Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 11-22-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about
Default Drenalin vs Vectrix

Ok I finally made it to the shop I have been talking of going to and it is a very nice shop. I had been there for about 1 hour the owner handed me the new Vectrix to shoot a while. Well I shot it probably 25 times and low and behold in walked UPS with the new Drenlin. I thought this is my lucky day. Well the fella setup the Drenlin shot it 3 times handed it to me and said knock yourself out. Well alrighty then I shot it 5 times then the Vecrix 5 times and so on. Well I must say the Vectrix blows the Trykon totally away. The new vector cam is very nice. And the stealthshot string suppressor is great. It was dead in hand,smooth, and quiet. Only thing is it was a little on the heavy side. Ok now the Drenlin it had stabalizer and string leeches on it. It was very smooth,quiet,light. Only thing is it had a little vibration after the shot Nothing major and the bow was backed all the way down to 60#. I thought maybe if the bow was maxxed out the vibration would go away. Maybe due to the new limb pockets. I would slap an STS on it and see what happened. I also finally met Hkdfrlife at the shop and he is a great fella. So after about 45 minutes of back to back testing I truly would say that they are both excellent bows if I was looking for a new bow I would be shooting them both a whole lot more. But for right now I do not think either one will be replacing the XT. Price on the Drenlin $699, I think the price on the Vectrix was $725 but not sure.

"HONDA"

Last edited by BowhuntnHoosier; 11-22-2006 at 10:08 PM.
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
tek

tek is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

That was a very nice review of the 2 bows. I really like hearing that both bows are very good shooters.

The prices I've got so far is the Vectrix 699, Vectrix XL 719, Drenlin 799, no word yet on the Vulcan but should know next week.
tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:01 PM   #3
BowhuntnHoosier
Bisquit.......

BowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura aboutBowhuntnHoosier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek View Post
That was a very nice review of the 2 bows. I really like hearing that both bows are very good shooters.

The prices I've got so far is the Vectrix 699, Vectrix XL 719, Drenlin 799, no word yet on the Vulcan but should know next week.
They had no Vulcan yet but I think he said next week with 1" less BH it should be a speed demon also the 38 PRO and 38ULTRA. He said he shot the new C2 cams the rep had last night and said they are great. Wonder what price the 38's will be at????

"HONDA"
BowhuntnHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:25 PM   #4
tek

tek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
They had no Vulcan yet but I think he said next week with 1" less BH it should be a speed demon also the 38 PRO and 38ULTRA. He said he shot the new C2 cams the rep had last night and said they are great. Wonder what price the 38's will be at????

I dont know what the prices are on the 38s. The dealer was on the phone trying to get prices on the 38s and Vulcan but Hoyt had him on hold for a long time so he hungup on them

I guess it will be next week before he gets prices now.
tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:09 AM   #5
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

Ya I was talking to Chris last saturday and he said the new C2 cams are awesome. He said that if you creep forward alittle bit you won't get your arm ripped off like the spirals would. I would have to say that I liked the spirals on my SuperTec, but I bet that these new C2's are'nt going to be eating string servings up at the roll over like the spirals would.

By the way good post hoosier, glad to hear a bow report on these two back to back

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote