Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 03-21-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
madarcher427

madarcher427 is on a distinguished road
Default Z7 tunning help?

i was trying to bare shaft tune today with paper , i keep getting a downward diagonally left tear .

before that i tried to get the bare shafts to group with the fletched arrows the bareshafts were hitting about 2.5 " right of the fletched arrows .I moved my res over as far as i could to the riser to get that . height wise the were really close with the bareshaft hitting alittle high maybe half an inch.

iam using tt shaky hunter , beman .400 & shooting 58.8 lbs .I did read on the mathews forum that the serving is to thick & causing alot of tunning problems .just wondering if i should change my serving .

how hard is it to change serving?
madarcher427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
red44

red44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura aboutred44 has a spectacular aura about

I don't know anything about the serving issue, How's the idler looking at rest and full draw?

Last edited by red44; 03-21-2010 at 10:31 PM.
red44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default Serving

Quote:
Originally Posted by madarcher427 View Post
i was trying to bare shaft tune today with paper , i keep getting a downward diagonally left tear .

before that i tried to get the bare shafts to group with the fletched arrows the bareshafts were hitting about 2.5 " right of the fletched arrows .I moved my res over as far as i could to the riser to get that . height wise the were really close with the bareshaft hitting alittle high maybe half an inch.

iam using tt shaky hunter , beman .400 & shooting 58.8 lbs .I did read on the mathews forum that the serving is to thick & causing alot of tunning problems .just wondering if i should change my serving .

how hard is it to change serving?
If you have never done it. Take it to your pro shop. It was something I always did on my Mathews bows. I use .26 serving.
DB
Old 03-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
madarcher427

madarcher427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by red44 View Post
I don't know anything about the serving issue, How's the idler looking at rest and full draw?
it looks ok
madarcher427 is offline   Reply With Quote