Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 10-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
SpiritOfTheWild

SpiritOfTheWild is on a distinguished road
Default Deer

Can somebody fedex a buck to my stand? lol Im huntin mornings and evenings, loggin plenty hours, smack dab between the bedding area, the field their eating in, and even a water source, I know for a fact theirs bucks in the area, they just seem to be almost already nocturnal, any suggestions would be appreciated nothin but 1 doe so far, lookin for bucks, the points
chris
Old 10-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
SpiritOfTheWild

SpiritOfTheWild is on a distinguished road

Buck activity seems to have slowed down, bucks i once seen all hours of the day are now primarily nocturnal, they walk under my stand before daylight too dark to shoot, or right at or after dark sticking tight to the cutover, havent had a deer bust me, just dont understand why their so hard to pattern now, when a month before bow season, 3 bucks in the food plot at mid day..
Old 10-27-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

I'll send you a tracking number as soon as you paypal my account.

I don't know about where you live but the fun should start anytime now. The first week of November is prime time for the bucks to start lookin an chasing does. It's a good time to spend all day on the stand.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOfTheWild View Post
Can somebody fedex a buck to my stand? lol Im huntin mornings and evenings, loggin plenty hours, smack dab between the bedding area, the field their eating in, and even a water source, I know for a fact theirs bucks in the area, they just seem to be almost already nocturnal, any suggestions would be appreciated nothin but 1 doe so far, lookin for bucks, the points
chris
hold close to those aras for the rut is starting up and those bucks will be looing for tha does at those p;laces
try not to put to much pressure(days in a row ) on them

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Myself

I would be moving my stand.

I dont sit to many days that I dont see deer.

But figure its just Oct and the fun begins Nov 1.
DB
Old 10-27-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
jdawg240
BOWNUTS

jdawg240 is on a distinguished road

I haven't been in a tree for 5 days now It's killing me but it will be worth it come next week. Patience
Old 10-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #7
grizz49
Old Archer

grizz49 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Its Hard to Say!

Because none of us here on this site is hunting with you its really hard to say what might be going on. But from experience here are some things to consider. Hunting the same stand day after day is very difficult unless you take all the precautions to elimate your scent profile. Bucks right now are getting ready for the first rut activity, and the bachleor type buck groups will be dissapearing. Have you paid close attention to wind, have you been busted and maybe not real sure. In our neck of the woods the distant blow from an old mature doe will alert the deer that she has winded you, sending up the danger signal to all the deer in the area. After that its only night time activity or very cautious movement by day. The last two years I have personally been using scent control products and clothing, and keeping it a scent tight bag. I use a Primos bow sling and then spray that down. I have had deer spot me in the tree but without the good nose full of HUMAN STINK, they return to feeding. Just a few thinks to think about good luck Buddy!
09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.
grizz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
WCH

WCH is on a distinguished road

Seems as if the Buck activity has slowed down in Southeastern Kentucky, at least until last night I hope it picks up for you.