Arrow groups and consistency issues.
This message is for anyone who can help, though I have sent this message to Javi as well.
I was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue I am having.
No matter what I do I get a 1/2" left paper tear, and my arrow groups blow donkey dink.
I am wondering if you have any tips?
My form seems consistent for the most part.
I have done walk backs with the arrows and get about an inch or two left of the vertical tape.
My set up is a right hand compound.
• 2008 Hoyt ProElite XT3000, C2 Cams, set at 55 pounds, 29" draw.
• Spot Hogg infinity rest 0.008 lizard tongue. Set a C hair under 13/16" at 35 degrees.
• Sure Loc, and True spot 6x with the extension bar set around 35 inches from my true ball peep with Number 1 yellow clarifier.
• Cobra wrist release and D loop, nock set at 90 degrees.
• I am using Victory 350 V6 Nanos, with stainless steel 100 gr points. 332 grains.
• My fletches are FF Max 1.75, grooved fletch with a 1-2 degree offset.
• 36 inch single stab, multi carbon rod, with weight 3/4 forward to the end of the stab.
• custom string stopper.
• Truespot 6X with peep and #1 clarifier (yellow).
Note: I have also tried weaker spine Victory V60-400 Nanos with stainless steel 100 gr points and found them a tad weak, though they say they are perfect for my setup, they group worse than the 350s.
The issue is shorter distances I am left, longer distance are high right. Groups at 50, 70 and 90 meters are inconsistent; say 3 arrows in the gold, 1 arrow left (red), two arrows group tight, but right and high (in the red).
I am wondering if perhaps the sight extension is set too close to the riser, though my peep sight at full draw to the scope is 34 inches. If I set the sight bar too far I will not be able to shoot 90 meters without cranking up the bow weight.
Since I only wear non prescription glasses for reading only, my eyesight is good. I have tried stronger clarifiers but found I wander with my shots as the target is a tad blurry.
Anyways, thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.