Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Manufacturer Announcements and Press Releases

Old 08-18-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Game cameras Moultree Infra red review

I had good luck with these last year. Purchase them for under $200.00.

Thought it was a good value

Link

http://www.moultriefeeders.com/produ...id=mfh-dgs-i40
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mfh-dgs-i40.jpg (13.0 KB, 80 views)
Old 08-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #2
grizz49
Old Archer

grizz49 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Cameras

Very well built, almost to a Mil Spec Quality! the shutter speed could be a little faster. I have one I have been using since last year also. There is one on a tree up north as we speak. There is also a new Cuddeback IR running also. This weekend I will be able to check out the results. Also new Bino's (VORTEX) came in, I will test them this weekend also. Fun Stuff!!!!!!!!
09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.
grizz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:55 PM   #3
jame

jame is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz49 View Post
Very well built, almost to a Mil Spec Quality! the shutter speed could be a little faster. I have one I have been using since last year also. There is one on a tree up north as we speak. There is also a new Cuddeback IR running also. This weekend I will be able to check out the results. Also new Bino's (VORTEX) came in, I will test them this weekend also. Fun Stuff!!!!!!!!
I sure hope you dont have any trouble with your Cuddeback. It seams like every 2 years I have to send my cudde's off to get worked on. I had to spend $125 last year to have my IR fixed and I be danged if it didnt quit working again. Less than a year later. I called them and they said it would cost me another $125 to get it fixed or I can spend $150 to upgrade to one of the new capture cameras that sale for around $200. Sure dont make any sense to me when I spent over $400 for the camera and then another $125 on it getting it fixed. Before all said and done I will around $700 in this camera and I have a expert that I have to get fixed to thats gonna cost me $125 to get fixed. Cudde's warranty dept and there customer service sucks IMO. There are alot of us on the lease that use Cuddeback but not anymore. We all have started using the Moultrie's with great success and there warranty is alot better to deal with.
Good luck on hunting and your cameras.
Jame Jamison

Last edited by jame; 08-18-2009 at 11:57 PM.
jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #4
okarcher
Bow In Hand!

okarcher is on a distinguished road

Have to agree with Jame on that one. Because of their warranty and how often they quit working I won't buy another cuddeback. I had a brand new excite it didn't work from day one and they were going to charge me $75 to fix or a $100 for an upgrade thats just horrible warranties and too many that I have talked to have had the same problems out of them. On the other hand my moultrie lasted 7 years without a problem I believe it was worth the $89 bucks I paid for it instead of the over $200 for the cuddeback, make that over $300 since I had to have a brand new camera upgraded to work.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
grizz49
Old Archer

grizz49 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Cameras

I know that Cuddeback has had some problems, a weather seal issue as well as some card problems. The unit I have running right now is the new Capture
IR supposedly totally redesigned for this year. It went on a tree in Northern Michigan two weeks ago. Soon I will see if there is trouble. I have two models
from Moultrie. One is the older flash model, and the newer IR model like DB showed a pic of. Both these cams have worked well. However they could be a little faster.
09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.
grizz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

I've been hearing great things about the Scoutguard Covert II series.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote