Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 03-30-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default ASA Paris, Tx Well tell us how you did!

Looks like I finsished 14th in Senior Open, 393 for the weekend. Shot the high 12 count for that class but just to many eights . Hoping to improve on that in Illinois. Really happy how the Hoyt Pro Elite shot for me. Got ninth in the simms range.

Was proud of Team Oklahoma winning the Texas/Oklahoma shootout. I shot for the senior open class. Was challenging in that wind for sure.

Had a goodtime and enjoyed seeing old friends. Met and shot with some great guys both Sat. and Sunday.

Let us know how it went for you!
DB

Last edited by Daniel Boone; 03-30-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Daniel Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
hstubblefield

hstubblefield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hstubblefield

Well I bent my tounge on my trophy taker saturday and shot every thing high.Got it lied out and shot 10 down with 2 0's.Came back on sunday shot a few stupid shots for 8's finshied 396 11 12's put me in tie for 8th
hstubblefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
CutTheLoop

CutTheLoop will become famous soon enoughCutTheLoop will become famous soon enough

Didn't get to compete in the TX v OK... apparently there's no Okie finger shooters?

Shot 5 down both days... think I had it won Sunday, until we turned the corner. Walking Bear at 40 yds. Made what felt like the same shot I had been making all day only to watch my arrow nose dive left, hitting him in the wonder foam forward of his legs.

195 2-12's Sat
195 2-12's Sun

Finished 3rd, got a small check and some hardware.

Name:  3rd.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  49.8 KB

CutTheLoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:46 AM   #4
Mo_Archergirl
Hoyt Rocks

Mo_Archergirl is on a distinguished road

I had a sight problem on saturday.my indicator started moving on me and I thought i was putting it on the right yardage and it would be high on yardage past 35 and low on yardage under 35. So saturday i shot 26 down and then came back sunday after we fixed it and shot 7 down. I didnt shoot good but i have a lot of fun in K40.
Mo_Archergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
J.A.G.

J.A.G. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to J.A.G.

5th in K40. 394 with 2 blanks. no 5's, only a few 8's, had a lot of 10's & 12's.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
mrpibb

mrpibb is on a distinguished road

Shot 5 down on saturday with a 5 and 7 8's. Had 6 12's and a 14 on the last target sat. 38 yd mule deer. Was sitting in 8th goin into sunday and couldnt get my ydg game goin, shot almost everthing straight low, then just kept diggin the hole for a 40 down finish for the weekend! Back to the drawing board for me. Had a blast anyway though.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #7
TMax27

TMax27 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutTheLoop View Post
Didn't get to compete in the TX v OK... apparently there's no Okie finger shooters?

Shot 5 down both days... think I had it won Sunday, until we turned the corner. Walking Bear at 40 yds. Made what felt like the same shot I had been making all day only to watch my arrow nose dive left, hitting him in the wonder foam forward of his legs.

195 2-12's Sat
195 2-12's Sun

Finished 3rd, got a small check and some hardware.

Attachment 20322

What bow is that Cut?
2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja
TMax27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #8
CutTheLoop

CutTheLoop will become famous soon enoughCutTheLoop will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMax27 View Post
What bow is that Cut?

Athens Exceed 300

http://athensarchery.com/bows.html#300

Old 03-30-2010, 08:43 AM   #9
TMax27

Default My First ASA

For my first ASA shoot, I finished 32nd out of 132 shooters in Bow Novice.

Saturday I shot 8 down. I am pretty sure I had either bump my sight off or moved my peep when my bow fell over in a major gust of wind I was hitting about 3 yards off, so not only was I trying to compensate for that, but was trying to gap my pins, which I didn't practice enough. Fixed the peep issue last night by doing a major serious serving action on it. DB also gave me some pointers on where to gap my pins to make it easier on the hold over or under.

Sunday I shot 2 up w/ a 14 and a couple of 12's. Every shot felt really good except for one, which I pulled left into the 8. Ended up w/ three 8's, 14 10's, 2 12's, and a 14. The other 2 8's were within an 1/8" of being 12's. Again, I need to practice more at the odd yardages.

All in all, sweetTMax and myself had a great time
Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 AM   #10
Hoyt_Shooter
Shoot em' up!

Hoyt_Shooter is on a distinguished road
Default First Ever ASA

This was my first ever ASA shoot. 2nd 3D Shoot ever competitively.
I finished 19th of 83 shooters in Open C with a 383. I beat myself. I shot 14's in the wind at 35-40 yards and missed them at 20-26...what? Yeah it's possible.
All in all it was an awesome experience and I will be ready by Augusta. I finished round one 11 down. I shot plenty of 14's on round 2 to bring me on top the podium...but shot 7 5's for the weekend. Can't do much with the good shots if you shoot bad ones.
Lesson Learned...be aggressive when you feel the need! 10's are your friend.
Thanks to all the good relationships made this weekend. That was the most important!
Hoyt_Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #11
Arch3r8oy

Arch3r8oy is on a distinguished road

I won a belt buckle at Paris, Youth Pins class! I was glad to see a Hunter class for youth I always shoot pins for 3D so I was shooting pins against scopes at ASA shoots. Saturday was tough with the wind I shot even. Sunday was much better, I was up 8 after 6 targets on Sunday. My dad made me stop shooting at the 12-14s after that because we knew I was way ahead. I shot all 10s from then on.
Arch3r8oy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #12
J.A.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch3r8oy View Post
I won a belt buckle at Paris, Youth Pins class! I was glad to see a Hunter class for youth I always shoot pins for 3D so I was shooting pins against scopes at ASA shoots. Saturday was tough with the wind I shot even. Sunday was much better, I was up 8 after 6 targets on Sunday. My dad made me stop shooting at the 12-14s after that because we knew I was way ahead. I shot all 10s from then on.
Way to go!!!! So glad you are from Lincoln County too!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #13
JawsDad

JawsDad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Congrats on the buckle Will, that's great news.

I wish your Dad had came and talked some sense into me on Sunday...

Known 45: Shot even on Saturday; shot 11 10's, 6 8's and 3 14's. Sunday I shot... crap. Finished 22 down for 56th place or something like that.. Lesson learned, for now..

Last edited by JawsDad; 03-30-2010 at 10:51 AM.
JawsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #14
CutTheLoop

Quote:

Old 03-30-2010, 11:05 AM   #15
TexomaBowhunter

TexomaBowhunter is on a distinguished road

Finished 20th, which was better than my 39th finish last year. So my personal goal of finishing stronger than last year was achieved. Setting the bar higher for next year, I cant wait!
TexomaBowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #16
Daniel Boone

Default Way to go

Quote:
Old 03-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #17
Earl Fouraker

Earl Fouraker is on a distinguished road

I had a really good time for my first trip to TX. I was fortunate enough to take 1st. in Open A, and bring home a buckle. The city of paris puts on a good shoot, and everyone I talked to had a great time. I can't wait till next year.

General Archery Forum
Earl Fouraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #18
Lucky
MichaelB's better half

Lucky is on a distinguished road

This was my first 3D shoot and really the first time I had ever shot at foam animals...and I was lucky enough to take first in the Women's Known 40 class. I got to meet a whole bunch of nice ladies and bring home some money and a very shiny belt buckle!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #19
mrpibb

mrpibb is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Mrs. Braden, was good to see you on the team shoot range.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #20
TMax27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
This was my first 3D shoot and really the first time I had ever shot at foam animals...and I was lucky enough to take first in the Women's Known 40 class. I got to meet a whole bunch of nice ladies and bring home some money and a very shiny belt buckle!!!
Holy Mackrel that's AWESOME!!!!! I hear you have a pretty good coach
Old 03-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #21
Lucky
MichaelB's better half

Lucky is on a distinguished road

I had a blast out there shooting with a great group for the Simms and for the team shoot on Friday. It was a little chilly and windy but I had fun seeing everyone. And yes, I have a great coach!!!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #22
Daniel Boone

Default Excellant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Fouraker View Post
I had a really good time for my first trip to TX. I was fortunate enough to take 1st. in Open A, and bring home a buckle. The city of paris puts on a good shoot, and everyone I talked to had a great time. I can't wait till next year.

General Archery Forum
Open A class is a tough win. Great win and congradulations. Been shooting these ASA for many years and never won one. Thats certianly something to be proud of.
DB
Old 03-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #23
Daniel Boone

Default You Won

Quote:
I had a blast out there shooting with a great group for the Simms and for the team shoot on Friday. It was a little chilly and windy but I had fun seeing everyone. And yes, I have a great coach!!!!!
I would say you had a good two days with a win in womens known 40. Bet the girls are glad you work so much and dont have time to shoot Your getting quite the trophy case. I was told you have won three national indoor events. Nice to see you and keep up the good shooting.
DB
Old 03-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #24
J.A.G.

Quote:
she even let out a woohooo once! it was great shooting with you!
Old 03-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #25
foamkiller

foamkiller is on a distinguished road

Struggled shoot all 40 on Saturday in Traditional. That much mud for an old man is tough Was a good shoot and was great to see some old friends.

Daniel Boone your range official wasn't too be an (fill in the blank) last weekend was he?
foamkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #26
bout

bout is on a distinguished road
Default Tied for 1st and got in a shoot off

and I will say I had a great time only wish we could have had the shoot off in the timber ...but we did not finsh 26 up for the weekend whahooooo my fist foam shoot of the year (it was aug.of last year when i shot at foam )

just lots of paper and things that bleed... between..
bout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #27
Daniel Boone

Default Bout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bout View Post
and I will say I had a great time only wish we could have had the shoot off in the timber ...but we did not finsh 26 up for the weekend whahooooo my fist foam shoot of the year (it was aug.of last year when i shot at foam )

just lots of paper and things that bleed... between..
Good shooting Chris! My buddy Roe should have lept the pressure on day two.
DB
Old 04-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #28
conquest

conquest is on a distinguished road

Finished 20th in Open A. Good shooting Earl on a tough course. Congrats on the win.
conquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #29
Archerdad

Archerdad will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Archerdad

i sucked it up in hunter, one of these days my bow will come in early enough to get to work on it BEFORE i go down...lol
Archerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #30
3DRoper

3DRoper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstubblefield View Post
Well I bent my tounge on my trophy taker saturday and shot every thing high.Got it lied out and shot 10 down with 2 0's.Came back on sunday shot a few stupid shots for 8's finshied 396 11 12's put me in tie for 8th
You tied with my son Jayde he had bow trouble also
3DRoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #31
hstubblefield

hstubblefield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hstubblefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DRoper View Post
You tied with my son Jayde he had bow trouble also
Yeah my rest bent up causeing me to shoot high all day
hstubblefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #32
Arch3r8oy

Arch3r8oy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
Way to go!!!! So glad you are from Lincoln County too!
Did you see the Lincoln County news this week? My picture is on the front page and front page of the sports section. They did a story about NASP, the picture is from Paris. They got my name right in the story but under my picture it says my name is Will Smith.
Arch3r8oy is offline   Reply With Quote