Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 10-12-2006, 07:12 AM   #1
Straightandtrue67

Straightandtrue67 is on a distinguished road
Default Hoyt Customer service.

Just visited my local bow shop yesterday and asked them if they carry Hoyt bows or if I could order one through them and they said that they didn't sell or order Hoyt bows anymore due to the poor customer service they provided for both its customers and the bow store itself. My local shop only sells Mathews and PSC bows (this is the same shop I ordered my Mathews Switchback from). From this statement, I may not be getting a bow from Hoyt at all. Can other Hoyt bow users give me any feedback on how Hoyt treats its customers and warranty repairs on its bows? I really wanted to pick up a Hoyt Trykon as a second bow.

Thanks and God Bless,

Ed

-E Duffy Sr.
(1946-1993)

Bowtech Guardian (29" DL, 63 lbs.)
Bows Owned:
Mathews Switchback/Switchback XT
Hoyt Trykon/Vulcan
Straightandtrue67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:44 AM   #2
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

Man sounds like some B.S. to me! I have had to deal with the customer service before and they are very prompt and took care of my problem right away. If you get a dealer that is cool with his reps, the reps will probably be cool with them. BTW I have a Trykon XL and it is AWESOME!!! Trust me you will love it, Then again maybe not you do shoot a mathews you may be scarred for life now. J/K

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #3
Straightandtrue67

Straightandtrue67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Man sounds like some B.S. to me! I have had to deal with the customer service before and they are very prompt and took care of my problem right away. If you get a dealer that is cool with his reps, the reps will probably be cool with them. BTW I have a Trykon XL and it is AWESOME!!! Trust me you will love it, Then again maybe not you do shoot a mathews you may be scarred for life now. J/K

Thanks for the input sir. I still want a Hoyt Trykon. That is the thing with me, I've never been loyal to any brand (you limit yourself too much by doing this). To be honest, if money permits, I will get the Hoyt Trykon and a Bowtech Tribute. The Mathews shoots great, but I like to get different brands to shoot more extensively at home. To be honest, I would like to get three deers, with each bow. I may, however, wait until the new models come out from Hoyt, Mathews, and Bowtech before I get my next two bows. I'm curious to see how Mathews follows up on the Switchback XT. For some reason I don't see anything ground breaking new to follow up next year after the XT. I like the XT, but I prefer the original Switchback to the XT. You lose 3 FPS with a XT (315) as compared to 318 FPS with the original Switchback. The extra harmonic dampeners added to the XT really don't make that much of a difference to me (I shot the XT, and it is a great shooting bow, but it feels the same as the Switchback to me). Besides, the original Switchback was the all time best selling bow for Mathews. I don't see the XT beating that record anytime soon, especially since the original Switchback is still selling very well. There are just too many great bows to chose from these days. I wish my father was still around today (he passed away back in 1993), he would be loving life to the fullest with some of the great bows there are today. He was a die-hard Browning bow fan, but with all the great companies and compound bow advancements today, even he might have a hard time deciding which to get.

Even for me, the last time I shot a compound bow before I purchased my Mathews Switchback this year was 1989. Back then they didn't have all the high speed sights and the cool wrist trigger release device (I was pulling with the three fingered shooting glove). My shooting accuracy has increased ten fold from those days. I'm not the greatest shot in the world, but on the first day I purchased the bow and brought it home, after an hour of shooting I was putting three arrows center mass, in two inch shot groups at 50 yards. No, BS. It seems a little unfair how easy it is to shoot a bow these days. The deer don't stand a chance.

Take Care and may God Bless all the bow hunters!

Ed

-E Duffy Sr.
(1946-1993)

Bowtech Guardian (29" DL, 63 lbs.)
Bows Owned:
Mathews Switchback/Switchback XT
Hoyt Trykon/Vulcan

Last edited by Straightandtrue67; 10-12-2006 at 08:44 AM.
Straightandtrue67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:29 AM   #4
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

I have a Diamond Victory and a Bowtech Allegiance. My Victory had a cable problem, which caused a major malfunction, and Diamond/Bowtech fixed it with no questions asked. Took about 2 weeks but no hassle otherwise.

A friend of mine has a Hoyt, but I don't know what model. He dropped it and thought one of the limbs split at the axle. He sent it in through his local dealer and Hoyt swapped the limbs out no questions asked, even though he dropped it and was his fault.

I'm not partial either however from my experience some archery shop owners/operators ARE partial since they want you to buy product from them. Archery is not exactly a huge sport like baseball. Companies are doing well to support their customers and dealers since they can't afford not to, in my opinion.

I would challenge the 'advice' you received. If you like the Hoyt, buy it from a reputable dealer that sells them and supports their customers.

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #5
Jay Are

Jay Are will become famous soon enough

I have had an instance of dropping my bow on some rocks and put a slight crack on the limb. Hoyt replaced them through my local shop. I have never had any issues the few times I have called Hoyt and my local shops all seem to have good working relationships with all the major Bow Companies.

If a Hoyt is what you want, I would only buy it from a shop that will support that product.
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:45 AM   #6
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

I've actually heard the exact same thing from a local shop in NE PA. They refuse to deal with Hoyt / Fuse / Easton because of how insanely rude and poor their reginal support and sales staff is. He said everytime he spoke with them they had this massive chip on their shoulder like "how dare you bother me"

He is dumping the Easton line, passed on the Hoyt line, and is dumping the Fuse stuff.

He sells Ross and Elite, not sure if he still sells Elite or not, I hope not, stupid D-elite
Old 10-16-2006, 12:47 AM   #7
phone guy

phone guy is on a distinguished road

The bow shop I deal with deals mainly in Hoyt. Probably 90 percent of their bows are hoyt. I guess that has to say somthing about the company. I don't think he would primarily deal hoyt if they were such a problem to deal with. I know it does take a while when you order a bow. It took me about a month and my wifes about the same time.
phone guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #8
Ronhop
RIP

Ronhop is on a distinguished road

My shop sells Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, Bear and Bowtech/Diamond. They also sell Easton products. I was over there yesterday picking up a couple of things and asked the owner if he had problems with support from any of their major suppliers and he said no. He iterated that Easton, Hoyt and Bowtech were the best manufacturers to work with that he has ever sold. He also said Mathews was very good to work with but he's only been a Mathews dealer for a short time and did not have a lot of experience getting support from them.

Maybe it depends on the personality of the people asking for support. Act like an a** and get treated like an a**...

Just a thought.

Ron
Ronhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

when I ran the shop at the place I used to work at, we sold hoyt and pse.....pse by far had better customer service and went out of there way to keep the customer happy.....hoyt on the other hand was always very short and uncarring w/the customer......any time someone had a limb problem w/a pse it was replaced w/no questions asked.....just what serial number is the bow....hoyt on the other hand would not send a set of limbs if you did not send them the deffective ones first.....great when it happens a week before the season, but how about when it happens durring the season......this happened alot w/hoyt......for that reason and the fact the hoyt dealers in this area dont know there butt from a hole in the ground.....is why I will never own a hoyt....yeah the trykon is nice but not nice enough to buy from a pompous company or a pompous dealer.....
Old 10-17-2006, 12:28 PM   #10
Jay Are

Jay Are will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
....is why I will never own a hoyt....yeah the trykon is nice but not nice enough to buy from a pompous company or a pompous dealer.....
Does this make me a pompous shooter?
Jay Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:43 PM   #11
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
Does this make me a pompous shooter?
if the shoe fits......