Archery Forums 3DShoots.com
Find Archery Shoots near you  |   Advertise on 3DShoots.com

Go Back   Archery Forums 3DShoots.com > Archery Forum > General Archery Forum
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
diamond-vic.
Senior Member
 
diamond-vic.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 170
diamond-vic. is on a distinguished road
Default finaly!!

hey guys, i finaly got my buck! yesterday down im nothern pennsylvania. gave him 2 grunts and he came right at me, my trusty model 70 .243 did it again!!hes only a 4 pointer but his rack was outside the ears, big body too! oh, and by the way, if anyone on here is also a big rifle shooter, try barnes new triple shock x-bullet, their worth every penny!!!
__________________
Diamond Victory 29"/55#
Gold Tip XT Hunters
Trophy Taker Pronghorn
Copper John Dead Nuts
Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

People Eating Tasty Animals

Remember, a Diamond lasts forever!
diamond-vic. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:27 PM   #2
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond-vic. View Post
hey guys, i finaly got my buck! yesterday down im nothern pennsylvania. gave him 2 grunts and he came right at me, my trusty model 70 .243 did it again!!hes only a 4 pointer but his rack was outside the ears, big body too! oh, and by the way, if anyone on here is also a big rifle shooter, try barnes new triple shock x-bullet, their worth every penny!!!
is that a centerfire bullet or a Muzzleloader bullet?
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:54 PM   #3
MoBowman
Senior Member
 
MoBowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lee's Summit, Mo.
Posts: 595
MoBowman is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
is that a centerfire bullet or a Muzzleloader bullet?

Thats a centerfire bullet. Some claim that it may be a bit too small for whitetail, but is actually a very popular round. They typically come in a 80 grain and 100 grain rounds. Also make a pretty awesome varmit round, flat and fast shooting.

Good shooting Diamond-vic
__________________
www.Missouriwhitetails.com
Trophy Rock Pro Staff
Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On
MoBowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
brokenarrow
Evil Genius
 
brokenarrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hudson Valley NY
Posts: 5,305
brokenarrow is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBowman View Post
Thats a centerfire bullet. Some claim that it may be a bit too small for whitetail, but is actually a very popular round. They typically come in a 80 grain and 100 grain rounds. Also make a pretty awesome varmit round, flat and fast shooting.

Good shooting Diamond-vic
243 and 270 are real popular for whitetail...they're also a good caliber for smaller guys that can't shoulder a 308 or 30-06 w/o flinching
__________________

brokenarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:48 PM   #5
BUNNYMAN
I pray for you!
 
BUNNYMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: the Hutch
Posts: 29,888
BUNNYMAN will become famous soon enoughBUNNYMAN will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
243 and 270 are real popular for whitetail...they're also a good caliber for smaller guys that can't shoulder a 308 or 30-06 w/o flinching
I have that new 308 in the sps w/r3 recoil pad and i would love to get together w/you sometime and let you shoot it.....just so you can see how soft the recoil from this caliber is in this gun.....I would like to shoot it in a real magnum caliber just to see how little recoil there is in this gun......
__________________
I cut things up and split them down!
BUNNYMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2004 3DShoots.com