with my time and money. Often it done in pms because guys like you say its tooting my own horn I have sent items at my cost to beginners there. Any more questions?

DB
Old 07-30-2009, 07:54 AM   #80
Daniel Boone

Default Lets disscuss this

Quote:
ask Mo bout that
Semper Fi Mo
I volunteered in 1976 because I thought it was the right thing to do and support are troops. Now understand Im a high school athlete at 255lbs with three wrestling schlorships but cant get accepted in the milatary.
I continue to support troops.

For you to say we as an americans dont understand what servicemen go through is an insult to many of us who do support them. I often see this in the ex servicmen.
DB