Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 11-13-2006, 12:46 PM   #1
slamdam

slamdam is on a distinguished road
Default Bought a Mathews Switchback XT

Well after a couple of months of waiting for the 07 Hoyts to come out I got ancy at the Archery store while i was shooting my bow and shot a Switchback and a Trykon. They both shot very smooth and were stable. When I went to draw back the Hoyt it felt like my shoulder was gonna rip out of my socket. It was set at 60 lbs and pulled back like it was 80. My Reflex is set at 65 and pulls back WAY easier. It was also loud when I shot it. I shot the Mathews 3 times and that was it. I pulls smooth, its got a rock solid wall on it and is VERY stable after the shot. The only thing that I didn't like about it is that it is very top heavy. But at full draw it wasn't an issue. So I decided to get the Mathews based on the whole draw issue. I LOVE Hoyts and have been shooting them for 10 yrs but I just didn't like how they pulled back. I have my Mathews set at 70 lbs and it STILL pulls back easier than the Hoyt did. I got a NAP drop away rest and had it sighted in out to 30 yrds in about a half an hour. I love the way it shoots. Its so smooth and very forgiving. I wouldn't trade it for any other bow. I just wish that I would have bought it a year ago.
slamdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

congrats!!!!! I thought that the switchbacks were nice bows when I shot them against the Trykon XL. I ended up going with the Trykon XL. Felt better to me but thats just me. Again congrats on your new bow

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:03 PM   #3
tek

tek is on a distinguished road

Congrats on your new bow!

I also shot the Switchback and the XT before I bought the Trykon XL. I just dont like bows that short and the XL is about as short as I will go. The Switchback is a nice bow, enjoy.
tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
Scottie

Scottie is on a distinguished road

(2)totally different cams and draw curves. I am Hoyt guy, but did not care for the Trykon. The Trykon XL on the other hand seemed like totally different animal and proved to be a great bow and provided some good speed as well.
Their new Vectrix is alot smoother than the Zephyr. The Mathews cam is much smoother because it's a less aggressive cam. You'll need to shoot 70 lbs. to achieve what you could @ about 63 lbs. on the trykon.

I replaced string/cables on a couple of Switchbacks this year and they are a very smooth drawing and shooting bow for sure. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it!!! If I may, can I recommend replacing the factory string. I put VT on (2)of them and increased the speed by average of 6 fps. doing so and more importantly eliminated string stretch or peep twist.

Congrats on a nice bow. I love Mathews camo too.

Last edited by Scottie; 11-13-2006 at 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!

BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough

I am still waiting for the 15th before deciding on what to get.......
Old 11-13-2006, 06:52 PM   #6
phone guy

phone guy is on a distinguished road

my bow shop is recommending the vectrix from what he says it puts the trykon to shame. The cam on the vectrix is supposed to be alot smoother. I know what you mean about ripping your arm off.
phone guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #7
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Congrats on the new XT. I love mine it is truly an amazing bow.

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:20 AM   #8
papito
Petering it since 06

papito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to papito

congrats with the xt i like them and would like to get one of my own.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:31 PM   #9
slamdam

slamdam is on a distinguished road

I love it. thanks everybody. I am waiting for my viper sights to come in then off the the woods to find some boars!!!!
slamdam is offline   Reply With Quote