Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Beginners Archery Range

Old 11-11-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
Sturdyman

Sturdyman is on a distinguished road
Default Arrows for field archery and indoor targets?

Hello All,

New guy here again. I just purchased a new 2007 Bowtech Tomkat as my very first bow. I plan on doing a lot of field archery and indoor shoots. I just joined a club that provides both.

My question is what type of arrow should I puchase for this type of shooting. I have visited the Easton Archery web site and used their software to select an arrow. My constitution is 45lbs draw weight and a 27 inch draw length. I think the Fatboy 340 is an appropriate arrow for my purposes.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is the Fatboy a very expensive arrow? Since I will be shooting outside mostly (included in the membership fees at no additional charge) should I use a thicker arrow to compensate for the wind? Currently I have only 4 five dollar arrows. Next pay day I would like to purchase a dozen or so good arrows.

Your advice is greatly appriciated.
Bowmen Accu-Riser I, 53 lbs draw 27 inch draw length, Tru Ball Axcel 3000 sight and Cascade #10 release, Trophy Taker Lizard Tongue rest, Posten Fat Max Stabilization, Easton arrows.
Sturdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
sandman

sandman is on a distinguished road
Default fatboys

if you are going to be shooting primarily outdoors i would recommend something alot thinner than the fatboys. they were built for indoor shoots. you might look at the lightspeed or redlines in the easton line up. there is also some good shafts out of beman arrows and goldtip. you might troop on down to your local proshop and see what they have hanging around. and welcome to the forum
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
WCH

WCH is on a distinguished road

For indoors I would recommend some fat arrows, Fatboys, Gold Tip Pro 22s, or some bigger Goldtips. Outdoors you would want something smaller like the size of easton axis. If you are wanting to use one set of arrows for both I guess I would recommend some Gold Tip Ultralight Pros they are between the two and you should be able to use them for both, but I would highly recommend getting two different arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturdyman View Post
Hello All,

New guy here again. I just purchased a new 2007 Bowtech Tomkat as my very first bow. I plan on doing a lot of field archery and indoor shoots. I just joined a club that provides both.

My question is what type of arrow should I puchase for this type of shooting. I have visited the Easton Archery web site and used their software to select an arrow. My constitution is 45lbs draw weight and a 27 inch draw length. I think the Fatboy 340 is an appropriate arrow for my purposes.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is the Fatboy a very expensive arrow? Since I will be shooting outside mostly (included in the membership fees at no additional charge) should I use a thicker arrow to compensate for the wind? Currently I have only 4 five dollar arrows. Next pay day I would like to purchase a dozen or so good arrows.

Your advice is greatly appriciated.