Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > Bowhunting forum

Old 07-14-2004, 03:40 PM   #1
OutbackRuss

OutbackRuss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to OutbackRuss
Default Hunting Sights

Well my setup is listed in my sig, My question is i have an impact solosite right now that i am happy with because it is bright sturdy and light weight, I have been considering a 3 pin or maybe a 5 pin, Would consider a slider but not crazy about going that route, Keep in mind that i only target shoot(just for practice and fun, not competive) and hunt with my bow. Also i dont know if it matters or not but im shooting at 55lbs right now, might go to 60 before the season. If i keep my site what range should i zero it in at?
Here's my setup Mathews Outback, Alpine Soft-Loc 5 arrow Quiver, Impact Solo-site, NAP Quicktune 2000 RG Arrow rest, Vibracheck stabilizer, Sims Ultra Limb Savers, Scott Mongoose NCS Release. Shooting Easton Axis Arrows (400's)

"The beast is dead, Long live the beast!"
OutbackRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:43 AM   #2
bfisher

bfisher will become famous soon enough

Russ, it's me again, Barry. What kind of speed you getting. I have a "slider" site and use it for 3D (up until this year), HHA OL 5000. For hunting I just set it for 25 yards and leave it alone. My bow was shooting right at 260fps. Practice has shown me that with the sight set at 25 yards I am dead on at 5 yards. High point of the trajectory is about 20 yards at about 1 3/4" high. I get a four inch drop at about 32 yards. About 3" at 30 yards. From this I deduced that I can pretty much aim for the middle of the vitals on anything out to 30 yards and shoot. No guessing yardage and no holding high or low. I'm not too concerned with that last inch of accuracy when I got an 8" vital to play with. In the lungs is dead, no matter where. I like the single pin as it gives me no excuse about picking the wrong pin and really cleans up the sight picture. Hope this helps.
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:21 PM   #3
OutbackRuss

sounds good man, i will be using a rangefinder as well (gonna buy one, eathor a bushnell or a nikon havent decided) as far as my speed i wish i knew, Im shooting my outback, with 55lb draw weight, on a 28" draw, perhaps i can find someone with a chrono to let me shoot through it.
Here's my setup Mathews Outback, Alpine Soft-Loc 5 arrow Quiver, Impact Solo-site, NAP Quicktune 2000 RG Arrow rest, Vibracheck stabilizer, Sims Ultra Limb Savers, Scott Mongoose NCS Release. Shooting Easton Axis Arrows (400's)

Old 07-30-2004, 10:03 PM   #4
Firehawk

Firehawk is on a distinguished road

I grown to like the Toxonics T-50 sight. Plenty bright enough, very sturdy, and lightweight.
Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:40 AM   #5
OutbackRuss

what kind of price on that?