Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 10-26-2006, 02:25 PM   #1
Nikoa97

Nikoa97 is on a distinguished road
Default Martin Saber PS

I got bitten by the archery bug about 4 months ago & I just bought a New Martin Saber PS. It has double cams & I've heard that there are problems with them. Is it true that douoble cams slip out of timing frequently?
Nikoa97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
bfisher

bfisher will become famous soon enough

I have a question. If you heard that Martin is having trouble with it's dual cam system then why did you buy a bow with them? Or did you hear this after you got the bow?

Either way doesn't matter. The only double cam Martin makes (2006) is the Nitrous cams. I've got them on all three of my bows and there are nor problems with them. The Nitrous are one of the smoothest, fastest dual cams you can get.

As for them going out of sync (not time)? It can happen but is not prevalent. If it does happen then it has nothing to do with the cams themselves. It's creep in the cables. This can be adjusted by twisting one of the cables to get them back in sync. If it keeps happening then the best thing to do is replace the rigging with a good aftermarket set.

Twisting the cables for cam sync is explained in Martin's owner's manual. It does require a bow press.

However, if your Saber is a standard model then it is not offered with the Nitrous cams, but Tru-Arc which is their cam+1/2. I know they had some problems with the original Tru-Arc and redesigned them for 2006. They changed the design and beefed them up.

Best thing I can tell you is to go ahead and shoot the bow. If something happens then that's what a warranty is for. There are two guys on these forums that work for Martin. JoelC and PUG. They can handle any problem that may arise and are very timely about it.

Wish you well.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
Nikoa97

Nikoa97 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the info. I didn't hear about it until after the bow was bought & I didn't put much stock in it because of who said it to me. Also, it wasn't specifically directed towards Martin...just a general statement about double cams. But you get that nagging question stuck in your head. As for the shooting of it, I have had no problems what-so-ever. Also, I bought the bow from a member of my sportsmens club who owns a well respected archery shop for the last 30 years or so. About as trustworthy as you can get. Thanks again BFisher! Good luck!
Nikoa97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes will become famous soon enoughHoly Smokes will become famous soon enough

Hi, Bk fisher is right about the nitriuos cams , they have as smooth a draw and are really quick as you will find. I prefer the Nitrious B cams. Love those Martins innovations .they also 3 wrist settings the 2 provided pads or bare . God Bless and straight shooting, Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps
Holy Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote