Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum

Old 06-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #41
Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone is on a distinguished road
Default No joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
Pm me...I ain't scared, I'll put it up so all us lower class archers can enjoy the joke too.
I myself see no humor in this at all. Diffiantly not a good thing for archery. I would always want to see the best shooters compeating.
DB
Old 06-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #42
friedm1

friedm1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
I myself see no humor in this at all. Diffiantly not a good thing for archery. I would always want to see the best shooters compeating.
DB
So do you want to know what happened or not? Didn't you start this thread? At least the thread isn't locked like on AT. Do ppl think if they don't talk about it then it didn't happen?

From what i gather from other sites, he acted like a bafoon and got punished.

If im wrong this can all be cleared up with someone stepping up.
friedm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:01 AM   #43
Daniel Boone

Default Honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedm1 View Post
So do you want to know what happened or not? Didn't you start this thread? At least the thread isn't locked like on AT. Do ppl think if they don't talk about it then it didn't happen?

From what i gather from other sites, he acted like a bafoon and got punished.

If im wrong this can all be cleared up with someone stepping up.
I would like to see Dave or Hoyt come give a statement. But I have heard the rumurs and Im sure Hoyt did what they felt they needed to do. Eventually someone who is knows all the facts will come forth. Yes that what I would like to hear. (FACTS)
DB
Old 06-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #44
Jason-R

Jason-R is on a distinguished road

Im sure Hoyt or Dave will make a statement sometime. Other archery orginizations are involved in the matter as well, so im sure untill they make decisions on what they are going to do then nothing will be said.

Someone posted above something to the matter he acted like a fool. In a small nutshell that is right. And hoyt is not the only sponser he is without now, he lost a handfull other money sponsers to.

Dave is an awsome archer. And it is not like he done something that would get him jail time. He was acting a fool at a archery function and some archery companies wont put up with it no matter how good you are.
Jason-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #45
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
DB

Intil all the two steppin is done and secrets told...I'll consider this whole thing a joke.

Not to worry, no matter what he did, I'm sure you'll see Dave competing again. probably better than ever.
Gator eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #46
Gator eye

Gator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the roughGator eye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason-R View Post
Im sure Hoyt or Dave will make a statement sometime. Other archery orginizations are involved in the matter as well, so im sure untill they make decisions on what they are going to do then nothing will be said.

Someone posted above something to the matter he acted like a fool. In a small nutshell that is right. And hoyt is not the only sponser he is without now, he lost a handfull other money sponsers to.

Dave is an awsome archer. And it is not like he done something that would get him jail time. He was acting a fool at a archery function and some archery companies wont put up with it no matter how good you are.

Thanks ....that takes a little of the mistery out of it.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #47
Sagittarius

Sagittarius is on a distinguished road

I didn't think Dave shot 3-D unless the yardages were known.
Sagittarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #48
ArrowSlinger34

ArrowSlinger34 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
my friend said is was a "known" 3D shoot so im guessing that meens he knew how far! ???????
ArrowSlinger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #49
ledzeppelin

ledzeppelin is on a distinguished road

so what did he do???
ledzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #50
asa1485

asa1485 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
Dave actually got his start in 3D . They did not have known yardages then. Watch this http://www.archerytalktv.com/attv/vi...e=&category=mr 1 minute in and you will here "him" say so.

Last edited by asa1485; 06-11-2010 at 04:30 PM.
asa1485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #51
Jason-R

We must have said some things that someone didnt like. I posted some things about it and the post was removed. The things that happened wasnt at a 3d shoot tho. I guess we cant talk much about what did happen, looks like at least 2 post was removed.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #52
ledzeppelin

yep,, everyone is keeping it quite,, their has been threads shut down on AT,,really how bad could it be,, is he going to jail?? did he hurt someone?? or just pitch a fit?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #53
Jason-R

Not going to jail, didnt hurt anyone just done some things that was way out of line.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #54
ArrowSlinger34

I must be right because my posts about what happened keep on disappearing out of no where!
ArrowSlinger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #55
ledzeppelin

please if you know what happened send me a pm,, I will not post it or email it to anyone,,I look up to him and would love to know,,
Old 06-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #56
Jason-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSlinger34 View Post
I must be right because my posts about what happened keep on disappearing out of no where!
I read the post you put that was deleted. That wasnt what it was. I posted some on where it started and some of what happened right after you posted what was deleted. My post was removed.

Last edited by Jason-R; 06-12-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #57
master Cleatus
Jerry Whittington

master Cleatus is on a distinguished road

I don't know what happend, because I wasn't there to witness it...but what I heard while shooting the pro ranges in Kentucky. all stories that I heard from several different archers, shooting/sponsored by different companies was consistant...that makes me believe that there is a better than average chance that what was being told as being true because as I stated earlier, storys are consistant...from everyone that I heard talk about it.....

also, as I understand it, it wasn't just one individual thing...it was total of things ...things add up over years and events... and one of his sponors had a file/recorded/documentation...

very talented shooter is an understatement.. wish I had his shooting ability.

IMHO this will blow over,but its not going to happen over night..going to take some time....
master Cleatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #58
Chris
Administrator

Chris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond reputeChris has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSlinger34 View Post
Your posts were deleted because you posted that someone cheated and without word from the sanctioning event, it is not going to be allowed. I've been hearing bits a pieces of what happened and there was no cheating that I am aware of.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:19 AM   #59
BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed will become famous soon enough

Self-entitlelment arrogance sounds to be a humbling thing..
Old 06-13-2010, 12:25 AM   #60
ArrowSlinger34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Your posts were deleted because you posted that someone cheated and without word from the sanctioning event, it is not going to be allowed. I've been hearing bits a pieces of what happened and there was no cheating that I am aware of.
Ok my bad! Just repeating what one of my friends told me!
Old 06-13-2010, 06:59 AM   #61
Hoyt1945

Hoyt1945 is on a distinguished road

I don't know why the Dave Cuz deal is so hush hush. Other sports that are a lot more popular than archery talk about their stars whether it is good or bad. I'm not trying to bash Cuz, just trying to find out what happend.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #62
20ftup
AT chat Mod

20ftup is on a distinguished road

sometimes speculation and rumors do more harm than the facts, as Ive said Im not suprised but lets get the truth before we ruin a mans character with rumors
20ftup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #63
master Cleatus
Jerry Whittington

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
Self-entitlelment arrogance sounds to be a humbling thing..
qoute of the year....
Old 06-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #64
matrix,hoyt
Hoyt Vertor Turbo

matrix,hoyt is on a distinguished road

I do know as Hoyts Tony tazza told me that dave was at a shoot out of the country and did some terible things at the hotel while being shooter for hoyt so hoyt said by dave.
matrix,hoyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #65
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

The only people who can tell you the whole story are the few who were present from beginning to end of any incident, anyone else would only be participating in unsubstantiated gossipů he said, she said, he said, they said, my buddy told me that his buddy was there and saw the whole thing it happened in Missoula, Kansas one stormy night in the middle of a hurricane aboard a 60 foot sailboat in the middle of the Gobi desertů it was the most brutal thing you ever seenů he said, she said, they said...
Old 06-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #66
Pinwheel1969
#1 THREAD KILLER

Pinwheel1969 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure why everyone cares so much ? More like people wanting rumors to start like on A/T..... I just say let it alone until some one like Dave himslef or Hoyt come out with the details. Other than that its all " Hear Say" and rumors ect........ I personally could care less if he's on staff or not .... Everyone makes mistakes ! We are all human.... crap happens to everyone. doesnt make him a bad person either way !
I would like to thank all my sponsers:Alpine Archery Pro Staff, Tru-Ball Releases Staff , Hydronics Archery Pro Staff,Victory Arrows Staff, Bohning Archery , Vibra-Check , TP Scope Lenses Pro Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff....
RANGER BOW STRINGS
Pinwheel1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #67
Radar
Story of my life

Radar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
The only people who can tell you the whole story are the few who were present from beginning to end of any incident, anyone else would only be participating in unsubstantiated gossipů he said, she said, he said, they said, my buddy told me that his buddy was there and saw the whole thing it happened in Missoula, Kansas one stormy night in the middle of a hurricane aboard a 60 foot sailboat in the middle of the Gobi desertů it was the most brutal thing you ever seenů he said, she said, they said...

possibly one of the funniest things I ever read

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:53 AM   #68
hunter2678

hunter2678 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel1969 View Post
I'm not sure why everyone cares so much ? More like people wanting rumors to start like on A/T..... I just say let it alone until some one like Dave himslef or Hoyt come out with the details. Other than that its all " Hear Say" and rumors ect........ I personally could care less if he's on staff or not .... Everyone makes mistakes ! We are all human.... crap happens to everyone. doesnt make him a bad person either way !
Blame it on the "I need it now", or "I need to know now" culture we live in..an unfortunate by-product of this whole internet thing that Al Gore invented...
Old 06-15-2010, 07:37 AM   #69
Scott74

Scott74 is on a distinguished road

When someone gets the official press release, can they post it please?
Scott74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #70
master Cleatus
Jerry Whittington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott74 View Post
When someone gets the official press release, can they post it please?
I bet ya a diet coke that it an official press realease wont be issued !
Old 06-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #71
Litemup

Litemup is on a distinguished road
Default Hey Guys

You know I don't post on here much, and I have been reading this for awhile now and all I have to say is and hope this doesn't offend anyone, but if it doesn't effect you than why in the heck do you care what Cuz did. The only person it effects is him and whoever else was involved plain and simple. You know if we mind our own business than we can't or won't be minding everyone else's!
Litemup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:29 AM   #72
delarcher

delarcher is on a distinguished road

x2 what litemup said
delarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:54 AM   #73
Gator eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litemup View Post
You know I don't post on here much, and I have been reading this for awhile now and all I have to say is and hope this doesn't offend anyone, but if it doesn't effect you than why in the heck do you care what Cuz did. The only person it effects is him and whoever else was involved plain and simple. You know if we mind our own business than we can't or won't be minding everyone else's!

Because he's sold himself as the face of US archery. He promotes products and whether anybody admits to it we do buy the products, or at least look at the product people like DC and the rest of the elite shooter use, we're all looking for a little edge. When you sell your face as a public figure than we have a right to know who they are and who we support.

What he did effects all of archery. If it effects archery it effects me.

Will it keep me from following and watching DC shoot anytime I can.....no. Just short of pulling a OJ, I'm sure I will be following and watching DC shoot for a long time to come. But I do want to know who I'm talkin to.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:38 AM   #74
Daniel Boone

Default Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litemup View Post
So if team USA member represents the USA world archery team no one should question it We dont derserve the right to have a say but we certianly can say when he does good Sounds like a double standard.
DB
Old 06-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #75
delarcher

does anyone know if he was let go or did he quit?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #76
J.A.G.

J.A.G. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to J.A.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delarcher View Post
does anyone know if he was let go or did he quit?
he was fired
Old 06-17-2010, 06:04 AM   #77
delarcher

j.a.g. if you know that as fact then you must also know the events leading to this so tell us .
Old 06-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #78
Jason-R

There is not a forum out here that will let it go up. I dont care to say but it will just be deleted or I would get banned. Its not just one thing that he did to get him kick off, It has been several things. It was just these last few things that was the last straw.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #79
Gator eye

Sounds like he got drunk, picked up on someones old lady, ended up in a fight, trashed his motel room and had some choice words for anyone that would listen.........big deal.

Here I thought he did something terrible. All he did was drink to much beer. He should know that a American can't keep up and go beer for beer with those from Canada...

What was he thinkin

Sounds like he had a good time though.

Ok I'm done now, except for a jab here and there.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #80
JAVI

JAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud ofJAVI has much to be proud of

you guys are like a bunch of old widow women....