Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 02-13-2010, 03:09 AM   #1
IAHunter11

IAHunter11 is on a distinguished road
Default Drop away problem

I have a hoyt vipertec and a trophy taker drop away the problem i am having is my fletching rub on the prongs.. I have it set up so it is not all the way up until the last inch or so of draw and still rubs like it not getting out of the way fast enough it doesn't hit hard b.c still shoots good but just enough to wear the fleece off the prongs and makes little lines on the vanes.. Does anyone have any ideas what to do? Thanks
Old 02-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
runt

runt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to runt

i had a problem like that with my qad drop away this is what i done i rotated my odd vane up and sprayed my rest with deodarant to check for any touch from my vanes.. problem solved my mole skin stays on without peeling off after a few shots.. hope this helps you you tube has a video dont blame the dropaway rest

Last edited by runt; 02-18-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: i thought i put in a safe word
runt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Trophy Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAHunter11 View Post
I have a hoyt vipertec and a trophy taker drop away the problem i am having is my fletching rub on the prongs.. I have it set up so it is not all the way up until the last inch or so of draw and still rubs like it not getting out of the way fast enough it doesn't hit hard b.c still shoots good but just enough to wear the fleece off the prongs and makes little lines on the vanes.. Does anyone have any ideas what to do? Thanks
Two thoughts. Check your knocking point heigth. You can open the rest up and there two holes inside the rest for setting the spring tension. You can call TT and ask for stronger spring.
DB