Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 10-30-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
runningbear15

runningbear15 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to runningbear15
Default Whisker Biscuit???

i was looking into replaceing my tiger tough arrow rest and thinking about getting a whisker Biscuit for my bow. Is a whisker biscuit a good rest or is it a waste of money? What do you Think??

runningbear15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

brokenarrow is on a distinguished road

Good rest, I love mine
Although certain others may disagree w/ me

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #3
runningbear15

Another question, I shoot aluminum arrows for practice but when i hunt whitetail i use carbon arrows. There is a whisker biscuit for both kinds of arrows, is there on that works on both?
Old 10-30-2006, 08:14 PM   #4
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningbear15 View Post
Another question, I shoot aluminum arrows for practice but when i hunt whitetail i use carbon arrows. There is a whisker biscuit for both kinds of arrows, is there on that works on both?
They go by arrow diameter so if the arrows are the same diameter it will work. Why do you practice w/ aluminum and hunt w/ carbon(just curious)?

Old 10-30-2006, 08:18 PM   #5
runningbear15

i dont know Aluminum arrows are just alittle cheaper i guess for just practice

Last edited by runningbear15; 10-30-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:24 PM   #6
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

I always try to practice w/ what I shoot. Do you ever have any tuning issues?

Old 10-30-2006, 08:29 PM   #7
brokenarrow
Evil Genius

I'm really surprised Bowman hasn't chimed in on this thread yet. He is the resident WB hater. I know he can feel us talking about them.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:53 PM   #8
papito
Petering it since 06

papito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to papito

I would avoid the missed it biscuit if possible. Try and find a decent drop away!
Old 10-30-2006, 10:59 PM   #9
MoBowman

MoBowman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningbear15 View Post
i dont know Aluminum arrows are just alittle cheaper i guess for just practice

In the long run, you as well as most others will or have found that the carbons are cheaper. If your going to hunt, give the deer all the respect they deserve. Hunt with what you practice with.

Now on the WB nevermind, I won't go there.
MoBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:24 PM   #10
Xtremesportsman

Xtremesportsman is on a distinguished road
Default Wb

I happen to like the WB very much. I also shoot carbon for everything. Drop away rest are not for everyone. I guess the rest you use depends on the person with his wallet open at the cash drawer. If it works for you, that is the important answer. Don't get bullied into buying smething you don't want, trust me it can turn into an expensive lesson learned. Especially from posters on a forum. Unless you see the WB or the other rest you're interested in perform, than I guess we all have two things on this forum. One is an opinion the other is an %&^#***. You have to make the decison on what you want to listen to. Try the equipment or at least find someone that has it and see how it works. First hand knowledge wins over opiniions and %^$#*&^*+'s everyday of the week. Good Luck.
Xtremesportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:19 AM   #11
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Howdy there runningbear15 welcome to the forum. I for one love my WB it has never given me any reason to dislike it. Nice price,easy to tune,full arrow containment,and as an added bonus it PO's a certain Bowman on here. The WB is arguably the best rest on the market for hunting. Some say it is not a good rest for longer ranges but I have shot it out to 50 yards in practice with very nice results. Its a decision you will have to make for yourself, but I would have to say buy one you will not regret it. Good luck to you and again WELCOME to the forum.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:16 AM   #12
Dredly
Site Guru

Dredly will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dredly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
Howdy there runningbear15 welcome to the forum. I for one love my WB it has never given me any reason to dislike it. Nice price,easy to tune,full arrow containment,and as an added bonus it PO's a certain Bowman on here. The WB is arguably the best rest on the market for hunting. Some say it is not a good rest for longer ranges but I have shot it out to 50 yards in practice with very nice results. Its a decision you will have to make for yourself, but I would have to say buy one you will not regret it. Good luck to you and again WELCOME to the forum.
yup exactly what he said. I use a drop away for target but a WB for hunting because I love the containment aspect. I group just as good with a WB as a drop and the WB is a Helluva lot cheaper then the drop.

Get a WB and you won't be sorry
Old 11-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #13
Shaman

Shaman is on a distinguished road

Whisker Biscuit:

Ease of use, security of mind, and accurate enough that at the grassroots level my Bro is placing 2nd and 5th at local 3D events around the State. I placed 4th and 8th, but that is more my lack if ranging experience than the WB.

For highest level competition, a person probably wants something different. But for the cost in terms of hunting/hobbyist 3D/backyard shooting it can not be beat.

I've put hundreds, if not into the first thousand, of arrows through mine and it is showing hardly any wear at all. For those worried about the wear, a replacement disk every year for 5 years still only bring it up to the cost of a high end drop-away, with a lot less tuning issues.

Installing the WB is a breeze compared to most drop-aways for the average DIY'er. I find it hard to believe that for the average person that installing something that needs to tied down and timed with your draw is as easy to install as a fixed rest (prongs/WB).

It certainly wasn't for my Dad and he has 40 years of shooting experience, but only owns one bow at a time and does not get to practice every day on other peoples bows and various set-ups. He had to tweak his Ripcord quite a bit more than he had his NAP3000.

You do need to tune your set-up to use the WB. Any set-up needs to be tuned.
For drop aways it is the buss cable, for prong and WBs, it is the nock/vane alignment.

1. if there is dark markings on the vanes, then the shooter needs to rotate his nock a little more and clear the black bristles.

I've put hundreds of shots through my WB with little, if any, wrinkling. The waves I did get was from the vanes passing through/by the center. Once I figured out how my nock needs to be turned for my draw length, poundage, and arrow specifics... no more waves. No different than a prong rest or the NAP 360. People need to tweak their set-up for best performance.

2. to get rid of the waves there are two well known and noted solutions.
A. pass hot air over them with a blow dryer or candle. NOT close, just enough for them to warm up and straighten out.
B. put them in warm water. The warm water witll also straighten the vanes without melting out the glue.

Just a bit of advice for those worried about using a WB and Wavy Vanes....

To keep the leading edge from catching and peeling back, put a dab of glue on the leading edge.

Lots and Lots and Lots of test show only like a 2-4fps slowdown with WB.

And Lastly,

There is no better endorsement than seeing people who make their living shooting a bow (all those hunting programs) shooting the WB as UNENDORSED equipment. On many of those shows you will not see Carolina Archery listed as a sponsor. The WB is the shooter chosen rest. When they need to make the shot that counts, so they can record the kill, put it on DVD, sell it, and put money in their bank, they use a WB.

Having said all that, I am still glancing at that QAD ProLD. All the benefits of a drop away and no cables to mess with if you don't want to. Or if you are in the field and the cable breaks, you just thumb **** it and you don't need to cable to proper release.

Are WBs accurate? As accurate as you are out to 40 yrds definitely.

TR Matrix, WB, and OEM RadialX Vanes - 30yds
The one off to the right hit the nock of one of the other arrows.
General Archery Forum

TR Matrix (before going with VBG Triangle) and WB - 20yds
General Archery Forum

VBG Triangle and WB - 30yds
General Archery Forum

VBG Triangle, WB, and Montecs (prior to BH tuning, was a little right) - 20yds
General Archery Forum
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:19 PM   #14
rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rdnkgrl_robinhood

People can say what they want. I love my wisker biscuit!! Oh yeah, I'm a girl I can say that..
rdnkgrl_robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:18 AM   #15
pamwe

pamwe is on a distinguished road
Wink whisker biscuit

Hi i have just joined the ross family and at the same time purchased a brand new CR34, what a pleasure and a new W/B the arrow slot in type what a pleaser no hazzles at all, i have one question if this is the appropiate forum to ask it.
My dealer set my bow poundage up on the limbs without loosening the limb nock nuts with a hellavu noise on the bolts he managed to get it up to 65 lbs fortunately i was watching the intro dvd whilst he was doing i saw the mistake he made but being a centleman i did not comment on this.
Today i tied with loosenbing the lock bolts set the bow up to 70lbs but to no avail.
My ? is has he done any damage by forcing the limbs and to what extent because i cannot turn the limb bolts the so tight it feels like they have been welded in place, i phoned him and told him he said there can be many things wrong? i must take it to him so he can have a look???????

Please answer i am new to this site and forum please help me to the correct Ross site and if possible can somebody answer my ?
pamwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #16
diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. is on a distinguished road

drop away, nice and quiet, super accurate...whisker biscuit, freakishly loud, couldnt hit the broadside of a barn...JMO
Copper John Dead Nuts
Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

People Eating Tasty Animals

Remember, a Diamond lasts forever!
diamond-vic. is offline   Reply With Quote